Liam Smith

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

Other than the fact that none of them signed him! emoji1.png

Is there someone that could explain this to you? You really seem to be struggling. Smith only became available a couple weeks ago, the season started a couple weeks ago, majority of teams will be close to having complete squads. That is not proof that if he was available at the start of the window, no SP club would sign him. :blink:

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

On and on and on and on...

:wacko:

And it can go on as long as you want, it won't miraculously change the fact that I responded to the correct person. The only thing I'm guilty here of is given you both too much credit to understand how basic comments on topics work and for that I fully apologise. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

And it can go on as long as you want, it won't miraculously change the fact that I responded to the correct person. The only thing I'm guilty here of is given you both too much credit to understand how basic comments on topics work and for that I fully apologise. 

Apology accepted. Try harder next time.

The matter is now closed.

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Thank you, glad we got to the bottom of the issue. 

I certainly will, no promises I'll be able to right enough, dumbing down to that level is going to be a challenge

You manage it with aplomb most of the time, so I'm sure you'll have no problems...

38 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
  On 8/15/2018 at 10:50 AM, Soctty said:

You

Most of the players you mentioned have already played at Premiership level, with Magennis a guy who is universally highly rated by our support, and those outwith the club.

Had we gone into the new season with the squad we finished last season with, we'd have gone straight back down. Jack knew this, and had planned for extensive strengthening had he stayed. One of the signings being lambasted as non-league and not good enough for this level, is Kellermann - a Jack Ross signing.

I think we need to realise that we aren't doing badly this season. Still in the league cup, 3 points out of 6 so far in the league having played one of the ugly sisters - many are predicting our downfall based mainly on players they've barely seen playing, and a manager they're reluctant to give full backing to.

Early days - be positive!

Me

Liam Smith seemed pretty highly thoughtnof last season I thought

My point is I do rate those players. I’m not sure how anyone can use the point that he’s signed for a championship club to categorically discount him playing at this level. Personally I was massively surprised Hearts let him go. 

_____

Is it though? If you kindly want to point me to where I have said 'You think him signing for a championship club to categorically discount him playing at this level.'

Like I say, I thought it was exceptionally simple to understand. I'll try and simplfy further to meet your needs in the future. I can categorically confirm, I was responding to your message correctly. 

Well he must have been last season by his fellow pro's as they voted him into the Championship PFA team of the season!

FWIW I liked him and I'm sure he could and would have done a job for us this season.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ross decided he needed a more robust player, signed P McGinn, and let Smith go back to his club, made no attempt to sign him for us or Sunderland even though Smith was available! Its got nothing to do with Stubbzo who Ross offloaded, and vice versa.

He wasn’t available, levein said he wasn’t making a decision until he understood the injury situation of another player. Only became available on a free when the story broke couple weeks back. 

Edited by bazil85

Prior to the season ending JR enquiried about Liam at that time comparisons were made with Morgie ( u21 international etc) and Hearts wanted a fee in excess of £100k which Saints didn’t have, a sell on was offered but turned down by Hearts at that time. Saints then went for McGinn on a free. When it was apparent that he was not going to get an opportunity at Hearts he asked to get away but injuries etc stalled that and clubs had established their squads and budgets and Stubbs had his own ideas. 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, bazil85 said:

Is there someone that could explain this to you? You really seem to be struggling. Smith only became available a couple weeks ago, the season started a couple weeks ago, majority of teams will be close to having complete squads. That is not proof that if he was available at the start of the window, no SP club would sign him. :blink:

St. Mirren still need a full back. Alan Stubbs isn't interested in him. I'll take his opinion that he isn't good enough over yours! That's proof enough for me!

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

St. Mirren still need a full back. Alan Stubbs isn't interested in him. I'll take his opinion that he isn't good enough over yours! That's proof enough for me!

Smith could easily of said he isn't willing to go somewhere that can't guarantee he'll play, he might not want to risk unsettling McGinn with someone that could shift him to a back-up player. Unless you know for a fact he didn't want him you're only speculating, same as the rest of us. 

So no proof is proof enough for you? Given some of your other barmy posts, why doesn't that surprise me? :rolleyes: