Hearts away. 01/09

guinness

the things we lacked, most obvious first

Pace

Fitness

alertness

intensity

desire to cover up as we lost the ball and immediately after.  We are short of team spirit.

EVERY player was short of all these things, except Mullen and Flynn when they came on.  Alan Stubbs strikes me as someone who is bracing himself for yet another crash, he seems to lack any intensity or authority-you need at least one of these to be a decent manager before you even consider  technical knowledge.  I don't think a single player has any fear of him or has been inspired to stretch themselves for their gaffer.

There is hope for a few players, Coulson could do with a few months of extra gym and sprint sessions and he might promise something after that.  A more composed Willock could impose himself on a game and Hodson will be an asset once he is match fit.  Jones needs to clear his head and stop looking so shell shocked, I have a feeling he might be something once he can deal with the pace of first team football and there is a leader in there.  At the very least he seemed to be trying to find a way to fight his way into things even if he never quite got there.   Of last year's successes, Smith, and S McGinn could do a turn if they can rediscover their mojo and also improve in all the areas listed.  None of this will happen under the current management team and they need to go, but we would still be 6 players short of a competitive team.  The current crop and management team would be bottom half in this year's championship.

I'd bite the bullet and pay up Jackson and Stubbs now if I were in charge.  I'd maybe give Rice  time to try and steady the ship with McManus at his side and use the rest of the season to develop a CREDIBLE  on field strategy for a quick return from the championship and a competitive return to the top flight in 2020 under an accomplished manager,  'cause that is where we are headed.  I can't see us getting more than 2 further points in the remainder of the first quarter and you don't get back in the race from that position.

I don't fully blame Stubbs though, we could only have attracted a better manager if we had not signalled way in advance that we would have the lowest player budget in the league and you can't blame the guy for trying.

You can't say anything bad about Jackie Baird the fans love him and even make up wee songs in his honour for goodness sake.

I've got a  wee song for the beloved Jackie 'he's black, he's white, his general play is shite, Jackie  Baird, Jackie Baird'

Albion Rovers on look out for new centre half, any volunteers to drive him to Coatbridge ?? That's about his level along with the big Danish imposter up front.

Sorry Albion Rovers fans to inflict such misery on you we'll even through in Stubbs as manager.

8 minutes ago, alshboy said:

You can't say anything bad about Jackie Baird the fans love him and even make up wee songs in his honour for goodness sake.

I've got a  wee song for the beloved Jackie 'he's black, he's white, his general play is shite, Jackie  Baird, Jackie Baird'

Albion Rovers on look out for new centre half, any volunteers to drive him to Coatbridge ?? That's about his level along with the big Danish imposter up front.

Sorry Albion Rovers fans to inflict such misery on you we'll even through in Stubbs as manager.

A great advert for a locking drinks cabinets.

45 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Pace

Fitness

alertness

intensity

desire to cover up as we lost the ball and immediately after.  We are short of team spirit.

EVERY player was short of all these things, except Mullen and Flynn when they came on.  Alan Stubbs strikes me as someone who is bracing himself for yet another crash, he seems to lack any intensity or authority-you need at least one of these to be a decent manager before you even consider  technical knowledge.  I don't think a single player has any fear of him or has been inspired to stretch themselves for their gaffer.

There is hope for a few players, Coulson could do with a few months of extra gym and sprint sessions and he might promise something after that.  A more composed Willock could impose himself on a game and Hodson will be an asset once he is match fit.  Jones needs to clear his head and stop looking so shell shocked, I have a feeling he might be something once he can deal with the pace of first team football and there is a leader in there.  At the very least he seemed to be trying to find a way to fight his way into things even if he never quite got there.   Of last year's successes, Smith, and S McGinn could do a turn if they can rediscover their mojo and also improve in all the areas listed.  None of this will happen under the current management team and they need to go, but we would still be 6 players short of a competitive team.  The current crop and management team would be bottom half in this year's championship.

I'd bite the bullet and pay up Jackson and Stubbs now if I were in charge.  I'd maybe give Rice  time to try and steady the ship with McManus at his side and use the rest of the season to develop a CREDIBLE  on field strategy for a quick return from the championship and a competitive return to the top flight in 2020 under an accomplished manager,  'cause that is where we are headed.  I can't see us getting more than 2 further points in the remainder of the first quarter and you don't get back in the race from that position.

I don't fully blame Stubbs though, we could only have attracted a better manager if we had not signalled way in advance that we would have the lowest player budget in the league and you can't blame the guy for trying.

Able to go along with most of what you write but hope AS gets a handle on things. 

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Pace

Fitness

alertness

intensity

agree with much of what your saying ,  not too sure about sacking Stubbs until I know the cost implications , but do agree  that Rice and McManus would be not a bad option .

watched the game on Alba , and thought there were plusses , we had not a bad second half , they should have had a player sent off and it was a dodgy penalty .

