Safety Of Our Fans

Isle Of Bute Saint

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes i cant provide evidence of something i never claimed to be the case.

it must really be ripping you apart that Scott & Smisa have really strung themselves out on this? What drives you to either deny. Promises were broken, or even admit they were made? You are really hurting yourself here.

Evidence not required, just clarity on why mentioning company law was relevant in this debate would do me. If we are agreeing that there is no legal wrong doing, referencing it seems entirely pointless and an attempt to be missleading I'd say. 

However evidence would be great that they have 'strung themselves out on this' or 'promises were broken' I've shared a direct quote from SMISA offical page that promises haven't been broken, over to you. 

2 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I'm not one to be shy on calling out LPM when he's "at it" and neither am I saying I'm for or against away supporters being in the family stand however this is from an interview GLS gave to the Herald in June 2016 purely for balance:-

"You look at the Rangers game [at the end of the season when St Mirren gave an additional stand to the Ibrox support]. The right thing would have been to go to the fans and say “we can make X amount of money but we’ll need to move a group of fans, what do you think?” and let them have their say. It would never be in my interest to go against the fans’ wishes. Things like league reconstruction or going back to the Rangers situation in 2012 – these are the things that supporters will get to vote on. And unless I felt it was an option that would put the club in peril I would go with what the fans want. That is the whole ethos of this.”

The point is that the Club consider that they have done this by virtue of having a SMISA director on the board. 

My issue would be clarifying what "he" is authorised to do on behalf of the fans group. 

Having said that,  I would hate to be that person. 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Evidence not required, just clarity on why mentioning company law was relevant in this debate would do me. If we are agreeing that there is no legal wrong doing, referencing it seems entirely pointless and an attempt to be missleading I'd say. 

However evidence would be great that they have 'strung themselves out on this' or 'promises were broken' I've shared a direct quote from SMISA offical page that promises haven't been broken, over to you. 

Oh dear... thats gonna sting

6 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I'm not one to be shy on calling out LPM when he's "at it" and neither am I saying I'm for or against away supporters being in the family stand however this is from an interview GLS gave to the Herald in June 2016 purely for balance:-

"You look at the Rangers game [at the end of the season when St Mirren gave an additional stand to the Ibrox support]. The right thing would have been to go to the fans and say “we can make X amount of money but we’ll need to move a group of fans, what do you think?” and let them have their say. It would never be in my interest to go against the fans’ wishes. Things like league reconstruction or going back to the Rangers situation in 2012 – these are the things that supporters will get to vote on. And unless I felt it was an option that would put the club in peril I would go with what the fans want. That is the whole ethos of this.”

That interview has been referenced many times, peoples opinions change and I don't think it's fair to hold him to one interview he game two years ago.

In saying that, I'm also struggling to see where he categorically promise without recourse. He noted in his decision the financial impact of not doing it and it wasn't a decison taken lightly,

is it the right thing to kick him when he's down? 'and say but but but 24 months ago you said!' Typical of LPM maybe to jump on anything he can hold against SMISA and GLS and not realise everyone is human and everything is fluid and changes. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

The point is that the Club consider that they have done this by virtue of having a SMISA director on the board. 

My issue would be clarifying what "he" is authorised to do on behalf of the fans group. 

Not disagreeing with what you say or the club consider.

That said GLS said,  giving an example that is exactly the same as what is happening just now, that the fans would have their say and that it wouldn't be in his best interests to go against their wishes. To the best of my knowledge that hasn't happened.

On balance I'm probably more for than against giving them more seats (from a financial viewpoint only) however I can understand people feeling aggrieved about the arrangements for these games and that they don't feel that their thoughts or concerns are being heard or taken into consideration.

Making statements like GLS did and not following through on them give plenty of ammunition for criticism in situations like this!!

Just now, bazil85 said:

That interview has been referenced many times, peoples opinions change and I don't think it's fair to hold him to one interview he game two years ago.

In saying that, I'm also struggling to see where he categorically promise without recourse. He noted in his decision the financial impact of not doing it and it wasn't a decison taken lightly,

is it the right thing to kick him when he's down? 'and say but but but 24 months ago you said!' Typical of LPM maybe to jump on anything he can hold against SMISA and GLS and not realise everyone is human and everything is fluid and changes. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I happen to think that in the main GLS and SMiSA are doing a grand job......what are you going on about "kicking a man when he is down", in what way is GLS down (your words and nobody elses!!)?

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It's a thankless job mate, especially when you have people that have a clear vendetta against you waiting to jump on every little aspect of your role. Oh to hate so much :( 

4 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I happen to think that in the main GLS and SMiSA are doing a grand job......what are you going on about "kicking a man when he is down", in what way is GLS down (your words and nobody elses!!)?

Have you read LPM comments on SMISA and GLS? He makes every effort to undermime and hurt them (and by virute SMFC) whenever he can.

Using the recent fan rumblings about the family stand/ Sevco  is no different to his attempts with the new ralston pitch, wages for first team, USH and pretty much anything SMISA are involved with. 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Have you read LPM comments on SMISA and GLS? He makes every effort to undermime and hurt them (and by virute SMFC) whenever he can.

