Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
fan4ever

Rangers extra seating

Recommended Posts


Weren’t the North Bank boys tossing balls of ice at Alex Rae’s head not so long ago? That could’ve done significant damage to anyone if if connected properly.
Im all for being outraged at the incident today but make sure our record is clean first.
You really can't see the difference between throwing a snowball and throwing a bottle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn’t at Ibrox on Sunday, but my son was, I told him prior to the game exactly what would happen and how he and the rest of the fans would be treated. To be honest he thought I was exaggerating but when he returned home he told me that I was right. 

This stuff has has been getting swept under the carpet by the clubs SFA and media for years. If we don’t stand up at some point then it will continue. 

My views on chucking families out of the ground to let more OF fans in are well known, perhaps if the board had announced their decision on this now some of the happy clappers would have not been quite so blind and vociferous in their support for a stupid decision that undermines all the hard work undertaken to encourage families back. 

Worth remembering that many of the W7 guys are among the first generation of Saints fans to come out of the family stand and without the ground work laid by getting them in as youngsters the W7 section would be no where near as successful as it is. 

Time to revisit the decision to give the family stand over to the OF or at least Sevco and make public exactly the reason for the change of mind. 

Edited by DumboBud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not one for sticking up for them but I don't think it's fair that Celtic fans are being tarred with the same brush as those 

disgusting Sevco c**t's, obviously we've had problem's with there fans in the past just like most teams we've faced over 

the years, but I've not experienced anything near like the bile and hatred that come's from the Rangers fans especially when 

we're playing at Ibrox.......They're utter f**king scum,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

Weren’t the North Bank boys tossing balls of ice at Alex Rae’s head not so long ago? That could’ve done significant damage to anyone if if connected properly.

Im all for being outraged at the incident today but make sure our record is clean first.

'balls of ice':lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scrappy coco said:

I'm not one for sticking up for them but I don't think it's fair that Celtic fans are being tarred with the same brush as those 

disgusting Sevco c**t's, obviously we've had problem's with there fans in the past just like most teams we've faced over 

the years, but I've not experienced anything near like the bile and hatred that come's from the Rangers fans especially when 

we're playing at Ibrox.......They're utter f**king scum,

That has generally been my experience too.

Every club has a scummy element, but the sevco bigots take it to a different level.

I was waiting for the train at Partick Station after we put Celtic out the cup in 2013, and didn't feel at all intimidated by the large crowd of Celtic supporters who were also gathered there. Indeed, a few commented to me that we deserved the win and hoped we'd go on to lift the cup.  Would it have been similar had it been Rangers we had just papped out? I hardly think so.

I daresay folk could recall plenty of bad experiences with Celtic fans, but, in my experience, they tend not to be nearly as bad as the shower from the other side of the city.

That said, neither should be getting additional seating at our stadium. f**k them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Drew said:

That has generally been my experience too.

Every club has a scummy element, but the sevco bigots take it to a different level.

I was waiting for the train at Partick Station after we put Celtic out the cup in 2013, and didn't feel at all intimidated by the large crowd of Celtic supporters who were also gathered there. Indeed, a few commented to me that we deserved the win and hoped we'd go on to lift the cup.  Would it have been similar had it been Rangers we had just papped out? I hardly think so.

I daresay folk could recall plenty of bad experiences with Celtic fans, but, in my experience, they tend not to be nearly as bad as the shower from the other side of the city.

That said, neither should be getting additional seating at our stadium. f**k them.

 

Without getting into a huge debate about which of the arse cheeks is worse, all you need to do is to list four cities that hosted four finals.

Lisbon - Seville 

Barcelona - Manchester

 

Debate over. All visiting fans should only be given the away stand, unless a team could win the title on our patch and we could, under those circumstances, try to accomodate them.... however, the thought of Hearts fans at our place in such numbers next April...

Edited by pozbaird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said this way back at the time. The new Sevco club should not have been allowed in the league. It would have been the death of the Old Firm. It would have ended sectarianism in Scotland.

 

After they did get in, fans should have boycotted all games against them, home and away. I would extend that boycott to games against Celtic.

 

I have never been to a game against either since 2012.

 

If everyone did the same then change would happen.

 

Fans should stop moaning and take action. They have it in their own hands.

 

Edit. I remember back in 2012 when folk like faraway and pozbaird were desperate to get Sevco in the league. And oaksoft is s regular OF apologist.

 

They should hang their heads in shame.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

No idea.
I wasn't at the game.