If Stubbs can get the team he has working for each other , I think we still have a chance of staying up.

Just watched the game.. first half.. the defence was very poor again especially kpekawa and coulson.. 2nd half much better Kpekawa was much improved probably our best player. Yip  can't believe am saying that...  we are desperately needing a left back get it sorted Stubbs. and push coulson forward. Let's get the celtic game out of the way with no more injuries confidence improving. and prepare for Hamilton we can beat them. All is not lost far from it.. 

8 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Stubbs said on Wednesday or Thursday to get more players in some would need to move on.

No one moved on so no free agents will be coming in either.

He’s f**ked up the recruitment big time.

I Was wanting to give him at least till the end of the transfer window to sort our problems out but he just made them worse by telling key members they aren’t wanted in a bid to try get Kenny miller in.

We have been telling you how it is. You didnt want to listen.

Watched the game

Defence shocking all the goals gifts. Struggling to see what the penalty was for though

Midfield neat and tidy at times going forward but offer nothing defensively to a fragile defence

Up front the big Dane gets his head onto Sammy kick outs on the touchline but no where else especially in their box

Toothless

So we gift goals and don't look like scoring but can play side to side with the ball

They did put effort in and the manager was out his dug out but the players defensively and up front aren't good enough for this league

10 hours ago, John Gotti said:

Watching the game today it was clear that Hearts had far better players,  Naismith in particular looked the best player on the park by a mile but for us the deficiencies were obvious. Coulson continues to get caught out of position and our midfield got over run. McGinn in particular looks out of sorts. I also noticed Jackson grabbing Smith after the warm up and it looked quite physical. 

From the stands it doesn't look a very happy team.

Cammy is a fantastic player but maybe everyone is jumping to conclusions saying he’s not wanted and is available for transfer. 

Stubbs telling him if you’re not happy with being dropped or not happy playing for me then you’re free to find another club doesn’t mean he’s not wanted. 

The gaffer is quite right to tell any player this. Either you’re on board or you’re out the door.  I support this 100% regardless who the player is.

Maybe Jackson was telling him to put his dummy back in and go play some football as his body language his moody attitude has been really evident since last week. 

Last week was embarrassing from everyone wearing the stripes, it was like no single f**ks were given out on that pitch. Yesterday was much better from the players in terms of their attitude and desire to play and fight for the club.

They need to remember that they are playing for us, not Stubbs or anyone else on the coaching team. Nothing less than 100% is acceptable and we’ve not been getting that so far. Yesterday was better.

If the players get on board and Stubbs can somehow sort the defence out then we will start picking up points IMO. 

I’m not happy with what’s been on display so far but the chants of Stubs get to f**k after 4 league games were embarrassing IMO. 

5 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Not convinced it’s praiseworthy though IoBS.

The minimum requirement to be successful in any walk of life...

I want to get paid a rather handsome salary every week to ‘put in effort’, where do I sign up?

What I seen in the Livingston and Aberdeen games was nothing short of a shambles. We had a slight improvement against Hearts in my opinion on effort which did not exist in the other two games with a bit of luck we could have had a couple of goals. Now was it good enough ? Of course not the team for me is not set up correctly.  I would have McGinn, Josh , Flynn , Smith , Mullen outfielders  all playing at the same time then build a team around them. Still don't think Stubbs is the right manager the team lack direction.  The board need to act soon we must stay in this league. 

24 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I would have McGinn, Josh , Flynn , Smith , Mullen outfielders  all playing at the same time then build a team around them. Still don't think Stubbs is the right manager the team lack direction.  The board need to act soon we must stay in this league. 

Who is Josh?

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Cammy is a fantastic player but maybe everyone is jumping to conclusions saying he’s not wanted and is available for transfer. 

Stubbs telling him if you’re not happy with being dropped or not happy playing for me then you’re free to find another club doesn’t mean he’s not wanted. 

The gaffer is quite right to tell any player this. Either you’re on board or you’re out the door.  I support this 100% regardless who the player is.

Maybe Jackson was telling him to put his dummy back in and go play some football as his body language his moody attitude has been really evident since last week. 

Last week was embarrassing from everyone wearing the stripes, it was like no single f**ks were given out on that pitch. Yesterday was much better from the players in terms of their attitude and desire to play and fight for the club.

They need to remember that they are playing for us, not Stubbs or anyone else on the coaching team. Nothing less than 100% is acceptable and we’ve not been getting that so far. Yesterday was better.

If the players get on board and Stubbs can somehow sort the defence out then we will start picking up points IMO. 

I’m not happy with what’s been on display so far but the chants of Stubs get to f**k after 4 league games were embarrassing IMO. 

There's been plenty of decent posts, this is another. :thumbs2