Hearts away. 01/09

guinness

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

Cant believe we are now at the level of taking postivies from Hearts ramming 4 past us in one half.

Hang your head in shame you alleged St Mirren fans. STUBBS OUT. And the faraway fuds too.

^^^^^^^^ This typifies the moronic element we have in our so called support. 

TBH this is your typical response over the years, no backbone & spineless.

:thumbsdown 

7 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

We all knew how it was you f**king clown just some have the decency to let a new manager get to end of the transfer window to sort our problems in the squad out which he’s failed only made things worse.

Well at least some Saints fans have deceny and decorum.  We salute you.

default_thumbdown.gif 

Moronic him surely not

He’s one of the few with the incredible knowledge that could see things weren’t going well the rest of us thought everything was going great and we were on course to win the league.

He’s one of the complete pricks we have in our support and reason I wouldn’t want goody anywhere near us for now if we were to move Stubbs on as they would just slate him if he couldn’t work miracles with this squad he would inherit.

Well that went pretty much as expected  :(   Apart from 45 mins of football, the rest of my day was enjoyable and the look on my mate face when the barman ask for £10-40 for 2 pints was priceless :lol:   Last pub we hit prior to the game was Dickens, that had some great photos of sporting greats on the wall. I saw J Wilson,  A Murray,  S Hendry,  Shankly,  M Ali,  P Lawrie among others but I just couldn't find the 1 of Goodwin holding the league cup, i wonder why   :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What I seen in the Livingston and Aberdeen games was nothing short of a shambles. We had a slight improvement against Hearts in my opinion on effort which did not exist in the other two games with a bit of luck we could have had a couple of goals. Now was it good enough ? Of course not the team for me is not set up correctly.  I would have McGinn, Josh , Flynn , Smith , Mullen outfielders  all playing at the same time then build a team around them. Still don't think Stubbs is the right manager the team lack direction.  The board need to act soon we must stay in this league. 

Are we allowed to play so many permanent signings when we have 7 loanees?

Although AS and his signings have not hit the ground running (as would be expected from a team who had been promoted) unfortunately I think the problems go deeper than the current manager.

1. Why can’t we attract top class players anymore? Danny Lennon could attract Thompson, teale, Goncalves, Dummet, I will also include McGowan, mair and Samson in this as they were experienced premiership players. Hamilton played st Johnstone in front of 1700 fans with 3 stands and a plastic pitch, we have a purpose built training ground , modern stadium and our best season ticket sales in decades, why are we now building a team with short term development players? I feel sorry them as it’s damaging their confidence, I far as I know, AS picked them via end of season trials, not sure if you get an accurate reflection of a player in these events. There also seems to be rumours abound about Darren Jackson using his experience as an agent to help with recruitment.

2. Why was it so difficult to recruit a manager? Let’s look at the situation, won the league with ease (ask Rangers,Hibs,Dundee Utd fans how difficult a task that is) solvent club, good facilities, decent fan base. It was embarrassing listening too the excuses UNEMPLOYED managers  were giving NOT to take the job, even Goodwin (legend) would rather stay at a lower league team. As for Gutti, Kluvert, names thrown in to create ST sales , can probably add in Juventus players on loan into that marketing ploy. AS was apparently picked because of his experience in the Scottish game. The chairman and Fitzy have loads of experience of the Scottish game, they or a good assistant could have supported a manager from outside Scotland.

I have been supporting the Buds for decades, through worst situations than this (we are in the top league) it’s the lost potential that hurts at the moment, we could have added 5 quality experienced players to the squad from last year and would have been hard to beat. What’s the next step, not sure, but I will still be turning up to support the team. 

3 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

We all knew how it was you f**king clown just some have the decency to let a new manager get to end of the transfer window to sort our problems in the squad out which he’s failed only made things worse.

Stubbs best game so far arguably was his first game against Kilmarnock and before he had made many loan signings. In midfield that day Cammy MacPherson and Jordan Kirkpatrick both started and both played well. I don't get the impression that MacPherson or Kirkpatrick feature in Stubbs' plans. After the game he just said neither had done themselves any harm and they'd been unlucky not to be taken to La Manga for the training camp... that to me suggests that originally they were further down the pecking order than the Stewarts, McShanes, Eckersleys, MacKenzies and Hippolytes who did go to La Manga.

The longer Stubbs has been around the less organised we've looked, and the more his own signings replace last year's squad the weaker we look.

4 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I have been supporting the Buds for decades, through worst situations than this (we are in the top league) it’s the lost potential that hurts at the moment, we could have added 5 quality experienced players to the squad from last year and would have been hard to beat. What’s the next step, not sure, but I will still be turning up to support the team. 

