Liam Smith

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Smith could easily of said he isn't willing to go somewhere that can't guarantee he'll play, he might not want to risk unsettling McGinn with someone that could shift him to a back-up player. Unless you know for a fact he didn't want him you're only speculating, same as the rest of us. 

So no proof is proof enough for you? Given some of your other barmy posts, why doesn't that surprise me? :rolleyes:

Do you have any proof that we didn't attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo either or that he didn't want to play for us? Given some of your other barmy posts, why doesn't that surprise me? :wacko:

Edited by Wendy Saintss

6 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Do you have any proof that we didn't attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo either or that he didn't want to play for us? Given some of your other barmy posts, why doesn't that surprise me? :wacko:

No, that's common sense. Not sure you'd be aware what that is right enough. It is completely feesable that if Smith was available at the start of the window we would of been interested. It is also completely feesable that Smith wanted first team football and we couldn't gurantee it and that was why he chose Ayr. 

To clarify, I'm not saying that 100% did happen but you seem to be saying it is unquestionable fact that we didn't want Smith and wouldn't of wanted him at any point this summer. That's simply rubbish... Unless of course you want to provide proof of your claim?

(queue the' but but but we didn't sign him but but but we still need a right back' points that completely ignore what I've just said :rolleyes:)

No, that's common sense. Not sure you'd be aware what that is right enough. It is completely feesable that if Smith was available at the start of the window we would of been interested. It is also completely feesable that Smith wanted first team football and we couldn't gurantee it and that was why he chose Ayr. 
To clarify, I'm not saying that 100% did happen but you seem to be saying it is unquestionable fact that we didn't want Smith and wouldn't of wanted him at any point this summer. That's simply rubbish... Unless of course you want to provide proof of your claim?
(queue the' but but but we didn't sign him but but but we still need a right back' points that completely ignore what I've just said :rolleyes:)

You seriously need to get over the fact that no one better than Ayr deemed Smith good enough, including Alan Stubbs.

It’s clearly affecting your health! [emoji23]

Feck me guys. Maybe you should give it a rest and call it a draw. I hope Liam does well and I think he has the ability to do so but, at the end of the day, the matters closed. He's got his move. He's in the past. I'm sure you will get the chance to debate on other topics again. IF you're trying to, don't use one topic in an attempt to reach Shull's tally. If you get close he'll just reply to himself a thousand times.

Edited by stlucifer

On 8/16/2018 at 11:42 AM, Soctty said:

f**k me he's a bore. Makes me think oaky isn't all that bad - at least he can follow the thread of a conversation and doesn't care if he has the last word. This is torture - and I haven't even read that last car crash of a post of his...

For the avoidance of all doubt. the Oakster thinks both you and Wendy are welcome to each other. Dont bring me into your nonsense -even as a comparison.

5 minutes in the company of either of you would drive a man to drink.

That drink would be neat turpentine.

Edited by oaksoft

44 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Feck me guys. Maybe you should give it a rest and call it a draw. I hope Liam does well and I think he has the ability to do so but, at the end of the day, the matters closed. He's got his move. He's in the past. I'm sure you will get the chance to debate on other topics again. IF you're trying to, don't use one topic in an attempt to reach Shull's tally. If you get close he'll just reply to himself a thousand times.

Dig Dig Dig 

Obsessed 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

For the avoidance of all doubt. the Oakster thinks both you and Wendy are welcome to each other. Dont bring me into your nonsense -even as a comparison.

:rolleyes:

On 8/18/2018 at 9:33 AM, oaksoft said:

I reserve the right to completely change my previously stated opinion... 

^_^

On 8/18/2018 at 9:06 AM, Wendy Saintss said:

So if I didn’t say anything either way, what exactly is your issue? emoji23.pngdefault_1eye.gif

You quoted scotty’s point of view then responded to it. No amount of backtracking or pedantry changes that.

Your original point was a guy signing for Ayr wouldn’t improve our team. My original point was That’s not a basis for saying he wouldn’t. 

Again i correctly quoted the right post. It’s been very clearly established the chain I was responding to in the post you didn’t bother to read.

I have however already put my hands up that I incorrectly assumed you’d have the ability to understand such a basic premise... my bad. 

On 8/18/2018 at 9:07 AM, Wendy Saintss said:

You seriously need to get over the fact that no one better than Ayr deemed Smith good enough, including Alan Stubbs.

It’s clearly affecting your health! emoji23.png

And if you’re going to continually come back to this as your defence, you have to familiarise yourself with fact that clubs usually like to have their squads close to complete by the time a season starts. :rolleyes:

Your original point was a guy signing for Ayr wouldn’t improve our team. My original point was That’s not a basis for saying he wouldn’t. 
Again i correctly quoted the right post. It’s been very clearly established the chain I was responding to in the post you didn’t bother to read.
I have however already put my hands up that I incorrectly assumed you’d have the ability to understand such a basic premise... my bad. 

It’s been very clearly established that you are claiming that you replied to me whilst quoting someone else.

Just admit you made an arse of it. It’ll help you get over your meltdown about Liam Smith not being good enough for anyone better than Ayr

Including St. Mirren!

[emoji23]

4 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Sorry, didn’t realise the club you support was attempting to sign Lee Hodson

:1eye

Maybe he’s more comfortable with a fight for his position or likely coming in as back-up. Again until you can show actual proof that we didn’t want Smith or wouldn’t have wanted him had he been available earlier, you’re just speculating like the rest of us. 

4 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

It’s been very clearly established that you are claiming that you replied to me whilst quoting someone else.

Just admit you made an arse of it. It’ll help you get over your meltdown about Liam Smith not being good enough for anyone better than Ayr

Including St. Mirren!

emoji23.png

I’ve explained in spectacularly simple terms what the message was, if you can’t understand now even with looking back I can’t be any more straight forward, it’s just not possible. 

It’s still just your speculation about Liam Smith I’m afraid. No matter how many times you want to go back to it, it doesn’t change the fact you don’t know. :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

Thought he was excellent for us and think if we would’ve signed him for the Championship. Not sure he was ready for the top flight defensively wise, but he just turned 23 a couple of days ago, so you would expect him to continue to improve and possibly go on to bigger things. Always liked his attitude and it would’ve been interesting to see how he would’ve got on if we had signed him. He reminds me a bit of Andy Robertson, but don’t think he’ll reach those heights, but good player.

Bloody hell...One post back...

Eight months back and Baz is not only arguing...

But claiming his original point was different!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You couldn't make it up.

Baz could though!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Classics baz making a right arse of himself! [emoji23]

He was all over the place with this one!

His best one was quoting someone completely different and attempting to pin the comments on me! [emoji1]

So here we are 12 months later, I await baz castigating Oran Kearney and all the other Premiership managers for not signing Smith up on a pre contract.

He told us that the only reason he ended up with Ayr last season is cos he was freed at the end of the window!

Let’s see him squirm, backtrack and try to justify himself now! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

default_1eye.gif