Using the recent fan rumblings about the family stand/ Sevco  is no different to his attempts with the new ralston pitch, wages for first team, USH and pretty much anything SMISA are involved with. 

What has that got to do with me or my thoughts??

You may or may not have noticed I told LPM I thought he was at it over the shirt sponsorship the other day.

You may well be right in what you say about LPM and his motives however your behaviour is almost identical, just from the other side of the fence!!

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Aye.... aw the crap decisions..!

Just now, WeeBud said:

What has that got to do with me or my thoughts??

You may or may not have noticed I told LPM I thought he was at it over the shirt sponsorship the other day.

You may well be right in what you say about LPM and his motives however your behaviour is almost identical, just from the other side of the fence!!

Nothing I didn't say it had, sorry it it's came out that way. 

If me being positive about SMISA and SMFC is other side of the fence, I'm happy with that. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Nothing I didn't say it had, sorry it it's came out that way. 

If me being positive about SMISA and SMFC is other side of the fence, I'm happy with that. 

I'm exactly the same Baz, however it doesn't mean that from time to time I won't agree with something they do or say and I'll say it.

The almost evangelical way you defend everything and all that they do, arguing with everyone that disagrees with you, actually diminishes the strength of your arguments at times. That said I believe that for the most part you are well intentioned (not that you should give any sort of shite about what I think, you are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else!!).

1 minute ago, WeeBud said:

I'm exactly the same Baz, however it doesn't mean that from time to time I won't agree with something they do or say and I'll say it.

The almost evangelical way you defend everything and all that they do, arguing with everyone that disagrees with you, actually diminishes the strength of your arguments at times. That said I believe that for the most part you are well intentioned (not that you should give any sort of shite about what I think, you are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else!!).

Stuff I haven't agreed with as well, or seen why there was negativity. Just generally I think there's plenty to be negative about Scottish football as a whole without us hammering a fan buyout. 

I've said it before, I'm fine with opinion but claims of wrong-doing which we oftern get from people like LPM and a certain SD... Not a fan at all. 

18 hours ago, bazil85 said:

In saying that, I'm also struggling to see where he categorically promise without recourse

"It would never be in my interest to go against the fans’ wishes. "

He noted in his decision the financial impact of not doing it and it wasn't a decison taken lightly,

Your really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, this isn't a throwaway statement related to a one-off scenario.  the language used and the tone suggest that this is a deeply held view, even an expression of values.  If he has changed his view on fan consultation then that is fine.  You can't go and set out your values and then abandon the at the first challenge.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Your really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, this isn't a throwaway statement related to a one-off scenario.  the language used and the tone suggest that this is a deeply held view, even an expression of values.  If he has changed his view on fan consultation then that is fine.  You can't go and set out your values and then abandon the at the first challenge.

If you want to hold a guy to an interview two seasons ago with a newspaper that made no promises fine. I happen to be more of the opinion that like all of us, he’s human and his stance will change. I’d also be inclined to realise that was before he had any experience as chairman of a football club. Oh to hold him hostage for not being perfect. 

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Did anyone contact GLS or TF and ask about the figures regarding the attendance of supporters in the family stand when those two teams come?

I'm only going from personal experience and know I wasn't taken or allowed to go when they came calling when I was under 16.

They quoted it potentially could be a six figure sum in extra income I believe 

If you want to hold a guy to an interview two seasons ago with a newspaper that made no promises fine. I happen to be more of the opinion that like all of us, he’s human and his stance will change. I’d also be inclined to realise that was before he had any experience as chairman of a football club. Oh to hold him hostage for not being perfect. 
Errrr.... It was the very last time this applied!
Unbelievable you try to defend this. Alistair Campbell would be proud.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

They quoted it potentially could be a six figure sum in extra income I believe 

RIght, but we are clever folks around these parts and can do the arithmetic ourselves.

In fact I have already shown my figures elsewhere.

The stand holds 1633 people and we will be charging £27 for away adults which makes it around £130k.

But of course there will be many kids and concessions, staffing costs, policing, utility bills and tax to pay. We are compensating the family stand season ticket holders as well.

There is no way the total post tax income will be 6 figures. Nowhere near it. You need to stop and think about what you are saying here. It's disingenious to talk about 6 figures when we cannot expect to pocket that for players or anything else. It's total bullshit in fact.

We are whoring ourselves and f**king over the entire family stand of season ticket holders for what looks about £60k or £70k (around 2% of our turnover) and we are setting a precedent here for this to continue until we own the club as fans when hopefully this embarassment can be brought to a swift halt. Not everything can be about money. You can lose your soul when it does. 

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Errrr.... It was the very last time this applied!
Unbelievable you try to defend this. Alistair Campbell would be proud.

So something he said over two seasons ago should be hounded against the man forever more? Because of one interview he's a liar and went against his very core principles. Harsh but not at all suprising from some of the anti SMISA/ SMFC crowd.