Genoa Bridge Disaster

TPAFKA Jersey 2

Holy shit! Horrible horrible thing and by coincidence a little bit close to "home" for me this week.

Don't get me wrong, I normally cannae stand the outpouring of "Oh my god, About 3 years ago, I was in a pub in (insert city name) about half a mile from that pub that got attacked last night etc etc. However,  I'm in Liguria at the moment and drove across that very bridge two days ago. Wee bit of a sobering thought.

Poor people though. Cannae even imagine the terror of that.

Even about 100k down the coast in Imperia, there's been sirens going all day. Not sure if related as I know reports are saying that hospitals are being used far and wide.

We were based in Genoa for the majority of Scotlands 1990 campaign.Stayed in a big car park down at the water for over a week in a Bedford Camper Van.

Made some good friends with locals and spent most nights in one of the many Genoa Supporters Clubs.When we were heading to Turin some of them asked to come along and there ended up 9 of us on the journey!!!5 of them came over here on holiday the following year and we gave them the Grand Tour of Scotland.

I'm off to my bed,I'll think of that trip as I drift off.

Edited by HSS

9 hours ago, HSS said:

We were based in Genoa for the majority of Scotlands 1990 campaign.Stayed in a big car park down at the water for over a week in a Bedford Camper Van.

Made some good friends with locals and spent most nights in one of the many Genoa Supporters Clubs.When we were heading to Turin some of them asked to come along and there ended up 9 of us on the journey!!!5 of them came over here on holiday the following year and we gave them the Grand Tour of Scotland.

I'm off to my bed,I'll think of that trip as I drift off.

Aye great town. We spent a couple of nights there when Scotland played Italy in Milan under Walter Smith. Lovely locals very friendly. No that Jimmy H would remember as both nights we spent there he was quite literally the drunkest man in the world.