Liam Smith

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Wendy Saint

Why would anyone think that a guy who just signed for Ayr would improve our team?

Me

Because of his performance for a Championship winning team last season. By that logic, why would you think Cammy Smith, Craig Samson, McGinn, Magennis, etc would be good enough? Nonsense argument.

You

Most of the players you mentioned have already played at Premiership level, with Magennis a guy who is universally highly rated by our support, and those outwith the club.

Had we gone into the new season with the squad we finished last season with, we'd have gone straight back down. Jack knew this, and had planned for extensive strengthening had he stayed. One of the signings being lambasted as non-league and not good enough for this level, is Kellermann - a Jack Ross signing.

I think we need to realise that we aren't doing badly this season. Still in the league cup, 3 points out of 6 so far in the league having played one of the ugly sisters - many are predicting our downfall based mainly on players they've barely seen playing, and a manager they're reluctant to give full backing to.

Early days - be positive!

Me

Liam Smith seemed pretty highly thought of last season I thought. 

My point is I do rate those players. I’m not sure how anyone can use the point that he’s signed for a championship club to categorically discount him playing at this level. Personally I was massively surprised Hearts let him go.

I thought it was pretty clear it was a continuation and I was reiterating when I said 'my point' and the content directly linked to what Wendy Saint said... Guess not 

You quoted me and made your point. If it was a continuation of your conversation with someone else, for future reference, best to quote them - otherwise it makes you look a bit silly.

15 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

It’s also the opinion of Alan Stubbs and every other SP manager.

Typical boo boy response to our current manager who has enjoyed a good start to the season. Personally think that’s very sad.

Are you suggesting that Bazil is ..... Anti Smfc..?  Arf...Arf...

the fact of the matter is even Ross didnt rate Smith for the prem, given instead if signing him when he was available he went directly for Paul McGinn..! Maybe Bazil thinks Ross has gotten it all wrong too?

14 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You quoted me and made your point. If it was a continuation of your conversation with someone else, for future reference, best to quote them - otherwise it makes you look a bit silly.

I would say thinking I was saying something that wasn't in the context of the message I was responding to  but is very clearly in the original engagement is even more silly.

Been a member here for several years (as have you) and I'm surprised you haven't grasped the concept of more than one message in a debate yet. If you want it explained to you in more simplistic terms please let me know... No promises but I'll try. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Are you suggesting that Bazil is ..... Anti Smfc..?  Arf...Arf...

the fact of the matter is even Ross didnt rate Smith for the prem, given instead if signing him when he was available he went directly for Paul McGinn..! Maybe Bazil thinks Ross has gotten it all wrong too?

Is that some word twisting again from LPM? Who'd of thought it?!

Wee bit more incorrect information. He wasn't available on a perm at that time, Craig Levin had said he wasn't because of an injury to another player in his position and he was holding off on his decision. 

Wendy Saint
Why would anyone think that a guy who just signed for Ayr would improve our team?
Me
Because of his performance for a Championship winning team last season. By that logic, why would you think Cammy Smith, Craig Samson, McGinn, Magennis, etc would be good enough? Nonsense argument.
You
Most of the players you mentioned have already played at Premiership level, with Magennis a guy who is universally highly rated by our support, and those outwith the club.
Had we gone into the new season with the squad we finished last season with, we'd have gone straight back down. Jack knew this, and had planned for extensive strengthening had he stayed. One of the signings being lambasted as non-league and not good enough for this level, is Kellermann - a Jack Ross signing.
I think we need to realise that we aren't doing badly this season. Still in the league cup, 3 points out of 6 so far in the league having played one of the ugly sisters - many are predicting our downfall based mainly on players they've barely seen playing, and a manager they're reluctant to give full backing to.
Me
Liam Smith seemed pretty highly thought of last season I thought. 
My point is I do rate those players. I’m not sure how anyone can use the point that he’s signed for a championship club to categorically discount him playing at this level. Personally I was massively surprised Hearts let him go.
I thought it was pretty clear it was a continuation and I was reiterating when I said 'my point' and the content directly linked to what Wendy Saint said... Guess not 

Can’t be arsed reading.

I’m guessing this is in relation to you quoting someone’s post and that your reply to him was actually to me?

[emoji23]

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I would say thinking I was saying something that wasn't in the context of the message I was responding to  but is very clearly in the original engagement is even more silly.

Been a member here for several years (as have you) and I'm surprised you haven't grasped the concept of more than one message in a debate yet. If you want it explained to you in more simplistic terms please let me know... No promises but I'll try. 

Jesus, if I went up to someone and started responding to an argument from someone else completely I'd look like a bellend. Coincidentally that's what you looked like, and your insistence on trying to constantly have the last word despite being clearly mistaken is really quite amusing. 

If you want to reply to someone, quote them, or at least reference who you're responding to, otherwise you come across like a weirdo shouting at passers by in the street...

:lol:

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Jesus, if I went up to someone and started responding to an argument from someone else completely I'd look like a bellend. Coincidentally that's what you looked like, and your insistence on trying to constantly have the last word despite being clearly mistaken is really quite amusing. 

If you want to reply to someone, quote them, or at least reference who you're responding to, otherwise you come across like a weirdo shouting at passers by in the street...

