Hearts away. 01/09

guinness

What's your answer

This almost seems pointless now but here we go.....

The team that won the Championship last season was somewhat short of what was required to compete week in week out in the top division. Then you take out two of the key players in Morgan and Davis before you start recruiting. So, common sense would suggest to even stand still we need to recruit an experienced centre back and pace in the wide areas. Just to stand still. As yet we haven’t managed to do that.

Then we need some of last year’s mainstays to be replaced with a bit more experience/quality, moving them to be squad players. As yet we haven’t managed to do that.

I always thought we needed, at least, 5 better players to come in who would start and complement what we already had. We recruited a load of inexperienced guys who’ve collectively been a bit of a shambles.

So, the answer is that we still need a hatful of players to be competitive. A free agent striker will not solve our current problems.

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

The team that won the Championship last season was somewhat short of what was required to compete week in week out in the top division. Then you take out two of the key players in Morgan and Davis before you start recruiting. So, common sense would suggest to even stand still we need to recruit an experienced centre back and pace in the wide areas. Just to stand still. As yet we haven’t managed to do that.

Then we need some of last year’s mainstays to be replaced with a bit more experience/quality, moving them to be squad players. As yet we haven’t managed to do that.

I always thought we needed, at least, 5 better players to come in who would start and complement what we already had. We recruited a load of inexperienced guys who’ve collectively been a bit of a shambles.

So, the answer is that we still need a hatful of players to be competitive. A free agent striker will not solve our current problems.

Decent post. 

Stubbs said on Wednesday or Thursday to get more players in some would need to move on.

No one moved on so no free agents will be coming in either.

He’s f**ked up the recruitment big time.

I Was wanting to give him at least till the end of the transfer window to sort our problems out but he just made them worse by telling key members they aren’t wanted in a bid to try get Kenny miller in.

46 minutes ago, DLBud said:

A striker you say? This is quite possibly the worst Saints defence in a generation. Every time any team comes forward they look like they’ll score and you think a free transfer striker will fix things?

Last time we got promoted we came up with the likes of Broadfoot, McGowne, Millen and van Zanten in defence. We are so far off that quality right now, no wonder we are getting spanked at the back.

You may well be a mistake? But I couldn't possibly comment

Usual deflection. You call out people for not being able to forget Jack yet you, ironically, are the guy who brings him up over and over again.

When you get called out for it you resort to your usual nonsensical, rambling, pish.

Don’t bother responding. I genuinely don’t give a f**k.

8 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Well we knew we needed a hatful of players before midnight yesterday what did we get another midfield player who was unavailable for today and at least another three games this season.Stubbs just go now please and get out of our beloved club.

You're really making a point that we, and plenty other teams,shouldn't take a player on loan from another premier team because they can't play against the parent club? :lol:

That's a bit pish IMO :byebye

Stubbs said on Wednesday or Thursday to get more players in some would need to move on.

No one moved on so no free agents will be coming in either.

He’s f**ked up the recruitment big time.

I Was wanting to give him at least till the end of the transfer window to sort our problems out but he just made them worse by telling key members they aren’t wanted in a bid to try get Kenny miller in.

I’m not ITK so doubt I’ll every really understand just what has gone on behind the scenes to take us from where we were at the end of last season until now.

The only thing we couldn’t control was Jack leaving. Every other wound has been self inflicted. Every single one.

20 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I’m not ITK so doubt I’ll every really understand just what has gone on behind the scenes to take us from where we were at the end of last season until now.

The only thing we couldn’t control was Jack leaving. Every other wound has been self inflicted. Every single one.

Nearly right but it's worth remembering we would be down Lewis Morgan and Harry Davis too, both of those out of our control. These were known facts before appointing a new manager so they should have been noticed as major gaps to fill, which hasn't happened.

Watching the game today it was clear that Hearts had far better players,  Naismith in particular looked the best player on the park by a mile but for us the deficiencies were obvious. Coulson continues to get caught out of position and our midfield got over run. McGinn in particular looks out of sorts. I also noticed Jackson grabbing Smith after the warm up and it looked quite physical. 

From the stands it doesn't look a very happy team.

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Well we knew we needed a hatful of players before midnight yesterday what did we get another midfield player who was unavailable for today and at least another three games this season.Stubbs just go now please and get out of our beloved club.

I think we are only going to play Hearts twice more in the league this season.

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Its not like teams are cutting us  open? Hearts had 30 shots at our goal today and about 65% possession.

And 7 on target, no very good at shooting are they? :lol:

That means 23 were wide of the target, we had 10 shots at their goal with 4 on target.

Just for some parity, something that you should try more often with your stats. 

Not long back in from that today. Once again another absolutely hopeless performance today. Going forward we were a bit better than we were last week (which tbf is not a difficult task) and did create a few chances but defensively once again we were shambolic. Kpekawa very poor again and Baird really is not any better, technically Baird is shocking and you could literally count on one hand the number of forward balls he plays during a game and actually make it to a St Mirren player, and at the back positionally he is all over the place, look so nervous every game, plays like it is his first ever game and has been at fault for so many goals already now. With these 2 guys at the back we are going to ship an unbelievable number of goals this season. Not many if any positives to take from today. We need to get rid of Stubbs as soon as we can, we can already see the writing on the wall with what is gonna happen should he remain in the managerial position for the next few months. It is as clear as anything that he doesn't know what he is doing and never mind a plan B he doesn't seem to have any plan what so ever for each game. We need to get a new man in before real damage begins to start

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

And 7 on target, no very good at shooting are they? :lol:

That means 23 were wide of the target, we had 10 shots at their goal with 4 on target.

Just for some parity, something that you should try more often with your stats. 

I don't think they count the 4 goals among shots on target.

Now for some balance on Stubbsy: laughable post match interview for Buddievision where the camera team take until 3 minutes into the interview to notice that Stubbs has almost walked completely out of shot. 

https://www.stmirren.com/news/matchday/match-reaction/2141-reaction-alan-stubbs-post-hearts

Top man Jimbo! :blink::blink::blink:

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I don't think they count the 4 goals among shots on target.

Now for some balance on Stubbsy: laughable post match interview for Buddievision where the camera team take until 3 minutes into the interview to notice that Stubbs has almost walked completely out of shot. 

https://www.stmirren.com/news/matchday/match-reaction/2141-reaction-alan-stubbs-post-hearts

Top man Jimbo! :blink::blink::blink:

I think they do...............:wink:

No surprise on the Buddievision, another clusterfcuk of a service from the club. :lol:

I wasn't at the match today.  Watched the delayed transmission on Alba.  Couldn't see the penalty offence clearly.  Samson a little unlucky not to make the save.  Defensively poor.  Once again we played a side that looks fitter,  is more physiçal and better organised.  Better than last week going forward.  Alfie Jones had a great chance to reduce the deficit.  

Edited by St.Ricky

22 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I Now for some balance on Stubbsy: laughable post match interview for Buddievision where the camera team take until 3 minutes into the interview to notice that Stubbs has almost walked completely out of shot. 

He was probably going to assume his default position of sitting in the dugout with his head in his hands.<_<