St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

Number of punters around me commented on the tactical set up. Coulson got left too often overrun by Livingston players as midfield too narrow and not supporting 'wing backs ' enough. That is the managers job to sort out. Baird came on and immediately improved the defence. Cannot see what Stubbs is seeing in training to justify some of his selections

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Would you swap McGowan for Smith?

I would.

I’ve seen one produce MOTM performances in major cup finals. I’ve seen the other... do well in the Championship?

I’ll get Gowswers boots out for Cammy. They’re needing laced.

Stubbs wouldn't, he'd go down to National League North or South to find someone. Doubt he'd rate Gowser also

Edited by lenziebud

What would your Xl be?

Samson

P McGinn Hodson

Baird Experienced CB

S McGinn Jones

Magennis Left sided Mid

Smith

Mobile No.9

Bench

Goalie

Coulson

Willock

Mullen

NBM

McShane

Heaton (if fit)

That means we need an experienced CB, a left mid (preferably with pace) and a striker this week. A goalie too.

That might fix the mess we’re in right now.

35 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

just suspect recruitment, your having a laugh aren't you.

This comparison with Jack Ross and what he inherited is farcical. This is nothing like it. Stubbs inherited a Championship winning side.  Stubbs is not in the same league as Ross and shouldn't exist in the same sentence.

Suck it eh, are you for real. Utter delusion. Stubbs is the worst possible decision our board could have made and we are about to pay a heavy price for it, if we havent already. The correct decision is to sack him. Never in all my time of over 50 years watching football have I ever called for a manager to be sacked this early but this is brutally obvious to anyone with an ounce of football knowledge.

Eh i thought Ross came from relegating part time Alloa, then almost relegated us, before having a stormer last season against the likes of Brechin, Qos etc.. etc...

fact is this board recruited Ross and gave him time, and they will do the same with Stubbs after committing to him too. Get used to it bud, they wont be paying him off anytime soon.

feck me, three games in a higher league and people wanting to sack the manager. What a load of bottlers we are, have a look back on Fergie's first season.

7 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Number of punters around me commented on the tactical set up. Coulson got left too often overrun by Livingston players as midfield too narrow and not supporting 'wing backs ' enough. That is the managers job to sort out. Baird came on and immediately improved the defence. Cannot see what Stubbs is seeing in training to justify some of his selections

Folks near me said much the same.  

4 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Samson

P McGinn Hodson

Baird Experienced CB

S McGinn Jones

Magennis Left sided Mid

Smith

Mobile No.9

Bench

Goalie

Coulson

Willock

Mullen

NBM

McShane

Heaton (if fit)

That means we need an experienced CB, a left mid (preferably with pace) and a striker this week. A goalie too.

I would maybe add a genuine pacy winger to that.

Guest TPAFKATS

Would you swap McGowan for Smith?

I would.

I’ve seen one produce MOTM performances in major cup finals. I’ve seen the other... do well in the Championship?

I’ll get Gowswers boots out for Cammy. They’re needing laced.
Not now no.
How McGowan played 5 and a half years ago is irrelevant.

You've really got to question who appointed Stubbs, the Chairman and CEO have really been found wanting.

Yup !!

He was a great fit for the club and his passion and style of football was going to respect the work done by Jack Ross yet build on it ..........we were seemingly lucky to get him

I paraphrased Tony F but basically..........

WTF [emoji15]

I think people are over estimating how good our team actually was last year. It was functional with the addition of Morgan brilliance at times. The style we played was taken apart by more physical and experienced teams at times as well. The style was always going to have to change, and the personal has to follow.

Smith was good last season, but again he's totally unproven at this level along with the team minus Samson and arguably McGinn (who's last spell in the league wasn't brilliant with Dundee). In all honesty Morgan was probably the only player we had last season likely to get into the starting 11 of the majority of teams we are now playing.

Our recruitment is a mess, but that's because we weren't organised and allowed the circus of Ross leaving to hamper our efforts to improve early. The length of time we took to appoint someone despite it being clear that Ross was going was a massive hindrance. We are weeks behind most teams, I'm a big believer in the club having someone that retains the contacts and scouting knowledge of players rather than being reliant on the manager at the time to know some people.

Stubbs has missed out on a few targets because of finances, and it looks like there is a few mistakes been made but there's still time to get people in, and actually settle the team. A few of the guys will improve, a few will go. Guaranteed if Stubbs last the season the squad will look entirely different.

Eh i thought Ross came from relegating part time Alloa, then almost relegated us, before having a stormer last season against the likes of Brechin, Qos etc.. etc...

You just don’t quit do you? Any opportunity to denigrate what Ross achieved.

If you want to defend “Stubbzo” then that’s fine but why drag Ross into it and try to take some of the shine off his achievement?

