Welcome Alfie Jones

On 8/16/2018 at 12:19 AM, Dan Is The Man said:

It’s not just Sunday though, is it? This time last year he was giving away penalties and getting sent off when we got thumped at Cappielow. He’s made more than a few costly mistakes.

The fact is he made his first team debut the same season as Morgan and Mallan, those lads as you know have gotten big moves away from the club. He hasn’t developed the way we thought he would and we should just accept that, he wasn’t first choice last year and won’t be this year when our squad is eventually assembled.

Morton 4-1 game, Livi 4-1 game. Dropped after both of those and came back stronger. Can't remember too many games where Baird has made big errors although I'm sure someone will know better. 

The boy has a fighting quality about him which pushes him to keep going after big mistakes. Whether he's good enough for this level won't be judged over 2 league games though. 

Can't see any chance of McGinn being dropped. 

He's the only one in the team offering any sort of leadership.  

This is why McGinn won't be dropped. Without him we would be completely rudderless. We need our more experienced players to help him out on the park by speaking to the less experienced players and encouraging them throughout the game.

10 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

But we're not asking these guys to make the leap from non league football to being a Championship winner and international. We're asking them to take the "leap" to playing in Scotland!

A third tier English side just beat us 6-0 on our own ground the other week. Its not the massive leap you are making out. Aberdeen's main striker this season was playing 6th tier English football 2 years ago and 5th tier last season.

As for onfield ability, its onfield ability tat gets you into the v9 academy in the first place. They don't just let in anyone and everyone. Its nothing like BGT.

The first player to get a pro contract from v9 was 27 year old Danny Newton who scored 14 goals in League 2 last season, and he'd never played league football in his career.

As for paying money, Hamilton paid an 'undisclosed fee' for Alex Penny from Peterborough (who he had joined for a fee after being at v9 the season before) and again for Mickel Miller from Carshalton (who were in the 8th tier of English football). I'm relaxed with paying £75k for a player on a 3 year deal. We've wasted that sort of money on just wages for a single player  for a season on countless occasions.

Glad to see you realize that not all signings repay the outlay - it's just a matter of time till you realize I'm right about these two Showbiz Stars.

I'm not bothered  about other players at other clubs - just the ones at ours.

Cook (2 year deal) I'm not too worried about - Heaton is the one I feel was an unwarranted risk for a club of our size.

Cook seems well down the pecking order and if Heaton doesn't start to-morrow you'd have to wonder when his time will come.

Time will tell.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Glad to see you realize that not all signings repay the outlay - it's just a matter of time till you realize I'm right about these two Showbiz Stars.
I'm not bothered  about other players at other clubs - just the ones at ours.
Cook (2 year deal) I'm not too worried about - Heaton is the one I feel was an unwarranted risk for a club of our size.
Cook seems well down the pecking order and if Heaton doesn't start to-morrow you'd have to wonder when his time will come.
Time will tell.

The reason you are suddenly not interested to n players at other clubs is because it shows that your point was incorrect.

And the reason you use the meaningless and irrelevant ‘showbiz stars’ term is because you are struggling to know why you have an issue with the signings.

I’ll tell you what your issue is though. It’s ‘pozbaird / drew syndrome’ you don’t like us signing players from the UK that you personally haven’t heard of! [emoji12]

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I think that might be right.

Don’t remember btb having such a meltdown when JR signed his ‘showbiz trio’ of Todd, Kirkpatrick and Stewart or even Daryl Duffy FFS.

Maybe we should only ever have 11 players at the club from now on, seeing as how anyone who isn't an automatic starter every week is now a waste of money and not needed?

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:45 AM, Wendy Saintss said:

The reason you are suddenly not interested to n players at other clubs is because it shows that your point was incorrect.

And the reason you use the meaningless and irrelevant ‘showbiz stars’ term is because you are struggling to know why you have an issue with the signings.

I’ll tell you what your issue is though. It’s ‘pozbaird / drew syndrome’ you don’t like us signing players from the UK that you personally haven’t heard of! emoji12.png

What's right for other clubs ain't necessarily right for ours.

It's nothing to do with being unfamiliar with our  Showbiz Stars prior to their arrival, it's their pedigree I don't rate.

I read elsewhere in the forum that we've made 10 signings since the end of last season.

Out of the 10 I'd heard of 1 (Paul McGinn) prior to signing for us.

Out of the remaining 9 I've criticized 2, the V9 signings, because of the players lack of pedigree and Heaton in particular because of the length of the contract and size of the fee involved. 

Another week without our record post-Bosman signing appearing, he now seems to below Jones in the pecking order! :toilet 

Not for the first time your desire to seem edgy and ITK has backfired - I look forward to you slinking away and reappearing with a new username in a few months! :byebye

Edited by Bud the Baker

• 1 month later...
Doesn't seem to be "highly rated" by OK! :whistle

Lucky for him it’s guys that are at Southampton that are better to judge that than someone that’s known him for 2 weeks.

Not been impressed with him either myself from short spells I’ve seen him seems another wasted signing from Stubbs.

Worth noting though St Mirren’s highly rated youngster Stevie Mallan wasn’t highly rated when he went to Barnsley look at him now with hibs.

6 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Lucky for him it’s guys that are at Southampton that are better to judge that than someone that’s known him for 2 weeks.

Not been impressed with him either myself from short spells I’ve seen him seems another wasted signing from Stubbs.

Worth noting though St Mirren’s highly rated youngster Stevie Mallan wasn’t highly rated when he went to Barnsley look at him now with hibs.

Proves my point that the phrase is essentially meaningless!

8 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Was I how?

By quoting it as if it was some kind of coup signing the player when really it was just a bit of fluff about a 20-y-o with no first team experience.

Edit - Heres what you said 

Sounds like a very good signing highly rated from one of the best academy’s in England.

Edited by Bud the Baker

By quoting it as if it was some kind of coup signing the player when really it was just a bit of fluff about a 20-y-o with no first team experience.

“Sounds like a very good signing highly rated from one of the best academy’s in England.”

That’s what I said what’s really wrong with that?

Your gripe seems a bit of fluff.

Just now, buddies1877 said:

“Sounds like a very good signing highly rated from one of the best academy’s in England.”

That’s what I said what’s really wrong with that?

Your gripe seems a bit of fluff.

Nothing wrong with what you said, it was just naïve.

Im trying to help you learn, so you don't fall for it next time. 

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Only thing I’ve learned is you seem a bit of a fud tbh

buddies1877 has taken IOBS comedy gold crown. Spent July and August raving about Stubbs and his highly rated signings (along with Wendy Saints) before calling for Stubbs to go and saying his 'highly rated' signings were in fact examples of poor recruitment which cost his erstwhile hero his job in super-quick time, and then still lampoons forum members who were correct all along.

buddies1877 hasn't been wrong all season.