:lol:

Disagree, you'd think someone who's been on here so long would be able to grasp content from the topic they're responding on :rolleyes:

How do you know? Yet again there is no evidence that they might not want to use budgets to strengthen that area. If Liam Smith became available in May do you know for a fact we wouldn't of taken him over McGinn?  Not at all, I'm not judging either way, just not writing off a very good player for us from last season like yourself

How do I know that nobody better than Ayr signed him?

Well, er, cos he signed for Ayr! [emoji23]

It’s not me who has written him off. It’s Stubbs and every other manager of every team better than Ayr.

It’s a shame that you continue to criticise our manager for this decision.

Note that it also wasn’t my decision to write off Stelios, Reilly, Mackenzie, Eckersley, McShane and every other player that did well for us last season but whom Stubbs and / or Jack Ross wrote off!

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

How do I know that nobody better than Ayr signed him?

Well, er, cos he signed for Ayr! emoji23.png

It’s not me who has written him off. It’s Stubbs and every other manager of every team better than Ayr.

It’s a shame that you continue to criticise our manager for this decision.

Note that it also wasn’t my decision to write off Stelios, Reilly, Mackenzie, Eckersley, McShane and every other player that did well for us last season but whom Stubbs and Jack Ross wrote off!

No, how do you know that he wouldn't add value to an SP squad? Are you struggling with the concept that he only became available a couple weeks ago and the majority of squads will be close to completion right now? :blink:

Do you know for a fact if he was available in May, we or another SP team wouldn't of tried to sign him over other players? 

You twisting words doesn't create fact, are you aware of that? 

Ross wrote off Mac with a new one year contract did he? :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

And still he wants the last word despite being in the wrong... :withstupid

I've already said I thought it was a very simple concept. I was clearly wrong to overestimate you and Wendy Saints ability to grasp what I was saying. So of course, sorry I was wrong about that. Next time I'll know to give you both considerably less credit to understand simple posts. 

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

So, rather than quoting my post and replying to it, you decided to quite someone else’s in order to respond to me?

Aye, very clear! emoji1.png

He responded to me first on my response to you. Again, sorry for given both of you enough credit to get what I thought was a very simple concept. My mistake...

No, how do you know that he wouldn't add value to an SP squad? Are you struggling with the concept that he only became available a couple weeks ago and the majority of squads will be close to completion right now? default_blink.png

Do you know for a fact if he was available in May, we or another SP team wouldn't of tried to sign him over other players? 

You twisting words doesn't create fact, are you aware of that? 

Ross wrote off Mac with a new one year contract did he? default_rolleyes.gif

I know he wouldn’t add value cos none of them signed him.

We are short of cover at full back. We have been linked with a couple of full backs. Stubbs has said he wants 2 players for every position.

Smith was available now. Stubbs needs a full back now. He didn’t sign him.

What part of that don’t you get?

And it was Stubbs that told Mack that he can leave. As I said in my post!

You’re having a mare! [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I know he wouldn’t add value cos none of them signed him.

We are short of cover at full back. We have been linked with a couple of full backs. Stubbs has said he wants 2 players for every position.

Smith was available now. Stubbs needs a full back now. He didn’t sign him.

What part of that don’t you get?

And it was Stubbs that told Mack that he can leave. As I said in my post!

You’re having a mare! emoji23.png

still not getting it are you? He wasn't available to sign until a couple weeks ago when a number of squads will be close to complete. 

Maybe Smith isn't willing to be cover/ run the risk of not being first team. Again I'm making no opinion on who's better, you're commenting like you know for a fact he wouldn't of been wanted by SP clubs if he had been available all pre-season. 

See above

I get what you're saying perfectly, it's nonsense 

'last season but whom Stubbs and Jack Ross wrote off!' Was it aye? :rolleyes:

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

But your reply to him was actually to me?

Yeh, your mistake! emoji23.png

No my reply was to him not you, it was referencing my original point which he started commenting on. I was reiterating my lack of understanding at why you automatically think Smith isn't good enough.  

I thought that was very clear. I'll know next time to take into consideration both your struggle with simple concepts. 

Just for clarity, you respond to his posts by quoting me and I’ll respond to his posts by quoting you.

It’s all part of the same chain after all.

Simple concept! [emoji1]

45 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Give it up guys, shake hands and walk away. The internet is nearly full you know.

Look, it's clear that you were replying to someone else, just admit you made an arse of it and feel the pressure drop off you...

:ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Who would have thought that someone could have such a meltdown over Alan Stubbs not signing a full back who ended up at Ayr United! emoji1.png

Who? Again (now that I know your difficulties in understanding simple points) I'm not saying he should or shouldn't have. I' saying it isn't a categorical fact that proves Stubbs didn't want him, Ross didn't want him or he wouldn't be good enough for the SP.

8 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Look, it's clear that you were replying to someone else, just admit you made an arse of it and feel the pressure drop off you...

:ph34r:

On 8/15/2018 at 10:50 AM, Soctty said:

You

Me

Liam Smith seemed pretty highly thoughtnof last season I thought. 

_____

Is it though? If you kindly want to point me to where I have said 'You think him signing for a championship club to categorically discount him playing at this level.'

Like I say, I thought it was exceptionally simple to understand. I'll try and simplfy further to meet your needs in the future. I can categorically confirm, I was responding to your message correctly.