Either was I so that was why I ask. I will also miss this game due to being on holiday but the test will be in a few weeks when we play Celtic. Trouble at that game may well make the police change their mind on allowing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh the irony.

When the announcement was first made that rangers fans were to be allocated the family stand, I complained that priority should have been given to trying to build our own support first.

NO attempt was made to build on last season's achievement and subsequent feel good factor. None whatsoever.

I said that if people don't bring kids because of the atmosphere, increasing the source of the vile bigotry and hateful chants was going to solve nothing.

I felt then and still do that the only way to turn things around and ensure we continue to build our own fan base was to incentivise our own fans, including families, to fill as much of the stadium as possible.

Of course, I was shot down in flames and told that the income from sevco fans will buy us a player, which is far more important!

Oh the irony!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jackbud said:


I wasn’t at the 2-2 game with them so unsure how it all worked out. I take your point re some wander up green hill road however the vast majority will go the other way and onto supporters buses. I know we are only talking about some isolated incidents however for fan safety I’m interested how the segregation will work. They are getting the South stand so maybe keep them in for 20/25mins after full time? Not sure how it will go before however as I said above I wasn’t at the 2-2 game when they had the South stand

The test will be if the Celtic game passes without any bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scrappy coco said:

I'm not one for sticking up for them but I don't think it's fair that Celtic fans are being tarred with the same brush as those 

disgusting Sevco c**t's, obviously we've had problem's with there fans in the past just like most teams we've faced over 

the years, but I've not experienced anything near like the bile and hatred that come's from the Rangers fans especially when 

we're playing at Ibrox.......They're utter f**king scum,

In my experience Celtic fans haven't been much better. Had a terrible experience at Celtic park as well with missiles thrown (wasn't bottles right enough) All clubs have idiot fans but the Bigot brothers seem to have a higher than normal percentage. 

On the notes about fan safety, I would be concerned if we limited their numbers by not giving them the second stand. In years gone by they've bought home tickets. Would much rather they were in themselves than potentially sitting with St Mirren fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fellow SMISA fans should band together to limit the visit of Rangers fans to one stand.

Their mid week game two were stabbed ,  one of our young female fans hit with a bottle while reports of various missiles thrown and our fans attacked leaving the stadium.

This is not a one off by them I for one will be bitterly disappointed if our club ignore our concerns. While I'm no fan of Celtic ether they at least behave themselves in the most part.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In my experience Celtic fans haven't been much better. Had a terrible experience at Celtic park as well with missiles thrown (wasn't bottles right enough) All clubs have idiot fans but the Bigot brothers seem to have a higher than normal percentage. 
On the notes about fan safety, I would be concerned if we limited their numbers by not giving them the second stand. In years gone by they've bought home tickets. Would much rather they were in themselves than potentially sitting with St Mirren fans. 


They will still buy and sit among us anyway.
Plus,no doubt have some tables at corporate hospitality.
A cash cow that’s exploited at home fans expense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Oh the irony.

When the announcement was first made that rangers fans were to be allocated the family stand, I complained that priority should have been given to trying to build our own support first.

NO attempt was made to build on last season's achievement and subsequent feel good factor. None whatsoever.

I said that if people don't bring kids because of the atmosphere, increasing the source of the vile bigotry and hateful chants was going to solve nothing.

I felt then and still do that the only way to turn things around and ensure we continue to build our own fan base was to incentivise our own fans, including families, to fill as much of the stadium as possible.

Of course, I was shot down in flames and told that the income from sevco fans will buy us a player, which is far more important!

Oh the irony!

You may well have been told that but as I recall, the vast majority of St. Mirren supporters were firmly against the decision to give them an extra stand, that being said a percentage of those who were against it could just about understand the reasoning behind it.

I was and still am of the belief that they should get no more or less than any other away team in our league. Rangers fans in particular are abhorrently behaved whether at home or travelling. I'd really hope our BoDs are sitting today and reconsidering our stance on this given the incidents from yesterday.

I'm not one to scream 'statement' at every juncture but the board really have to listen to the will of the majority of the home supporters here. Fact of the matter is that several St. Mirren fans, particularly those with young children or the elderly, are sufficiently intimidated by the presence of these knuckle-draggers that they are going to stay away from the ground. To me, even 100 of our own support feeling safe enough to attend and changing their decision to not come along is of far more importance that upsetting 1200 mouth breathers who cannot get a ticket and even if they did, would only f**king abuse our facilities and resent us anyway.

This is an issue which must be sorted.

Edited by djchapsticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Oh the irony.

When the announcement was first made that rangers fans were to be allocated the family stand, I complained that priority should have been given to trying to build our own support first.