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

fact is this board recruited Ross and gave him time, and they will do the same with Stubbs after committing to him too. Get used to it bud, they wont be paying him off anytime soon.

feck me, three games in a higher league and people wanting to sack the manager. What a load of bottlers we are, have a look back on Fergie's first season.

Alloa was always going to be a tough ask to keep up due to the financial (and FT/PT) differences in the Championship.

JR also came in at a different time, at a point he was over 2 months away from a transfer window where he could shake up the personnel. Stubbs has had this window to make the moves he desired and so far it's been unconvincing to say the least. It was always going to be a tough ask for a new manager to take over a squad minus Lewis Morgan and Harry Davis, but that was the challenge for anyone willing to take the job.

I do of course imagine the board will give Stubbs time too. I just hope we see some dramatic changes because so far this has been concerning. Three matches running we've been at least 2 goals down by HT.

Samson

P McGinn Hodson

Baird Experienced CB

S McGinn Jones

Magennis Left sided Mid

Smith

Mobile No.9

Bench

Goalie

Coulson

Willock

Mullen

NBM

McShane

Heaton (if fit)

Didn’t read beyond the Xl.

Essentially your point is we should start 3 of our 11 who aren’t here yet, and 1 of our 11 should be a player who’s 1 appearance at senior level was a f**king disgrace (jones).

And Hodson? f**k me, my granny would have been better at right back than he was today.

Yeah. Long way to go.

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Agree with that to some degree.

I do think he has a place in our squad.

Captain / leader though? No.

After today I would strip him of the captaincy and drop him. Then look for his response.

He can be a squad filler but out his depth in the Premiership in terms of being a leader and stand out.

You wouldn't have known he was playing this afternoon. When the chips are down I'm expecting my captain to be visibly angry, rally the troops and genuinely try to get the team going again - none of that today, at all. Even if that is to take a body in a 50/50 to get the fans off their feet.

McGinn chucked it this afternoon, numerous times. It was a disgraceful display from a captain and from a captain who our support has been blowing smoke up his arse for the best part of 2 years.

Why?

Drop him and strip of his captaincy cos he has been pish so far this season?

To replace him with someone else who has been pish so far and has no doubt less experience never mind captained a club. A club who were heading for a part time league to then in 18mths be lifting the league trophy.

Mcginn may not be the perfect captain or playing great now but he is by a country mile the best man for the job in that team.

Okay. Haven't read or posted anything on here since about 2pm. I've been defending Stubbs on here since he was appointed BUT

That was shit today. No one got pass marks. Kpekawa forget it. There isn't a player I can see in there. What was that substitution about in the 50th minute. Make it at half time stubbsy unless it was a time wasting tactic to stop us shipping 6. I hope to feck it wasn't.

What was that between McGinn and Smith when he came on? Some sort of solidarity. jack's boys v Stubbs signings. Forget that pish you guys need to stick together.

I've not missed a game this season and so far feck all has filled me with confidence. We're shite and we know we are. Get it sorted Stubbs and McGinn or we're going down.

I'll be at tyncastle next week hope to see you guys there too. SMTID

Guest TPAFKATS
He can be a squad filler but out his depth in the Premiership in terms of being a leader and stand out.
You wouldn't have known he was playing this afternoon. When the chips are down I'm expecting my captain to be visibly angry, rally the troops and genuinely try to get the team going again - none of that today, at all. Even if that is to take a body in a 50/50 to get the fans off their feet.
McGinn chucked it this afternoon, numerous times. It was a disgraceful display from a captain and from a captain who our support has been blowing smoke up his arse for the best part of 2 years.
He was angrily shouting at his team mates about 10 or 15 minutes in whilst it was still 0-0.
There were many challenges that our players pulled out of, it wasn't limited to the captain.
I can only assume its down to coaching and tactics.

5 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

I didn't limit it to our captain. Everyone shat themselves today. On numerous occasions

4 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

I didn't limit it to our captain. Everyone shat themselves today. On numerous occasions

I'm hoping it's all a huge sponsorship coup and big Campbell announces on Monday that we will forthwith be known as the miraLAX stadium

He was angrily shouting at his team mates about 10 or 15 minutes in whilst it was still 0-0.

There were many challenges that our players pulled out of, it wasn't limited to the captain.

I can only assume its down to coaching and tactics.

100% the number of players pulling out of 50/50s was disgraceful. Willcock no way mourinio would accept that. McGinn what was that toe poke reverse Bally dance pish all about. That was shocking today. Guys put the effort in.

Some trumped up out of work hasbeen in a blue suit 2sizes too wee with orangey brown hideous shoes and no dress sense worked from the back by an aledged dodgy dude just bent you over and rodgered you.

Have you no self respect

Come onto feck saints you better turn up next week

Apologies I'm pished in Edinburgh between trains