St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I did something similar Linwood.

Great cause to support.

3 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

No ashamed to say that I spent £5 in Tesco on their own budget line and got a bag and a half of things to donate last time round.

I think the rest of us should line the road to the stadium with rose petals and birch leaves in honour of your, quite frankly, lifechanging acts of selflessness. The lucky recipients of the food should kneel before you in a act of suitable gratitude. A string quartet of Vienna's finest should delicately pluck a tune written specially by Berlioz himself to mark these wondrous achievements. Yes, yes, Berlioz is dead but his cold rotting corpse should be dug up and forced to undertake this task for you guys. The very honour of our great nation is at stake.

As a finishing touch, a personal guard of 12 fans from each side should carry both of you through the town centre followed by dancing flautists with garlands in their blonde flaxen-like hairs and after a short parade drop the pair of you in the bloody canal.

Go and blow your nauseating trumpets elsewhere. I believe you are mistaking this forum for Instagram.

You should both be ashamed to do anything for charity and then brag about it online for "likes". You wont be. But you should.

Edited by oaksoft

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think the rest of us should line the road to the stadium with rose petals and birch leaves in honour of your, quite frankly, lifechanging acts of selflessness. The lucky recipients of the food should kneel before you in a act of suitable gratitude. A string quartet of Vienna's finest should delicately pluck a tune written specially by Berlioz himself to mark these wondrous achievements. Yes, yes, Berlioz is dead but his cold rotting corpse should be dug up and forced to undertake this task for you guys. The very honour of our great nation is at stake.

As a finishing touch, a personal guard of 12 fans from each side should carry both of you through the town centre followed by dancing flautists with garlands in their blonde flaxen-like hairs and after a short parade drop the pair of you in the bloody canal.

Go and blow your nauseating trumpets elsewhere. I believe you are mistaking this forum for Instagram.

You should both be ashamed to do anything for charity and then brag about it online for "likes". You wont be. But you should.

Away and take your face for a sh*te:booty

2 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Away and take your face for a sh*te:booty

Tell you what, I will take my "face for a shite", whatever the hell that means, if you agree to do good deeds quietly without feeling the need to make a performance out of it for facebook likes.

Agreed?

I cant believe you didnt go the whole hog and get an Instagram-ready selfie with the lucky recipient though. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Tell you what, I will take my "face for a shite", whatever the hell that means, if you agree to do good deeds quietly without feeling the need to make a performance out of it for facebook likes.

Agreed?

You seem a tad confused, this isn't Facebook. That looks like a WHOOOOOOSH , and i'm not looking for any"Likes" for it.

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

You seem a tad confused, this isn't Facebook. That looks like a WHOOOOOOSH , and i'm not looking for any"Likes" for it.

When I was a kid, people who performed charitable activities generally didnt publicise it.

It wasnt seemly, it wasnt the done thing and it smacked of stealing the limelight from those in need in order to publicly fluff their own pillows.

I dont often hark back to the past but this is one area of life I would love to see revert to the way it used to be.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

When I was a kid, people who performed charitable activities generally didnt publicise it.

It wasnt seemly, it wasnt the done thing and it smacked of stealing the limelight from those in need in order to publicly fluff their own pillows.

I dont often hark back to the past but this is one area of life I would love to see revert to the way it used to be.

There was many times when i was young that i was in need so i know that feeling bud.

5 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

There was many times when i was young that i was in need so i know that feeling bud.

As I said.... I do something similar. 

Many people do.  I was astonished at the amount donated by fans at the last collection. 

Something to encourage and to celebrate. 

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

As I said.... I do something similar. 

Many people do.  I was astonished at the amount donated by fans at the last collection. 

Something to encourage and to celebrate. 

You donate a couple of packs of Weetabix and you feel the urge to celebrate?

Did your actions save a life? Did you end poverty as we know it? Did you empower a generation of people to dig themselves out of the hole in their lives?

The people who received your food are still out there in deep trouble. About 3 hours after eating your food they were in all likelihood back in deep shit again.

And you want to celebrate? Really?

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You donate a couple of packs of Weetabix and you feel the urge to celebrate?

Did your actions save a life? Did you end poverty as we know it? Did you empower a generation of people to dig themselves out of the hole in their lives?

The people who received your food are still out there in deep trouble. About 3 hours after eating your food they were in all likelihood back in deep shit again.

And you want to celebrate? Really?

Now Oakey.

I do.. We should.. But should always remember that there is much more to do than an o cassional public show of giving.

I have not and will not be sharing what myself or my family might do in this or other charitable courses as this is strictly private.

I agree. 

This is a public and collective action supported and encouraged by supporters. 

