Rangers extra seating

48 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Given the club have kicked children and families out of their seats, and presumably closed the Panda club too,  what then is their strategy to encourage more families with children to support the club?

you would think at higher profile games, where it is easier to get children interested to come down to SMP it would be a no-brainer to ramp up your family friendly strategy? I suppose the sevco fans will enjoy the facepainter in the family stand, after all thats another one they wont be paying for!

are we entering the Family Club of the season award again? You got the front for that Gordon?

I'm one of the families kicked out. I'm not that bothered. Knew the deal when I got the tickets, not desperate to be in that atmosphere with my kids so will likely go myself in the west stand.

54 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I'm one of the families kicked out. I'm not that bothered. Knew the deal when I got the tickets, not desperate to be in that atmosphere with my kids so will likely go myself in the west stand.

Its a choice for everyone, you've made yours. But given the 'atmosphere' you describe, which I agree with, how do we as the club (cause thats what smisa members are) change that unhealthy atmosphere???

for me removing your own support is encouraging and facilitating it. Imagine how Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell or Dundee utd fans would react if their club did it to their own, in their family stands..? The club's policy should be to encourage as many people, including families and youngsters to every game, and to give them the confidence that they will be kept safe & secure as the club have a zero tolerance policy towards any kind of anti social, intimidating, bigoted etc.. behaviour.

the line the club have jumped on about well they would just come into the home end if we didn't bend over to them is a weak cop out. Any visiting fan causing a problem in the home end should be ejected. Every other club seem able to  enfirce their own rules & conditions printed on the ticket!

if you dont put your fans first.... who are you?

I’ve got season ticket for my granddaughter in west stand but doubt if my son will want to take her. She’s only 3.

I get the no advantage for the away team bit and I applaud the extremist ideology but I question the fiscal logic as to make use of the tactic we need money to put a team able to make use of that advantage on the park.

Tough one.

Fan safety and moving women, children and season ticket holders is a less convincing argument but adds to the complexity of the issue the BOD have to face.

If it was down to me, I'd build a pub nearer the ground.

Never mind giving them 2 stands, what the club should really be doing is boycotting this game altogether.

St Mirren should take a stand. Let’s refuse to play either of the Old Firm.

It would be a snowball effect. Fans of other clubs would support us and demand their own clubs do the same.

It wound force the non OF clubs to resign en masse and start a new league without them.

We need to get rid of the OF and we need to stop sectarianism.

Any Saints fan who goes to this game is supporting the OF and is an OF apologist who should hang their heads in shame.

Get rid of them...... how's that ever going to happen, the two biggest most powerful clubs in Scotland. They ARE Scottish football.

They are not Scottish football they part of Scottish football like all teams, they just have a bigger corrupt say on matters [emoji6]

Definitely.

What difference does that make?

Zero tolerance of the OF has always been my attitude.

They hang on the coat tails of the rest of Scottish football. We’d thrive without them. They’d be dead in the water.
Very good. You know, of course, that I'm referring to your "apologist" diatribe.

5 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Never mind giving them 2 stands, what the club should really be doing is boycotting this game altogether.

St Mirren should take a stand. Let’s refuse to play either of the Old Firm.

It would be a snowball effect. Fans of other clubs would support us and demand their own clubs do the same.

It wound force the non OF clubs to resign en masse and start a new league without them.

We need to get rid of the OF and we need to stop sectarianism.

Any Saints fan who goes to this game is supporting the OF and is an OF apologist who should hang their heads in shame.

5 hours ago, pod said:

Why not let another club started it first, that way we won't look stupid. :unsure: 

Rephrase that.   that way we won't look anymore stupid  than we are. :(

Interesting to observe that if there was, as announced 242 Livi fans there yesterday, then there must have been 700-750 saints fans in the family stand?

that would mean the whole exercise to kick the children and families out their seats will net maximum £20k more before tax. Assuming they sell all tickets. What a piss poor return for going out of your way to destroy the very fan base clubs like St Johnstone (any under 13 gets in free) are trying to build!

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Interesting to observe that if there was, as announced 242 Livi fans there yesterday, then there must have been 700-750 saints fans in the family stand?

that would mean the whole exercise to kick the children and families out their seats will net maximum £20k more before tax. Assuming they sell all tickets. What a piss poor return for going out of your way to destroy the very fan base clubs like St Johnstone (any under 13 gets in free) are trying to build!

The free kids at Perth sit in the stand behind the goal so they must get moved when the bigot arrive since they get both goals behind the stand.

21 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

Nup, they are Scottish football. Only Scottish teams people outside of Scotland talk about, only Scottish teams that have a presence in Europe, only Scottish teams that regularly win trophies, and on it goes. They have by far the largest support, not just in Scotland but overseas too, and are the most influential when it comes to policy making. And a few disgruntled St Mirren fans are gonna have a dummy spit an get rid of them.......as if......get real.......f**kin wake up tae yersel. Nobody gives a rat's arse about St Mirren, and every other Scottish clubs' opinions outside of the big two. Now, how the f**k can you change that. You can't. And they know it..........

Find it odd any Saints fan thinks that way. To me Saints ARE Scottish football and the OF are a side (freak) show. Who cares what the uninformed or ignorant think. I have never spoken to anyone outside of Scotland who had never heard of us ! It's those that believe the media hype that perpetuate the myth. Go ask the fans of every non OF club in Scotland and see how few share your opinion. You come across very much as a Chick Young style establishment apologist. FTOF and all that they stand for.

On 8/24/2018 at 3:42 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:
24 August 2018

Supporter safety update

SMFC Webteam
 Fans News

Following a few unsavoury incidents during our recent match at Ibrox we have received some emails from our supporters and SMISA asking us to consider the security arrangements around any future fixtures at our own stadium where visiting fans will be housed in both the North & South Stands.

In our original announcement regarding the segregation arrangements at those matches we hopefully explained clearly the reasoning and rationale behind the decision. Although there is an obvious financial benefit to the club the security and safety of our own fans will always be our number one priority and we conducted a full due diligence review with our advisors prior to confirming the segregation arrangements.

The clear advice from our safety group, comprising stewards, local police and our own safety officers was that the arrangements offered no concerns over and above those normally associated with hosting high profile matches. There are no concerns over supporter safety and as such we have no further plans to review the segregation arrangements over and above anything which is recommended during our regular pre-match safety briefings.

In actual fact the safety advice we have received is that containing visiting fans within their own specific sections of the stadium, rather than for example sharing the West Stand with home fans, makes policing the match easier than it would have been previously.

Similarly we hope that the increased capacity afforded to the visiting teams on these occasions will reduce the risk of away fans purchasing tickets for the home end of the stadium, something that we have experienced in the past and which causes obvious issues.

Your safety and enjoyment when visiting the Simple Digital Arena is of paramount importance to us and you can rest assured we will do whatever is necessary to make sure you can enjoy your football in a safe environment, taking any additional measures that are recommended by our safety advisors in the run up to these matches.

We anticipate the game against Celtic on Friday 14th September could be the first ever match to reach maximum capacity at the stadium since our move in 2009 so we would recommend buying your tickets as early as possible to avoid any disappointment.

Tickets go on general sale next Thursday, August 30th so we would recommend any season ticket holders from the Family Stand make use of the opportunity to have first choice of the remaining seats before that general sale period begins.

We are all adapting to life back in the top division, both on and off the field, and as ever we appreciate your patience and support as we do so.

#COYS

Financial benefits ahem

After yesterday performance