Hearts away. 01/09

guinness

Will be interesting to see if Cammy Smith returns to the starting line-up today. 

I'm hoping we can try and take the game to them. There's really no point and going there and sitting in , cause the inevitable will happen. 

With one victory in our last 12 visits to Tynecastle it's going to be a difficult afternoon,  but you always a chance. 

COYS.

I hope we don't take the game to them. We couldn't get one shot on target at Home last week against arguably the weakest opponent in the League that we finished 12 points above last season. Now we play top of the League away. 4-6-0 for me and keep the score down to 5.

Just now, Sonny said:

I hope we don't take the game to them. We couldn't get one shot on target at Home last week against arguably the weakest opponent in the League that we finished 12 points above last season. Now we play top of the League away. 4-6-0 for me and keep the score down to 5.

I'm not going through there today to watch us park the bus. No thanks.

I'll leave those tactics to Levein. 

Big test for our back four today and with all the criticism the team have had over last week’s performance I’d like to think that pride will kick in and they will come out fighting and at least show some dig and effort - that should be a given every week.

Apart from the Kilmarnock game lets face it we have been rubbish and currently look to be a worse side than the one that won the championship last season. About six of last season’s first team are still there and the goals lost so far have been mainly from our defence not being good enough to cope with the step up.  Emphasises the need for a really strong back four in this league which we haven’t had - all heresay really but any combo of Harry Davies/Gary Mac/Baird  plus Smith, Eckersley and Stellios  looks better than we currently have.

Be typical of St Mirren to pull out a result today when no one expects it ......... its the hope that kills you lol !

Edited by Dare

We’ve been saying for weeks that we need to defend set pieces better. Hopefully the coaching staff have been working hard on this all week, as it has been shocking so far. You would think that it should be easy to fix.

Unfortunately Hearts have goals from all over the pitch and it’s hard to see anything other than a heavy defeat today.

We can only hope that Hearts turn up thinking they’ve won before they’ve kicked a ball and now the window is shut, Stubbs can galvanise his squad as players know they’re here until at least after Christmas. It seems that he has players that know he doesn’t fancy them, which doesn’t bode well.

Heart says a hard fought draw with Cammy getting man of the match and us defending for our lives all over the park. Head says Hearts -quite a few, us- no shot on target.

Hopefully we can pull off a wee shock when we least expect it; it’s the St Mirren way.

57 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Very sad but I agree this game and Friday could really knock the stuffing out of us. 

13 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

We’ve been saying for weeks that we need to defend set pieces better. Hopefully the coaching staff have been working hard on this all week, as it has been shocking so far. You would think that it should be easy to fix.

Unfortunately Hearts have goals from all over the pitch and it’s hard to see anything other than a heavy defeat today.

We can only hope that Hearts turn up thinking they’ve won before they’ve kicked a ball and now the window is shut, Stubbs can galvanise his squad as players know they’re here until at least after Christmas. It seems that he has players that know he doesn’t fancy them, which doesn’t bode well.

Heart says a hard fought draw with Cammy getting man of the match and us defending for our lives all over the park. Head says Hearts -quite a few, us- no shot on target.

Hopefully we can pull off a wee shock when we least expect it; it’s the St Mirren way.

It's really basic stuff you have to want the ball a hunger to get to it first. We all know that , the players know that it's not a big ask. 

Like to think we've been practicing defending set pieces but training against our own players whose delivery of same has been at best disappointing might make our defence seem adequate but against good delivery I have my doubts but we all live in hope of a much needed boost come 5pm. Coys

Today is a little bit easier than normal travelling wise and thinking I had a few minutes to waste before leaving I had a look at some thread on here about mascot racing. Got engrossed replied and realised almost too late the train was due. Fecking ran like Sammy Doonhamer And just caught the train.

Apologies if you're sitting next to me today, bit sweaty.

Looking forward to my first pint with my Buds at Haymarket.

If the team put in the same effort today as I did running for that train. We'll be fine.

COYS

15 hours ago, Hendo said:

Hopefully Stubbs ditches this ridiculous diamond formation in a midfield and goes for a 4-4-1-1 which will at least offer protection to the full-backs.

If I was Hearts I'd play Ikpeazu on the left wing and play long diagonals to him all day. The logic of signing a midget at right back may be exposed tomorrow. Hopefully still in the game by half-time.

We won't be in the game after ten minutes never mind halftime.