St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

8 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

100% the number of players pulling out of 50/50s was disgraceful. Willcock no way mourinio would accept that. McGinn what was that toe poke reverse Bally dance pish all about. That was shocking today. Guys put the effort in.

Some trumped up out of work hasbeen in a blue suit 2sizes too wee with orangey brown hideous shoes and no dress sense worked from the back by an aledged dodgy dude just bent you over and rodgered you.

Have you no self respect

Come onto feck saints you better turn up next week

Apologies I'm pished in Edinburgh between trains

You on the platform with Gok Wan?

Didn’t read beyond the Xl.

Essentially your point is we should start 3 of our 11 who aren’t here yet, and 1 of our 11 should be a player who’s 1 appearance at senior level was a f**king disgrace (jones).

And Hodson? f**k me, my granny would have been better at right back than he was today.

Yeah. Long way to go.

You asked, I answered.

We need, at least, 3 to come in and start. To say Jones was a f**king disgrace is just daft.

Hodson at LB will be a better option than Coulson and we have nothing else.

Been a long time since I left a game as deflated as today. Far too many individual errors, but it’s tough to legislate for Kwepawa having the kind of nightmare he had today - he had to get hooked at half time, keeping him on for 3 minutes only served to humiliate the guy.

Brock-Madsen was frustrating up front - I’d have been as well playing there in the first half, but he started to impose himself on their centre halves in the second half - shame it was too late by then.

Don’t know where we go from here - we’re clearly miles off where we need to be, but I’m not sure I trust us to bring the required quality in.

After today I would strip him of the captaincy and drop him. Then look for his response.

Drop the captain and strip him of said captaincy because he’s had a bad game and couldn’t inspire the absolute pish around him?

McGinn is not above criticism and certainly hasn’t been at his best so far this season but the whole team has been honking for weeks so why single him out?

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

Drop tGets aptain and strip him of said captaincy because he’s had a bad game and couldn’t inspire the absolute pish around him?

McGinn is not above criticism and certainly hasn’t been at his best so far this season but the whole team has been honking for weeks so why single him out?

He was poor especially against The Gers

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Agree with that to some degree.

I do think he has a place in our squad.

Captain / leader though? No.

After today I would strip him of the captaincy and drop him. Then look for his response.

So, who, pray, would you give the captaincy to instead? I wonder what Andy Webster is up to these days. 

We slag livi and rightly so, there is something wrong there with that asst manager interviewing for the managers position and the Kenny Miller debacle but one thing they did right was to have a probation clause in the contract, Kenny Miller bombed out without cost, now they may be proved right or wrong to trigger the probation clause, but they had one. I'll bet our chairman and chief exec wish they'd included one in a 3 year contract, if they had Stubbs taxi would have the engine running in greenhill Rd now

18 minutes ago, codfish said:

Brock-Madsen was frustrating up front - I’d have been as well playing there in the first half, but he started to impose himself on their centre halves in the second half - shame it was too late by then.

He was better in the 2nd half because Livingston were content to sit off a bit given their lead.  He looks like a player who would do better in a league where players have more time on the ball. That isn't this league, unfortunately.

There might well be a player in there, but I don't think he is suited to where we are just now.

24 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Drop the captain and strip him of said captaincy because he’s had a bad game and couldn’t inspire the absolute pish around him?

May be reasons for this. Mind on other things.

He was better in the 2nd half because Livingston were content to sit off a bit given their lead.  He looks like a player who would do better in a league where players have more time on the ball. That isn't this league, unfortunately.
There might well be a player in there, but I don't think he is suited to where we are just now.

Yeah, that’s probably right - maybe I’m clutching at straws for positives.

He doesn’t look mobile enough to play up on his own, but 4-4-2 just doesn’t suit the players we have. At least with Mullen you get a worker.

Guest TPAFKATS

Yeah, signing lots of guys who are used to the u23 league is nae the answer for us in our league.

28 minutes ago, DLBud said:

It's TC so we all know why, as the song goes "...he's Jack Ross' man..."

You answered your own question there.

Rather I single out Jones or Hodson, or Willock, or Magennis? They were all terrible; but they’re young players and they’re learning.

As captain, there is rightly more expected of McGinn than the rest. Leader of the pack and all that. He must at least shoulder some responsibility.

Today he seemed far more interested in high fiving Cammy Smith when he came on than getting a grip of the midfield. Why?

He’s happy enough to take the credit when things are going well. Indeed some bizarrely hold him up as the cause of all that’s went right in the last 18 months.

I just don’t think he’s that good. I don’t think he’s much of a natural leader either. Recent central midfielders we’ve had at this level like McLean, Goodwin, Newton and his brother are all far better players than he is.

If we are going to stay up this year we need a real leader in the middle of the park. There isn’t one in the squad just now. Hope we sign one.