Liam Smith

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Most of the players you mentioned have already played at Premiership level, with Magennis a guy who is universally highly rated by our support, and those outwith the club.

Had we gone into the new season with the squad we finished last season with, we'd have gone straight back down. Jack knew this, and had planned for extensive strengthening had he stayed. One of the signings being lambasted as non-league and not good enough for this level, is Kellermann - a Jack Ross signing.

I think we need to realise that we aren't doing badly this season. Still in the league cup, 3 points out of 6 so far in the league having played one of the ugly sisters - many are predicting our downfall based mainly on players they've barely seen playing, and a manager they're reluctant to give full backing to.

Early days - be positive!

Liam Smith seemed pretty highly thoughtnof last season I thought. 

My point is I do rate those players. I’m not sure how anyone can use the point that he’s signed for a championship club to categorically discount him playing at this level. Personally I was massively surprised Hearts let him go. 

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

When did Cammy Smith, Samson, McGinn and Magennis sign for Ayr?

Nonsense argument!

So you are completely discounting what Liam Smith did last year and only basing your assumption of him not being good enough on signing for Ayr? Cool 

3 hours ago, ScotstounSaint said:
3 hours ago, pod said:
You don't put players out and not monitor them.  How else would you know how they're progressing or not. 

Cause you're lazy, or don't have the resources.

Never be called lazy. But true, I don't have the resources. :wink: 

Edited by pod

53 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Liam Smith seemed pretty highly thoughtnof last season I thought. 

My point is I do rate those players. I’m not sure how anyone can use the point that he’s signed for a championship club to categorically discount him playing at this level. Personally I was massively surprised Hearts let him go. 

I didn't...

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

And you know better than all the managers of all the teams than are better than Ayr? Cool

No, irrelevant point. The consideration is would Smith add value to our squad. Given what he did last season, I don't think it's completely outside the realms of possibility that he wouldn't

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

No, irrelevant point. The consideration is would Smith add value to our squad. Given what he did last season, I don't think it's completely outside the realms of possibility that he wouldn't

The fact that no manager of any team  better than Ayr, including Alan Stubbs, thought that he could add value to their squad is completely relevant to the consideration of whether Smith would add value to our squad!

The fact that you don't think its outside the realms of possibility based on what he did last season is the irrelevant point!

5 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The post you were commenting against was his! :wacko:

5 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Why would anyone think that a guy who just signed for Ayr would improve our team?

Because of his performance for a Championship winning team last season. By that logic, why would you think Cammy Smith, Craig Samson, McGinn, Magennis, etc would be good enough? Nonsense argument. 

No it wasn't, he was responding to the above

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The fact that no manager of any team  better than Ayr, including Alan Stubbs, thought that he could add value to their squad is completely relevant to the consideration of whether Smith would add value to our squad!

The fact that you don't think its outside the realms of possibility based on what he did last season is the irrelevant point!

Is it? Maybe they just don't need a new right back, maybe Stubbs doesn't want a new right back based on budget constraints. Assumptions and happy to talk down a player that did very well for us last season. What a pity. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
  5 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Why would anyone think that a guy who just signed for Ayr would improve our team?

Because of his performance for a Championship winning team last season. By that logic, why would you think Cammy Smith, Craig Samson, McGinn, Magennis, etc would be good enough? Nonsense argument. 

No it wasn't, he was responding to the above

And you were responding to him! :wacko:

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Is it? Maybe they just don't need a new right back, maybe Stubbs doesn't want a new right back based on budget constraints. Assumptions and happy to talk down a player that did very well for us last season. What a pity. 

In other words, there were no managers who thought that he would add value to their squad! :wacko:

As for talking down a player, oh sorry, didn't realise that everyone either had to have the opinion that every player in last season's squad was good enough for this season or that if they didn't then they weren't allowed to express it! :wacko:

Its a pity that you are happy to talk down the current manager's recruitment!

Edited by Wendy Saintss

41 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

In other words, there were no managers who thought that he would add value to their squad! :wacko:

As for talking down a player, oh sorry, didn't realise that everyone either had to have the opinion that every player in last season's squad was good enough for this season or that if they didn't then they weren't allowed to express it! :wacko:

Its a pity that you are happy to talk down the current manager's recruitment!

You are of the opinion that there's no way he could ever add value to an SP squad this season based on him signing for Ayr. Typical Boo boy response to a player that had a great season for us last year. personally think that's very sad. 

3 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Image result for EMOJI ARROW POINTING UP TO TYPO

Oh, you missed a word out there Pod

:oops to lazy to check. :blink:

Cheers.  :thumbsup.  But only have the resource to fix my post. 

Edited by pod

You are of the opinion that there's no way he could ever add value to an SP squad this season based on him signing for Ayr. Typical Boo boy response to a player that had a great season for us last year. personally think that's very sad. 

It’s also the opinion of Alan Stubbs and every other SP manager.

Typical boo boy response to our current manager who has enjoyed a good start to the season. Personally think that’s very sad.

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

You were quoting my post... 

Wendy Saint

Me

You

Most of the players you mentioned have already played at Premiership level, with Magennis a guy who is universally highly rated by our support, and those outwith the club.

Had we gone into the new season with the squad we finished last season with, we'd have gone straight back down. Jack knew this, and had planned for extensive strengthening had he stayed. One of the signings being lambasted as non-league and not good enough for this level, is Kellermann - a Jack Ross signing.

I think we need to realise that we aren't doing badly this season. Still in the league cup, 3 points out of 6 so far in the league having played one of the ugly sisters - many are predicting our downfall based mainly on players they've barely seen playing, and a manager they're reluctant to give full backing to.

Early days - be positive!

Me

Liam Smith seemed pretty highly thought of last season I thought. 

I thought it was pretty clear it was a continuation and I was reiterating when I said 'my point' and the content directly linked to what Wendy Saint said... Guess not 

15 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

It’s also the opinion of Alan Stubbs and every other SP manager.

Typical boo boy response to our current manager who has enjoyed a good start to the season. Personally think that’s very sad.

How do you know? Yet again there is no evidence that they might not want to use budgets to strengthen that area. If Liam Smith became available in May do you know for a fact we wouldn't of taken him over McGinn? 

Not at all, I'm not judging either way, just not writing off a very good player for us from last season like yourself