St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

Until today was all for giving Stubbs til Xmas before judging. Something wrong at the club. Players dropped. Crap signings. Players out of position. Pinning our hopes on Miller signing ffs. Needs sorting now. Can't even blame Cheesy/ Rae/ Mcpherson etc.

HT 0-2

Second half bit of a non event. Livi still much the better team and apart from a few Samson saves would have won by more.

We never created a chance.

Well beaten. Hearts away and Celtic at home our next two games, should be good. Take 4 points.

Magennis is a good young player but needs to play as a defensive mid in my opinion and mcginn might not have the legs for this league
Not having a go at the 2 players. I was just pointing they were poor last week also. I like both players. But I get the feeling Mcginn is not trusted by AS the same,way he was with JR. Magennis is a terrific young player but has to play in his right position.

Not having a go at the 2 players. I was just pointing they were poor last week also. I like both players. But I get the feeling Mcginn is not trusted by AS the same,way he was with JR. Magennis is a terrific young player but has to play in his right position.
Totally agree

Looking at the squad we don't have anyone that can turn the game by themselves as we did last year. Even last year there were times we looked pedestrian until Morgan came up with something himself.

There's still time thankfully to get some players in, but it looks like our midfield aren't doing great going forward or defensively either. If we don't add that dig or creativity then it's definitely alarm bell time.

The players we've got also just need to get on with it, instead of all this chat of an unsettled team. If your not happy that some guys have been signed to your position, just get on with it and win the job over them. Far too many whispers on social media for my liking.

That’s a decent Livi side though. They play the game correctly. Big physical team, hoof the ball up the park.

I’m afraid that Stubbs doesn’t know what he is going. He’s clueless and most of his signings are shite.

He won’t get sacked till it’s too late and paying him and his back room team off will cost a fortune.

We’re doomed I’m afraid.

Thank fcuk I don’t have a season ticket.

HT 0-2

Second half bit of a non event. Livi still much the better team and apart from a few Samson saves would have won by more.

We never created a chance.

Well beaten. Hearts away and Celtic at home our next two games, should be good. Take 4 points.

Will be listening to my head, not my heart, for those next two games. My head is currently saying no points and a serious hit to the goals against column.
I will point out that unfortunately my heart is saying exactly the same thing...

Flynn is a wide midfielder though, so he is playing in his correct position. Whether he’s good enough is another debate.
So far I can't think of one player Stubbs has brought in that's been a success. Coulson ok now and then. Willock in patches is ok. A 6..3 forward who can't jump. 3 non league players who never play. A center back who's a bomb scare. His recruitment has truly been awful. Hope I'm wrong but his days of being a manager could be numbered.

Dreadful. Just dreadful.  Look like a team and manager not even reading the same book, never mind being on the same page!!

We actually look to be going further away from being a blended team.
There’s a complete confusion about us from top to bottom just now.
It’s not even like we are having a go and being beaten out of naive ambition. It’s just we are utter shite presently.
Get your job done and get it sorted Stubbs.
Three year deal ?!?!.......that looks like a sore one at present.
On the plus, it’s early days, downside, we look to be light in quality players and as a consequence have no plan.

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

Got my 5 year old nephew at his 1st game today, says he wishes he supported Livingston :lol:

He’s enjoying counting the planes flying over though.

Took my 7 year old to his first game as we are over from the States on holiday. He asked why we weren't trying to score a goal :P

10 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

That’s a decent Livi side though. They play the game correctly. Big physical team, hoof the ball up the park.

I’m afraid that Stubbs doesn’t know what he is going. He’s clueless and most of his signings are shite.

He won’t get sacked till it’s too late and paying him and his back room team off will cost a fortune.

We’re doomed I’m afraid.

:byebye

We’re doomed I’m afraid.

Hold on, you were literally berating me on another thread yesterday for even questioning Stubbs...
Or is this a whoosh...

In terms of performances, Baird and Samson only two with anything resembling pass marks.

Thought Madsen had a few nice touches but was largely starved of service. Neither full back or winger got a good cross in once.

I’ve seen some bad debuts in my time, Hodson and Jones today are right up there with the worst ever. Jones apparently has never played a senior game before, and by f**k could you tell. Send him back.

Hodson had nothing too him at all. Couldn’t defend couldn’t get forward. Too small to win a header. P McGinn hasn’t been great, but that was a significant downgrade today.

Also really poor from the old heads. Thought S McGinn in particular was shocking today. Captain? Strolled around the midfield looking barely interested. Gave the ball away constantly. There was outrage about his apparent dropping before the game, I wish he had been.