Welcome Alfie Jones

buddies1877 has taken IOBS comedy gold crown. Spent July and August raving about Stubbs and his highly rated signings (along with Wendy Saints) before calling for Stubbs to go and saying his 'highly rated' signings were in fact examples of poor recruitment which cost his erstwhile hero his job in super-quick time, and then still lampoons forum members who were correct all along. buddies1877 hasn't been wrong all season.

Ehh raving about Stubbs?

Show me 1 post where I raved about him or any signings?

I was willing to give him till the end of the transfer window to at least sort our problems but failed miserably in fact I didn’t even give him that time before I wanted him gone as it was clear he lost the dressing room and he wanted cammy smith gone to replace him with Kenny miller was a sacking offence on its own imo.

buddies1877 has taken IOBS comedy gold crown. Spent July and August raving about Stubbs and his highly rated signings (along with Wendy Saints) before calling for Stubbs to go and saying his 'highly rated' signings were in fact examples of poor recruitment which cost his erstwhile hero his job in super-quick time, and then still lampoons forum members who were correct all along.
buddies1877 hasn't been wrong all season.

Still waiting.....

Perhaps someone can help this clown out think he maybe struggling a bit.

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Still waiting.....

Perhaps someone can help this clown out think he maybe struggling a bit.

Grand. I have no intention of going through hundreds of your posts from the Stubbs era. I don't think I am alone in remembering you as one of the leading forum members attacking anyone questioning the recruitment methods pursued by Stubbs and quality of his signings, or the way you referred to forum members who disagreed with your assessment of the situation.

Grand. I have no intention of going through hundreds of your posts from the Stubbs era. I don't think I am alone in remembering you as one of the leading forum members attacking anyone questioning the recruitment methods pursued by Stubbs and quality of his signings, or the way you referred to forum members who disagreed with your assessment of the situation.

Complete bullshit

You’ve jumped on this about me saying “sounds like a good singing” I had never seen the guy play so there was no raving about him although he’s only played 2 games alongside kpekawa where other than killie game he’s been a bomb scare.

I had the view I was willing to give stubbs time to get a squad together before making my mind up which he failed miserably.

Your not searching because you will find f**k all to back up your claims.

Now go crawl back under that rock you came from 🤡🤡

From what i’ve seen of him he looked like a player that could just about cope at this level whilst not being quite the finished article, unfortunately he’s around Baird’s age and played way less games at a decent level.
We need experience in the team and in the squad and in reality currently it is a squad place that could be taken up by somebody in an area of the park we’re not so overloaded with mediocrity in.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Complete bullshit

You’ve jumped on this about me saying “sounds like a good singing” I had never seen the guy play so there was no raving about him although he’s only played 2 games alongside kpekawa where other than killie game he’s been a bomb scare.

I had the view I was willing to give stubbs time to get a squad together before making my mind up which he failed miserably.

Your not searching because you will find f**k all to back up your claims.

Now go crawl back under that rock you came from

So you deny personally abusing people who questioned Stubbs recruitment 'policy' or the quality of his signings?

So you deny personally abusing people who questioned Stubbs recruitment 'policy' or the quality of his signings?

Oh so now it’s his signing “policy” care to enlighten me as to what Alan Stubbs signing “policy” was since you must be clearly one of those itk people?

If your meaning the few extra loan deals we have compared to permanent signings then yes 100% means zero f**king difference who would you rather have Cody Cooke or Greg Stewart wasted too much on players not good enough and was unable to afford any decent quality we ended up with brock who’s been shocking.

Or do you mean the fact he said to eck and Mackenzie to go find new clubs? Again yes because what good are two injury prone players to us on the treatment table but again that’s then upto the manager to 1 not lose the fans and dressing room by doing so and replacing them with players better or just as good he done neither.

5 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

He seems to have selective memory on this one.

One thing is backing the manager, another is throwing abuse at everyone on here who was raising very real concerns about Stubbs woeful signings, lack of man management, and bizzare tactics.

4 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Oh so now it’s his signing “policy” care to enlighten me as to what Alan Stubbs signing “policy” was since you must be clearly one of those itk people?

If your meaning the few extra loan deals we have compared to permanent signings then yes 100% means zero f**king difference who would you rather have Cody Cooke or Greg Stewart wasted too much on players not good enough and was unable to afford any decent quality we ended up with brock who’s been shocking.

Or do you mean the fact he said to eck and Mackenzie to go find new clubs? Again yes because what good are two injury prone players to us on the treatment table but again that’s then upto the manager to 1 not lose the fans and dressing room by doing so and replacing them with players better or just as good he done neither.

Just answer the question. Do you deny personally abusing other fans who took a different view on Stubbs time in charge, especially his recruitment policy, prior to arriving at the same conclusions others reached a month or so earlier? That is all.

Just answer the question. Do you deny personally abusing other fans who took a different view on Stubbs time in charge, especially his recruitment policy, prior to arriving at the same conclusions others reached a month or so earlier? That is all.

Absolute only points I argued were the points mentioned in previous post at no point have I ever said Stubbs was the right man for the job or argue with anyone that he was.

Now why don’t you just show some facts to back up your claims

58 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

My guess (wrongly) was that no one would think that I was advocating that we sign poor players at Centre back (or anywhere else) 

Where did I saw that you were advocating that we sign poor players at centre back?

Given the choice between 2 centre backs, I'd go for the best player, regardless of experience.

26 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Where did I saw that you were advocating that we sign poor players at centre back?

Given the choice between 2 centre backs, I'd go for the best player, regardless of experience.

We're you to be able to choose only one to complement our squad (pre Ferdinand) would you have gone then for another 21 or 22 year old with few top level games or an older player with equal ability who has played more top level games? In our case with the players we already have then I would go for the latter on our budget. Had we 6M to spend then the Aberdeen lad might have tempted me despite his relative inexperience. 

23 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Spent July and August raving about Stubbs and his highly rated signings (along with Wendy Saints) before calling for Stubbs to go and saying his 'highly rated' signings were in fact examples of poor recruitment which cost his erstwhile hero his job in super-quick time, and then still lampoons forum members who were correct all along.

I didn't "rave" about any signings at all!

23 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Ehh raving about Stubbs?

Show me 1 post where I raved about him or any signings?

He appears to be making it up as he goes along!

My memory of the summer was certain posters, like this one, calling out every signing as rubbish despite never having seen then in action, not wanting loan signings, non league signings, singings they'd never heard of, etc and abusing anyone who was wanted to see them in action to make up their own minds!