Linwood gives.... Good for him... I do too and am proud of our combined efforts and hope that together this joint,  not personal,  endeavour will be a roaring success. 

Back on subject, hopefully Livingston don’t get the new manager bounce on Saturday, this is a game we need to be taking the 3 points, I’m hearing Miller is signing so that should give us a boost, I reckon it will be a tight game but we should get a result, I’m for a 2-1 victory after being 1-0 down.

20 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

Back on subject, hopefully Livingston don’t get the new manager bounce on Saturday, this is a game we need to be taking the 3 points, I’m hearing Miller is signing so that should give us a boost, I reckon it will be a tight game but we should get a result, I’m for a 2-1 victory after being 1-0 down.

Don't forget to take a bag of messages down and tell us what's in the bag...............and the cost. :wink:

I'm also of the view we'll win this, can't see us having a shut out as we still have a defence that's not exactly watertight but, like you, probably 2-1. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't forget to take a bag of messages down and tell us what's in the bag...............and the cost. :wink:

I'm also of the view we'll win this, can't see us having a shut out as we still have a defence that's not exactly watertight but, like you, probably 2-1. 

Are you going? 

Oh no... Forgot.... You don't go to home games. 

On 8/20/2018 at 7:13 PM, St.Ricky said:

Whereas you are definitely a waste of space...no if...no but. Easy goal again

What I really don't get is why you waste so much time on me F Man. I just ignore 99 per cent of your inane ramblings 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Are you going? 

Oh no... Forgot.... You don't go to home games. 

It seems you also forgot that you "ignore" my posts........................:hammer

Keep it up, making a cnut of yourself amuses me on a daily basis. :lol:

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It seems you also forgot that you "ignore" my posts........................:hammer

Keep it up, making a cnut of yourself amuses me on a daily basis. :lol:

Still follow the 1 per cent. Just following your lead F Man --- strangely---it leads nowhere near Our Football ground.

Back to Saturday. Remember St Mirren play Livingston?

Foodbank Collection and a great match in prospect.

Club Site Recommends the Following Donations

St Mirren supporters are organising a food bank collection on Saturday 25th August at the Simple Digital Arena prior to our match against Livingston. 

Prior to the match we would ask that you bring any of the listed items below that the Renfrewshire food bank so desperately needs and deposit them in the bins provided at each stand.

Boxed cereal
Tinned soup
Tinned tomatoes
Pasta sauce
Dried rice/noodles
Tinned fruit
Tinned meat
Tinned fish
Tinned potatoes
Tinned vegetables
Tinned rice/custard
Tea bags/coffee (small)
Long-life juice (1 litre)
UHT milk
jam/peanut butter/other spread
Biscuits
Chocolate/sweeties/crisps

All the donated items will be uplifted and distributed to those most in need. We thank you for your support in helping with this appeal.

To learn more about the Renfrewshire Foodbank and the work that they do please visit www.renfrewshire.foodbank.org.uk.

Edited by St.Ricky

Planed day for the football. In to work 9am to preparation work for a good lady also serving food till 11.15am. Home for a shower and change catch the 12.15 ferry and have a cool beer for the sail over. Catch the train at 13.50 to  Port Glasgow. 2min later the train from Gourock stops jump on to St James.  Off the train then into the 1877 club for a couple of beers. After that take my seat to cheer Saints onto a win :clapping Then a repeat of the journey home reversed. Which old firm fans will be on the ferry home ? Know most of them now so polite chat over a beer. Now should I go home or stay in town for a couple more beers. Decisions, decisions ? 

31 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Planed day for the football. In to work 9am to preparation work for a good lady also serving food till 11.15am. Home for a shower and change catch the 12.15 ferry and have a cool beer for the sail over. Catch the train at 13.50 to  Port Glasgow. 2min later the train from Gourock stops jump on to St James.  Off the train then into the 1877 club for a couple of beers. After that take my seat to cheer Saints onto a win :clapping Then a repeat of the journey home reversed. Which old firm fans will be on the ferry home ? Know most of them now so polite chat over a beer. Now should I go home or stay in town for a couple more beers. Decisions, decisions ? 

Have a beer after the game with super fan F Man. He is sure to be at the home game. I hear he might be buying. 

Both the bigots are playing on Sunday so your boat ride home should be a peaceful one [emoji106]

23 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I fear faraway may be inhabiting a space in your brain rent free Ricky. You appear to reply to almost every post of his.

Today yes.

Time to waste today and who better to waste it on than our prime Trump Style self publicist. Good of you to notice.

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have a great day out IOB.

Will also be in the 1877 with a few others.

Expecting a hard fought match.

Hoping for a home win.