NO attempt was made to build on last season's achievement and subsequent feel good factor. None whatsoever.

I said that if people don't bring kids because of the atmosphere, increasing the source of the vile bigotry and hateful chants was going to solve nothing.

I felt then and still do that the only way to turn things around and ensure we continue to build our own fan base was to incentivise our own fans, including families, to fill as much of the stadium as possible.

Of course, I was shot down in flames and told that the income from sevco fans will buy us a player, which is far more important!

Oh the irony!

You weren't shot down by everyone, Brian.

I have been opposed to the policy since day one. The additional revenue does not justify the treatment of loyal St Mirren supporters, nor is it worth the risk of potential security issues on account of having OF fans at either end of the ground.

It was poorly devised then, and remains so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw diddums. 

Some have a soft spot for Celtic fans. 

The same fans who love and sing the praises of the IRA and other Thugs. 

Remind you this is the anniversary where, heroes of Celtic fans, blew up innocent children and other innocent human beings at Omagh. 

Celtic fans celebrate this at Scottish Football Stadiums including Greenhill Road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You may well have been told that but as I recall, the vast majority of St. Mirren supporters were firmly against the decision to give them an extra stand, that being said a percentage of those who were against it could just about understand the reasoning behind it.

I was and still am of the belief that they should get no more or less than any other away team in our league. Rangers fans in particular are abhorrently behaved whether at home or travelling. I'd really hope our BoDs are sitting today and reconsidering our stance on this given the incidents from yesterday.

I'm not one to scream 'statement' at every juncture but the board really have to listen to the will of the majority of the home supporters here. Fact of the matter is that several St. Mirren fans, particularly those with young children or the elderly, are sufficiently intimidated by the presence of these knuckle-draggers that they are going to stay away from the ground. To me, even 100 of our own support feeling safe enough to attend and changing their decision to not come along is of far more importance that upsetting 1200 mouth breathers who cannot get a ticket and even if they did, would only f**king abuse our facilities and resent us anyway.

This is an issue which must be sorted.

Simple solution in the hands of the supporters. Buy enough season tickets to fill the West Stand and Main Stand and there is Nowhere to relocate people from the family stand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

Sorry I don’t agree with the decision, in light of the McGinn money do we really need to give them the stand?  I seen the kid being taken away after the goal.  I seen the 5 year old boy at the end as I was leaving being hit by an object from above and the steward being aggressive to his father.  I was spat at outside and fended of a kick making my way to the bus.  I have emailed the club and asked if this can be changed for this club, if not my Direct debit will be cancelled. 

Trying to hold our club to ransom won't help anyone. The direct debit is a long-term commitment towards the buying of the club. When the fans own the club, is this the kind of nonsense we'll get at every turn when fans don't like a decision? If so there will be a lot of disappointed fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shull said:

Aw diddums. 

Some have a soft spot for Celtic fans. 

The same fans who love and sing the praises of the IRA and other Thugs. 

Remind you this is the anniversary where, heroes of Celtic fans, blew up innocent children and other innocent human beings at Omagh. 

Celtic fans celebrate this at Scottish Football Stadiums including Greenhill Road. 

Aw come on shul. I don't have any time for the political/religious affiliations of either of these teams but I wouldn't tar all of their fans with the same brush. 

Let's simply unite as fans and buy season tickets for the unassigned seats in the West Stand. 

Job done.... Then nowhere to move our Family Stand season ticket holders to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am one of those affected by the old firm allocation decision, and although not happy I understand it's a financial decision. We still have the majority of the tickets in the stadium, and if we sell those we'll have the majority of fans.

So, if we are all going to urge the club to slash Rangers allocation, will we be willing to make up the lost income from that? OR will we just moan at the board when we don't have the budget we though we'd have, and have to offload a player or two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The club should refuse to play against either of the Old Firm. Just concede the games.

 

Enough is enough.

 

It is getting to that stage now. 

It has always been bad but groups like the Union Bears and Green Brigade have upped the vile stakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Aw come on shul. I don't have any time for the political/religious affiliations of either of these teams but I wouldn't tar all of their fans with the same brush. 

Let's simply unite as fans and buy season tickets for the unassigned seats in the West Stand. 

Job done.... Then nowhere to move our Family Stand season ticket holders to

I am not tarring all with IRA love. 

But as some say, it is only a minority, so why the hell do the majority not shut them up and get them removed or banned? 

Their Club know where they all sit and do nothing. 

If we had a rogue element in our support they would be removed or cleansed very quickly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×