Hearts away. 01/09

guinness

So disappointed in Saints right now I’m probably going to give this a miss. If the forum is a barometer for the mood of the fans then things could get ugly when the goals start to fly in.

Hopefully Saints scrape a result and I eat my words. Hopefully.🤞

On 8/27/2018 at 11:19 AM, Stockholmbud said:

Hearts manager rushed to hospital this morning 

Not sure about the game but looking forward to the day out  on Saturday. When a team is on a roll the football Fairies often through a spanner in the works and derail them. Maybe they will smile on us on Saturday because Hearts are Definitely on a roll.

Get well soon Craig Levein,  looks like the football fairies have started already. We'll take a win on Saturday but hopefully your fit again in time  to take points of the Old firm and our mini league opponents too.

get-well-soon-card-football-630.jpg

Oops. Think I boobed with that image.  Probably just made him more ill.

Ikpeazu alone means a Hearts victory.

Who does anyone suggest that we have that can compete with him and stop him ?

Fearing a real drubbing with resulting destruction of any remaining player confidence, morale and everything else needed for a team to function as a team.

So depressed at the moment after Livi game.

Sorry

Bet 365...
Hearts to win by 3 goals... 11/2... a gift!

I said that to someone I work yesterday. Tynecastle can be an intimidating venue if Hearts get their tails up early and won’t the fans just like getting it right up the former Hibs manager?

It’s generally the sort of situation we could fold over the wagons and pull a performance out of the hat but as we slide toward the window closing with no reinforcements (particularly defensive) the thought of a similar 11 and performance to last week gives me the fear.

One of two things could happen on Saturday. 

I'm Dreaming:cloud9

Saints went to the capital city

Having been playing particularly shitty

Kpekawa the big  centre half

Had more than one gaffe

And the score wasn’t very pretty.

Or the preferred option

Saints went down to the land of the Jambo’s

They were on fire, decidedly Flambeaus

They played with their hearts

Destroyed the Jam Tarts

Be proud of our young Paisley Rambo’s

Edited by East Lothian Saint

2 hours ago, DLBud said:

I said that to someone I work yesterday. Tynecastle can be an intimidating venue if Hearts get their tails up early and won’t the fans just like getting it right up the former Hibs manager?

It’s generally the sort of situation we could fold over the wagons and pull a performance out of the hat but as we slide toward the window closing with no reinforcements (particularly defensive) the thought of a similar 11 and performance to last week gives me the fear.

With our recent habit of collapsing in the early stages of games I also have worries about this game.

They are stingy in defence, only conceded 1 goal in 3 league games. 

On the plus side, we are a good second half team, so the plan is get to half time 0-0 and we're assured of a point, at least. :wink:

58 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

With our recent habit of collapsing in the early stages of games I also have worries about this game.

They are stingy in defence, only conceded 1 goal in 3 league games. 

On the plus side, we are a good second half team, so the plan is get to half time 0-0 and we're assured of a point, at least. :wink:

We've only been "good" in the second half because the games have been finished by that point.

I wish I had confidence in our recruitment plan but at the moment it appears that Stubbs has badly underestimated the quality of player needed to compete in this league.  Any side needs a strong spine and for me solving our central defence problems would go a long way to putting us back on track.  Gary Mac is the best centre half we have but he is out injured ......... the worrying thing is that Stubbs obviously thought that the two he brought in are better as he told Gary Mac he could go.

Hearts will provide a major test as they are strong up front and fire crosses into the box at every opportunity. Whatever defensive option Stubbs decides to go with on Saturday, this will be a major test. I have the fear ! 

21 hours ago, Dare said:

the worrying thing is that Stubbs obviously thought that the two he brought in are better as he told Gary Mac he could go.

The 2 he brought in might not be very good....  but they are certainly better than an injury prone player who is out injured for the next 6 months and missed 22 league games last season!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

And they had the front to call me anti-stmirren ffs.

Just the way I see it mate. Season ticket holder , SMISA member , buddie vision member , 1877 member. At the moment I can only see how terribly disorganised we look with zero work and fight rate. Tynecastle fans on top of you I can see some of our players freezing with fear. 

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just the way I see it mate. Season ticket holder , SMISA member , buddie vision member , 1877 member. At the moment I can only see how terribly disorganised we look with zero work and fight rate. Tynecastle fans on top of you I can see some of our players freezing with fear. 

Super fan, shit supporter. :byebye