St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

27 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It was poor today all over the park. Looks like at least some of Stubbs recruitment is suspect, add to that a lot of the squad he inherited arent up to premiership quality. That said, we have one won, lost two and there are apparently one or two more to come in.

we dont have any options on Stubbzo, the BoD arent going to sack him anytime soon given the woeful start Ross had, and they stuck by him!

we need to suck it up, support the manager and team, and hope he finds a settled line up in the squad. The manager wasnt the one who seemed unable to control a ball, play a pass or take a chance today. That was the guys on the pitch calling themselves professional footballers.

and people booing their own team need to have a good look at themselves!

just suspect recruitment, your having a laugh aren't you.

This comparison with Jack Ross and what he inherited is farcical. This is nothing like it. Stubbs inherited a Championship winning side.  Stubbs is not in the same league as Ross and shouldn't exist in the same sentence.

Suck it eh, are you for real. Utter delusion. Stubbs is the worst possible decision our board could have made and we are about to pay a heavy price for it, if we havent already. The correct decision is to sack him. Never in all my time of over 50 years watching football have I ever called for a manager to be sacked this early but this is brutally obvious to anyone with an ounce of football knowledge.

Edited by lenziebud

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

RE C Smith.

He’s alright, but he’s not that good.

He’s not the saviour.

Correct me if i am wrong TC, but are  you suggesting; that having seen the new signings and performances todate, the solution is we should drop Steven McGinn and it's ok to get rid of Cammy Smith?

Edited by magnus

He’s 136 % better than Brock f**kin Ikea

Cammy Smith will tell you himself he isn’t a striker.

This is a player who was punted by Aberdeen and then couldn’t get a game for a shite championship Dundee United.

Don’t get me wrong, Smith is a decent player. But he isn’t all that.

He’s a poor mans Paul McGowan.

Guest TPAFKATS

Utterly naive today.

You know what you get with Livi, esp after last season. Big team who will soak it up and play on the break waiting on long throws, free kicks and corners.

So our manager decides to play a new signing who appears to be a bit short at right back. This guy also can't track back which is an issue given that Livi like to play long diagonals looking to take advantage of the knock down.

Added to this lack of awareness of the opposition he also drops our best attacking player who links up the play better than anyone.

Oh and he appears to have signed yet another to add to the long list of dud strikers.

Just now, TopCat said:

This is a player who was punted by Aberdeen and then couldn’t get a game for a shite championship Dundee United.

I agree with you but when you look at the players that Stubbs has recruited across the board not one of them could lace Smith's boots. We should have definitely been putting Smiths place under preassure this season along with McGinn etc but the recruitment has been so bad that Smith and McGin etc need to start every week

Guest TPAFKATS

A poor man's Paul McGowan helped us beat Paul McGowan's Dundee on the first day of the season.

As a sidekick, still a shambles getting in thank to the new readers. 6 attempt for me and our bald webmaster who was in front of me was also struggling to get in. Shame it didn't just tell me to f off to spare me 90 mins of crap.

8 minutes ago, TopCat said:

You are trolling Bud.

A poor man's Paul McGowan helped us beat Paul McGowan's Dundee on the first day of the season.

Would you swap McGowan for Smith?

I would.

I’ve seen one produce MOTM performances in major cup finals. I’ve seen the other... do well in the Championship?

I’ll get Gowswers boots out for Cammy. They’re needing laced.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Would you swap McGowan for Smith?

I would.

I’ve seen one produce MOTM performances in major cup finals. I’ve seen the other... do well in the Championship?

I’ll get Gowswers boots out for Cammy. They’re needing laced.

Behave yourself, FFS :lol: