So Farewell Then Runrig

shull

Saw them live many times, including their peak moment, headlining their own festival sized gigs at Loch Lomond. Bumped into Donnie Munro once at a Lou Reed gig in Edinburgh, he was friendly and happy to chat. When that ‘Rip it Up’ documentary was on, good as it was, I knew they would completely ignore Runrig and not even mention them. 

They were never cool, not even at the height of their ‘Big Wheel’ album and ‘Hearthammer’ single success. Great band, especially in concert.

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Saw them live many times, including their peak moment, headlining their own festival sized gigs at Loch Lomond. Bumped into Donnie Munro once at a Lou Reed gig in Edinburgh, he was friendly and happy to chat. When that ‘Rip it Up’ documentary was on, good as it was, I knew they would completely ignore Runrig and not even mention them. 

They were never cool, not even at the height of their ‘Big Wheel’ album and ‘Hearthammer’ single success. Great band, especially in concert.

They were "cool enough" to part of the Rip It Up exhibition. 

Edited by faraway saint

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’ve never seen them and for no sensible reason whatsoever I’ve always thought of them as a bit of a “lassies’ band”. Don’t know why? Also I believe Donnie Munro is/was a big unionist so that put me off as well. 

The live version of Loch Lomond is an absolute classic though. It was the staple of many Tartan Army trip CD.

2 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

I think you're right but Pete Wishart balances that, surely?

2 hours ago, Hambud said:

But the remaining drummer guy is a real SNP guy.

Might even be the MSP for Skye.

Aye that's right. Think it was political differences that split the band up originally.

I travelled up from Warrington for the Friday concert of The  Last Mile 

it was a well organised event and it didn’t rain and the crowd were in good voice 

the band were supported by Donny Munro who played some nicely arranged stripped back Runrig songs as well as his own material 

Runrig came on at half 7 and played solid for over three hours and just finished with Hearts of golden glory as we exited the area to make the dah ack to Stirling station for the last train

to anyone who is going tonight- you will have a wonderful time

leave plenty of time at the end if traveling by train