St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

9 minutes ago, Soctty said:

So is not giving personal abuse the equivalent of support? 

What do you suggest would be a suitable way to show them support. Nobody was willing anyone to fail, we all want them to be successful but respect needs to be earned. Any new player at any club needs to earn the fans respect but no one was abusing them despite the poor displays. From what I can read on here the club captain has been singled out rather than the new signings, now that is a disgrace given what he has done on the park since he came back.

I don't really care. The level of support these new players have been given is pathetic. 

What do you mean in terms of support though mate?

Everyone around me yesterday was giving full encouragement throughout the game. Fans venting frustration at full time or on this message board surely isn’t what you mean is it?

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Devastated! :(

There's getting beat and throwing in the towel..............seems we were the latter. 

57 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

So Mr "day with the family" what's  your take on yesterday's game?

I know you're a bit dim, see above, any big words that you struggle with get back to me. :byebye

Having had 24 hours to reflect on this performance l think my biggest disappointment is that there were a number of occasions when jack Ross teams turned in abysmal first halves which often featured zero attempts on goal. The difference tended to be he was able to garner something from them time and again on the second half, adjust his tactics to reflect the opposition and where we were struggling and generally get something out of the game. There was none of that yesterday. I can accept duff performances by players from time to time but the 'quality ' on display at present is really worrying. Players need to stand up and be counted, but most modern players don't think on their feet and are welded to tactical instructions

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Fuds like you who are incapable of patience deserve all they get. 

Its not a matter of patience. I was patient with Jack Ross and Danny Lennon when they had tough spells as it was clear what they were trying to do. Being patient and giving this situation more time is only going to see it get worse! 

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

What do you mean in terms of support though mate?

Everyone around me yesterday was giving full encouragement throughout the game. Fans venting frustration at full time or on this message board surely isn’t what you mean is it?

I belive it is what he means. We have one of the best supporters in the country in terms of the numbers we travel in, noise we make and money we put in to the club. These players have had great backing.

It seems discussing the team and tactics on a message board is being a bad supporter now however!

Edited by Kemp

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. It's slightly off topic but probably not worthy of a thread of its own. Does anyone know why non members weren't allowed into the 1877 Club after the game? The guy on the door couldn't say why (nice chap and we had a good blether, right enough).

Apparently I wasn't the first person to suggest that the club must not want my money. My nephew and I had just endured his second Saints game and I had hoped I would've able to salvage something by showing him the supporters' club.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. It's slightly off topic but probably not worthy of a thread of its own. Does anyone know why non members weren't allowed into the 1877 Club after the game? The guy on the door couldn't say why (nice chap and we had a good blether, right enough).

Apparently I wasn't the first person to suggest that the club must not want my money. My nephew and I had just endured his second Saints game and I had hoped I would've able to salvage something by showing him the supporters' club.
Was it maybe full?

Apparently the situation is that more members are bringing guests. If there are only a finite amount of spaces available, the members guests rightly should have first dibs.
& no it was dead after the game yesterday, I think many of those who had witnessed that debacle couldn’t wait to get as far away as possible after the game .

Guest TPAFKATS

Was mentioned before game that it would be members and guests only afterwards. I saw it on twitter(?) not sure how widespread the message was sent out.

Guessing some members not getting back quickly enough and being denied entry after as it's full of non members like me.

Apparently the situation is that more members are bringing guests. If there are only a finite amount of spaces available, the members guests rightly should have first dibs.
& no it was dead after the game yesterday, I think many of those who had witnessed that debacle couldn’t wait to get as far away as possible after the game .
Thanks CG. Only 91 guests inside suggests that there was no chance of anyone being turned away tho.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, TPAFKATS said:

Was mentioned before game that it would be members and guests only afterwards. I saw it on twitter(?) not sure how widespread the message was sent out.

Guessing some members not getting back quickly enough and being denied entry after as it's full of non members like me.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, gilberto said:
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Thanks CG. Only 91 guests inside suggests that there was no chance of anyone being turned away tho.

They weren't to know so many would slide home.

Result of the day on Saturday

30 August 2018

Saints Fans Collect 2290 meals for Renfrewshire Foodbank

SMFC Webteam
 Community News

Supporters of St Mirren provided an incredible 961.44kg of food at a foodbank collection before last Saturday's match against Livingston - enough for 2,290 meals for people in need in Renfrewshire. 

In the generous bid to help feed those less fortunate in the Renfrewshire area, both sets of fans donated the food - along with St Mirren players and staff, after the Renfrewshire foodbank put together a list of items that is was particularly short on.

In response to the overwhelming effort from the fans, the Renfrewshire Foodbank wrote a letter to St Mirren supporters thanking them for the collection as the number of people needing help from the local foodbank continues to increase.

Elizabeth Alexander, Project Manager of the Renfrewshire Foodbank said: "Please pass on our thanks to St Mirren fans, management team and players for the wonderful donation of 961.44kg of food which is 2,290 meals for people in crisis in Renfrewshire.

"This comes at a time when we are about to see the already large number of people who need our help increase further with the roll out of Universal Credit in Renfrewshire." 

The successful food collection has not been the first to have been organised by fans of the club and due to its success and the success of previous food collections before it, it won’t be the last thanks to the kind hearted Buddies that help to support the initiative.

To learn more about the Renfrewshire Foodbank and the work that they do please visit www.renfrewshire.foodbank.org.uk.

On 8/26/2018 at 6:17 PM, Kemp said:

I belive it is what he means. We have one of the best supporters in the country in terms of the numbers we travel in, noise we make and money we put in to the club. These players have had great backing.

It seems discussing the team and tactics on a message board is being a bad supporter now however!

Kemp. I agree that we have a very loyal and noisy support home and away. Great. Personally, I like seeing people putting forward their ideas on how they think the tactics or team might be improved. I don't much like seeing individual players or the manager having personal attacks and abuse aimed at them. I just can't think what benefit this brings, other than those posting them letting off some steam. So - Keep posting, whatever your thoughts but keep things respectful and constructive. A faint hope perhaps, but a genuine one and one followed by the majority of posters.