Buy out West Stand Season Tickets Campaign

A number of posters are unhappy at the decision of the board to allocate both North and Family Stands to the sway fans of the two Glasgow Clubs.  As a result, those season ticket holders in the Family Stand will be relocated in the West Stand.  But.   What if the West Stand was Sold to Season Ticket Holders?  Questions?  How many seats are left in the West Stand when  you deduct existing season ticket holders?  Can we as fans do anything to encourage or assist fans to sign up forseason tickets Now and fill the West Stand.? What can SMISA and or the Fans Council do?  Ideas please.... Let's do something positive. 

Edited by St.Ricky

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A number of posters are unhappy at the decision of the board to allocate both North and Family Stands to the sway fans of the two Glasgow Clubs.  As a result, those season ticket holders in the Family Stand will be relocated in the West Stand.  But.   What if the West Stand was Sold to Season Ticket Holders?  Questions?  How many seats are left in the West Stand when  you deduct existing season ticket holders?  Can we as fans do anything to encourage or assist fans to sign up forseason tickets Now and fill the West Stand.? What can SMISA and or the Fans Council do?  Ideas please.... Let's do something positive. 

I think you are talking at least the thick end of 700 available but probably more

Just now, WeeBud said:

I think you are talking at least the thick end of 700 available but probably more

Then how can we encourage, help or facilitate the sale of these? 

If successful we would, at a stroke,  contribute funds to the club and sort out the issue of visiting fans being allocated the north stand only. 

Ideas please! 

16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Youre about 2 months too late, you hawfwit

Edited by 17/03/13

6 minutes ago, 17/03/13 said:

Youre about 2 months too late, you hawfwit

I was saying the same 2 months ago.  Never too late, unless you feel happier conceding that this is  inevitable. 

So... Ideas please.  Cut Price tickets?  Subsidized tickets for particular Groups?  Raffles?  Competitions?  

Edited by St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, yer right enough.

As usual you make no sense whatsoever FS.

You seem to be implying that I am somehow hypocritical but I think you are confused about that, as with so many other things.

Getting out of bed without bumping your head, sticking your fingers in the electrical sockets and burning your house down must be a daily challenge.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

As usual you make no sense whatsoever FS.

You seem to be implying that I am somehow hypocritical but I think you are confused about that, as with so many other things.

Getting out of bed without bumping your head, sticking your fingers in the electrical sockets and burning your house down must be a daily challenge.

Paying for 1 match ticket let alone a season ticket seems to be challenge for FMan but I appreciate that costs might be high for someone on low income. 

St Ricky, if we can identify (and galvanise) what we have done well to get the increase in our season tickets to date and we should be heading in the right direction (season tickets numbers wise). As I understand the numbers are up.

1) a good team on the park.
2) a genuine bond between club and fans.
3) good match day experience (W7 boys)

It’s very difficult to pinpoint why the uptake isn’t even higher, this is part young in cheek but I do wonder if we had a maverick (Gallus) type player would that bring more numbers in??

49 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

St Ricky, if we can identify (and galvanise) what we have done well to get the increase in our season tickets to date and we should be heading in the right direction (season tickets numbers wise). As I understand the numbers are up.

1) a good team on the park.
2) a genuine bond between club and fans.
3) good match day experience (W7 boys)

It’s very difficult to pinpoint why the uptake isn’t even higher, this is part young in cheek but I do wonder if we had a maverick (Gallus) type player would that bring more numbers in??

RichardBuddie

1 I think you have hit the nail on the head... Hence the talk of marquee signings.

Morgan and Davis aside.... I think our squad is better than last year and set to improve further. 

2 The bond between club and fans was getting stronger but momentum was slowed with the period of uncertainty and management changes. 

But

Only 1 defeat in competitive games isn't too shabby and is better than last season.

3 The W7 guys are doing a great job at the stadium. 

Its time we stopped being afraid of success and failure. 

I do think that we might be a further 500-600 season tickets up but perhaps the board can come up with some ideas to promote these. 

Certainly, some people on here have out ideas forward. 

Maybe some folks on the forum who don't have season tickets or even don't go to games could say what would entice them to-do so. 

What a ridiculous idea.

Any decent person would boycott games against the Old Firm.

Any Saints fan who attends a game against the Old Firm is supporting bigotry and sectarianism.

Its disgusting and its shameful.

What a load of shite zico! If I go to Greenhill road I go to support MY team, whoever they play! I support St.Mirren no one or nothing else. And I wouldn’t be contributing to their cause as the home team keeps the gate receipts.

Luckily I am neither. For you sir,  the jury may still be out. 

Your delusional! And you are most certainly a condescending wanker. And the jury is out on what? Me being condescending or on low income? I have never written any patronising comments on here, so why would you say that? It’s the low income bit that got my goat. Fortunately I have a comfortable life style and decent income, but I know a lot of good Saints fans who are on low income and would love to buy into your idealistic dreamy schemes but can’t. But you use that to try and point score against a fellow supporter who isn’t a regular attender! What a prick sir!

28 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Your delusional! And are most certainly are a condescending wanker. And the jury is out on what? Me being condescending or on low income? I have never written any patronising comments on here, so why would you say that? It’s the low income bit that got my goat. Fortunately I have a comfortable life style and decent income, but I know a lot of good Saints fans who are on low income and would love to buy into your idealistic dreamy schemes but can’t. But you use that to try and point score against a fellow supporter who isn’t a regular attender! What a prick sir!

Have you looked at previous posts by F Man? 

If not then I suggest that you do and see my comment in context and read it in the spirit it was intended.