I know its easier said than done identifying and recruiting "quality experienced" players but I would have been happy to go with 3 or 4 signings from that category adding to last year's squad, 1 or 2 punts on loanees and bringing in 2 or 3 from the U20s. This season we were likely to start off with the 2nd smallest budget and while it sounds good to have 2 good players competing for every position, I would have been happy to have had 18 or 19 players who we expected to use regularly throughout the season and a few U20s filling out the squad. Signing 13 players who are nearly all stepping up to full time, first team, premiership football has been a huge gamble which shows little sign of paying off.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Stubbs best game so far arguably was his first game against Kilmarnock and before he had made many loan signings. In midfield that day Cammy MacPherson and Jordan Kirkpatrick both started and both played well. I don't get the impression that MacPherson or Kirkpatrick feature in Stubbs' plans.

Hard to say on Kirkpatrick because he's been injured ever since. I do hope we give him a chance though, he looked good that day and might give us a better edge up front. And he has goals in him.

I feel sorry for Cammy McPherson, he played well v Killie. The midfield has been pish in recent weeks, he deserves an opportunity to try and prove himself. 

2 hours ago, davidg said:

Fantastic stadium. 

We were saying the same thing yesterday. 

All Scotland’s friendlies and games that would get 20k should be played there. 

I would agree it is the best when actually inside the ground, but the away stand itself is just like a big unfinish tin hut when under the seats. Must be 1 of the few all seated ground where the fans can still nip out for a smoke. Oh and did anybody else pay for a seat in the lower section and just wander to a seat in the upper section :D

1. Why can’t we attract top class players anymore? Danny Lennon could attract Thompson, teale, Goncalves, Dummet, I will also include McGowan, mair and Samson in this as they were experienced premiership players.

I was a massive DL fan and i’m definitely not going to defend AS but going to have to jump in on this one...
Of the players you mentioned: Goncalves and Dummett were low risk, high reward loan signings - a bit of a lucky dip that could’ve went more Stephane Bahoken and Ellis Plummer potentially...
McGowan was a young loanee from Celtic originally, he then got signed on a permanent deal after.
Mair wasn’t signed by DL although he was experienced.
Samson wasn’t an experienced Premiership player as he was signed from Ayr Utd... by all accounts he had 9 top league appearances at the age of 26.
Thompson and Teale i’ll give you as they were massive coups, however, my point is every signings carries an element of risk.
We’ve signed plenty of ‘experienced’ diddies and loads of ‘inexperienced’ stars, a manager should be able to spot a good footballer though and unfortunately some guys look to be falling short of standards required...

18 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Although AS and his signings have not hit the ground running (as would be expected from a team who had been promoted) unfortunately I think the problems go deeper than the current manager.

1. Why can’t we attract top class players anymore? Danny Lennon could attract Thompson, teale, Goncalves, Dummet, I will also include McGowan, mair and Samson in this as they were experienced premiership players. Hamilton played st Johnstone in front of 1700 fans with 3 stands and a plastic pitch, we have a purpose built training ground , modern stadium and our best season ticket sales in decades, why are we now building a team with short term development players? I feel sorry them as it’s damaging their confidence, I far as I know, AS picked them via end of season trials, not sure if you get an accurate reflection of a player in these events. There also seems to be rumours abound about Darren Jackson using his experience as an agent to help with recruitment.

2. Why was it so difficult to recruit a manager? Let’s look at the situation, won the league with ease (ask Rangers,Hibs,Dundee Utd fans how difficult a task that is) solvent club, good facilities, decent fan base. It was embarrassing listening too the excuses UNEMPLOYED managers  were giving NOT to take the job, even Goodwin (legend) would rather stay at a lower league team. As for Gutti, Kluvert, names thrown in to create ST sales , can probably add in Juventus players on loan into that marketing ploy. AS was apparently picked because of his experience in the Scottish game. The chairman and Fitzy have loads of experience of the Scottish game, they or a good assistant could have supported a manager from outside Scotland.

We struggled  to attract players in our first season back up last time (2006/07) - I remember Falkirk trumping us for a striker (Finnigan) during the January window. This season was always gonna be about survival and getting us on a more equal footing with teams like Kilmarnock. Motherwell & The Fakes.

JRs departure put all that on hold - it took 4 weeks from Ipswich declaring their interest until Stubbs was appointed during which time Davis left and the only arrivals were Kellerman & P. McGinn. Shortly after arriving Ross & Stubbs were reported to be having a discussion about the formers targets but they had either all got cold feet by then or Stubbs just didn't fancy them and of his picks so far only Willock seems to have genuine quality.  

I don't recall us ever having success in the unattached players market so I suppose wed better hope that the fortnights break gives us an opportunity to improve things via coaching or it will be the long, hard season that many are predicting. 

Like Oscar Wilde before me Im in the utter but dreaming of the stars.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:40 AM, faraway saint said:

:thumbsdown 

No Backbone and yet, spineless?  How can these two things co-exist?

That's like saying a house has no roof and is roofless.

You should also cut down on the rusty nail sandwiches-they are increasing your irony levels.