Alfie Jones

RossCSmfc

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

One does worry about the way football is going when we seem to be building a team of "borrowed" players.

The Loan Saints !  Agree there a lot of Scottish players around with out clubs though as fans do we care as long as we see a wining team ? Liam Smith had a good future in my eyes now he is at Ayr surprised at that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jones leaving would clear out the last of the loanees if it seems that Hodson and Edwards have a part to play and suggestions are that Willock may stay.  

That just leaves us Kpekawa, King, Cooke and possibly Heaton to try and move on. 

I still have a bit of blind hope that there could be a player to be developed in Heaton. 

1 minute ago, Maboza said:

Jones leaving would clear out the last of the loanees if it seems that Hodson and Edwards have a part to play and suggestions are that Willock may stay.  

That just leaves us Kpekawa, King, Cooke and possibly Heaton to try and move on. 

I still have a bit of blind hope that there could be a player to be developed in Heaton. 

I think Heaton has to be kept on and developed  considering we have invested so much in him.

If he is not ready to compete for first team, we need to loan him out to a decent level. 

I am unsure the status of the other three, whether they are unfit, injured or just not deemed good enough. Kpekawa certainly looked okay when he first arrived though fell away and looked unfit. Cooke hasn't had a sniff and King barely had time to show if he has what it takes.

3 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

I think Heaton has to be kept on and developed  considering we have invested so much in him.

If he is not ready to compete for first team, we need to loan him out to a decent level. 

I am unsure the status of the other three, whether they are unfit, injured or just not deemed good enough. Kpekawa certainly looked okay when he first arrived though fell away and looked unfit. Cooke hasn't had a sniff and King barely had time to show if he has what it takes.

We seem to have been playing bounce games.  Perhaps to get people  match fit or maybe to have a look at some people.

Still Looking to Cull the Squad

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/st-mirren/news/st-mirren-boss-kearney-still-keen-to-cut-bloated-squad_338907.html

Edited by St.Ricky

18 hours ago, Ethan said:

Apparently Kepkawa was to be given a full pre season again to get him fit. Heaton is warming the bench but I hear there is a player in there. I would loan him to Alloa for the rest of the season. Cooke and King can move on. 

Kpekawa fetched a transfer fee of £500k only a couple of years ago.  Still a lot of money to pay down south, with potential obviously seen. Possibly just needs the right gaffer and coaches to get him in the right shape.

Heaton was been monitored by English championship teams prior to coming to us and I am sure Heaton said there was genuine interest though he jumped at the chance to come up here to get first team football. 

Get these two guys match fit and it could actually work out that they give us really good options at the back.

Edited by kevo_smfc

10 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Kpekawa fetched a transfer fee of £500k only a couple of years ago.  Still a lot of money to pay down south, with potential obviously seen. Possibly just needs the right gaffer and coaches to get him in the right shape.

Heaton was been monitored by English championship teams prior to coming to us and I am sure Heaton said there was genuine interest though he jumped at the chance to come up here to get first team football. 

Get these two guys match fit and it could actually work out that they give us really good options at the back.

And the right Dietician. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

And the right Dietician. :rolleyes:

I do wonder if he demonstrably fails to reach an acceptable level of fitness we can come to a more affordable financial agreement to release him.  He'd been with us for much of pre-season so why would we expect him not to have a decent level of fitness to start at least the league season?

I do wonder if he demonstrably fails to reach an acceptable level of fitness we can come to a more affordable financial agreement to release him.  He'd been with us for much of pre-season so why would we expect him not to have a decent level of fitness to start at least the league season?

Maybe I’m getting it wrong , perhaps he suffers from that well known optical illusion where he isn’t heavy, just big boned [emoji848] or yardley syndrome as I believe it’s called [emoji57]