Rangers extra seating

Due to the objects being throw at our young fans today I think the club should rethink giving extra stands to rangers. It is a disgrace and I hope the young girl and other fans who were hit today are OK.  I am disgusted however that is why I would not visit some stadiums. 

Edited by fan4ever

Due to the objects being throw at our young fans today I think the club should rethink giving extra stands to rangers. It is a disgrace and I hope the young girl and other fans who were hit today are OK.  I am disgusted however that is why I would not visit some stadiums. 

I’d rather we added an extra £5 onto the ticket price and the sfa made rangers play behind closed doors for a game or two for their fans throwing stuff at away supporters

Stuck this on Facebook page earlier...

Apologies if this has been answered before but how the heck is crowd segregation going to work when those two visit. When they were in the north stand and part of the west stand they all went the same way. North stand is not an issue but how is it going to work with them in the South stand?? Not sure i fancy my 11 year old mixing with them before and after the game based on today’s issues

In every game they have played this season there has been some level of Scum behaviour i.e. vodka bottle thrown at Pittodrie , 2 away fans stabbed in their last Euro game at Ibrox and now today's nonsense. It's about time the police (A joke) come down on this behaviour. 

I was sitting right next to Rangers fans in the Govan and spent most of the game having (Ahem) friendly banter with them. Never saw any missiles getting thrown but the steward next to me did tell about the bottle incident at half time.

He also said new CCTV was installed so everything is caught on camera.

This needs to be re-thought. Sevco fans have caused trouble at every match they've played so far this season. Last thing our ST holders need (apart from being relocated) is their seats being damaged by the filth. They are an abhorrence.

If they are damaged sevco will get a bill to repair them.

Also they should be kept behind in the ground till all our fans have left and clear of the stadium.

I still agree with the board on their decision

It’s the sfa that need to take action for their behaviour from today and recent games

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Also they should be kept behind in the ground till all our fans have left and clear of the stadium.

It’s the sfa that need to take action for their behaviour from today and recent games

Sorry I don’t agree with the decision, in light of the McGinn money do we really need to give them the stand?  I seen the kid being taken away after the goal.  I seen the 5 year old boy at the end as I was leaving being hit by an object from above and the steward being aggressive to his father.  I was spat at outside and fended of a kick making my way to the bus.  I have emailed the club and asked if this can be changed for this club, if not my Direct debit will be cancelled. 

Sorry I don’t agree with the decision, in light of the McGinn money do we really need to give them the stand?  I seen the kid being taken away after the goal.  I seen the 5 year old boy at the end as I was leaving being hit by an object from above and the steward being aggressive to his father.  I was spat at outside and fended of a kick making my way to the bus.  I have emailed the club and asked if this can be changed for this club, if not my Direct debit will be cancelled. 

Why you punishing our club for rangers fans behaviour don’t go to ibrox again it’s exactly why I dont go anymore.

I’d rather we took their money and use it to help us out imo

All non North Stand match tickets should be made available to season ticket holders only. 

Sell them at a heavily reduced price, fill the place with Saints fans or friends of Saints fans who are not of the bigot persuasion. 

North Stand only for them. 

49 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

We've all known they are scum for years now.  Nothing new has changed today.

I can't for the life of me see how rangers fans being scum can result in you cancelling your direct debit to support St Mirren.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Rangers should also be taking action though, finding the culprits and banning them from Ibrox. I'd be embarrassed if similar happened from us and our club ignored it.

33 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Rangers should also be taking action though, finding the culprits and banning them from Ibrox. I'd be embarrassed if similar happened from us and our club ignored it.

Totally agree. 

Was there but didn't see the things mentioned however

3 hours ago, jackbud said:

Apologies if this has been answered before but how the heck is crowd segregation going to work when those two visit. When they were in the north stand and part of the west stand they all went the same way. North stand is not an issue but how is it going to work with them in the South stand?? Not sure i fancy my 11 year old mixing with them before and after the game based on today’s issues

Despite supporting the boards decision on this I think you raise perfectly sensible points regarding segregation when entering or leaving the ground that should be addressed.  A lot of cross flow is inevitable.  As an example we park at the club car park at the West Stand but go to the 1877 club before returning to the West Stand to take our seats. The majority of us and the opposition fans won't find this a problem but it doesn't take many to kick off to cause problems.

Edited by St.Ricky

3 hours ago, jackbud said:

I would disagree that all their fans goes the same way. Always plenty of them going down Greenhill Rd toward Underwood Rd by the time I have left the west stand. I know we shouldn't need to, but surely if anybody is worries all they need to do is stay in the ground for a few mins after the game since it will likely only be for 3 games this season.

I would disagree that all their fans goes the same way. Always plenty of them going down Greenhill Rd toward Underwood Rd by the time I have left the west stand. I know we shouldn't need to, but surely if anybody is worries all they need to do is stay in the ground for a few mins after the game since it will likely only be for 3 games this season.

I wasn’t at the 2-2 game with them so unsure how it all worked out. I take your point re some wander up green hill road however the vast majority will go the other way and onto supporters buses. I know we are only talking about some isolated incidents however for fan safety I’m interested how the segregation will work. They are getting the South stand so maybe keep them in for 20/25mins after full time? Not sure how it will go before however as I said above I wasn’t at the 2-2 game when they had the South stand