Ethan Erhahon

Good news. A future star ....

St Mirren Football Club is delighted to announce that Ethan Erhahon has signed a three-year contract extension with the club. 

The 17 year-old made his Saints debut last season against Raith Rovers in the IRN-BRU Cup at just 16 years-old. 

St Mirren Chief Executive, Tony Fitzpatrick said: "Everyone knows the importance our club places on youth and we are delighted to have Ethan signed up on a long-term deal. 

"In recent times we've seen the likes of John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan and so on get big moves and capped for Scotland. We've also seen Kyle Magennis make himself a fixture in the first team as has Jack Baird.

"Ethan has been in and around the first team and it's great to have him signed up."

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Good news. A future star ....

St Mirren Football Club is delighted to announce that Ethan Erhahon has signed a three-year contract extension with the club. 

The 17 year-old made his Saints debut last season against Raith Rovers in the IRN-BRU Cup at just 16 years-old. 

St Mirren Chief Executive, Tony Fitzpatrick said: "Everyone knows the importance our club places on youth and we are delighted to have Ethan signed up on a long-term deal. 

"In recent times we've seen the likes of John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan and so on get big moves and capped for Scotland. We've also seen Kyle Magennis make himself a fixture in the first team as has Jack Baird.

"Ethan has been in and around the first team and it's great to have him signed up."

Mods please delete or merge my created thread, we have a duplication of topic. 

• 1 year later...

This is great for the club and the lad himself.

We get income, he gets wider experience and at the end of this loan it could be either a fee for the sale or a lad who comes back stronger and better !

All the best Ethan - I would prefer if you become a Scotland star and St. Mirren legend - so have a wee think about that please !  

• 8 months later...

No, don't panic, he's not away just yet.

After watching Saturday's game one thing clearly stood out for me and that was his accuracy and pace of the ball in the passes he made.  His style of play would certainly redirect him towards the attention of potentially bigger clubs, and yes, bigger than St Hibs (I like that description from Yflab).  Indeed, I would go as far as to say that come the end of this season it wouldn't surprise me to see approaches from clubs in the English Premier.  He could well be the best player in a generation to have been brought up in the club.  

I don't know how long his contract lasts but I do hope our club gets it right by the time he wants to go and receive a decent return on our investment.

17 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

No, don't panic, he's not away just yet.

After watching Saturday's game one thing clearly stood out for me and that was his accuracy and pace of the ball in the passes he made.  His style of play would certainly redirect him towards the attention of potentially bigger clubs, and yes, bigger than St Hibs (I like that description from Yflab).  Indeed, I would go as far as to say that come the end of this season it wouldn't surprise me to see approaches from clubs in the English Premier.  He could well be the best player in a generation to have been brought up in the club.  

I don't know how long his contract lasts but I do hope our club gets it right by the time he wants to go and receive a decent return on our investment.

I think he's contracted to summer 21. Hopefully we can get him to sign that extension. 

I'm not convinced yet re Ethan , it maybe because he's not part of a settled midfield , and the fact that he has a couple of donkeys playing beside him. At the moment , he's not on the same planet as J McGinn , Mallan , Morgan,  McLean  and S McGinn were,  when they were breaking through !

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

I'm not convinced yet re Ethan , it maybe because he's not part of a settled midfield , and the fact that he has a couple of donkeys playing beside him. At the moment , he's not on the same planet as J McGinn , Mallan , Morgan,  McLean  and S McGinn were,  when they were breaking through !

Aye, early days.

Talk of an English Premiership team swooping in at the end of this season is really taking things way too far. 😂

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, early days.

Talk of an English Premiership team swooping in at the end of this season is really taking things way too far. 😂

Yes, perhaps optimistic but not unrealistic.  Other clubs search for potential players at a young age who they see as an investment too.  English Premier clubs don't always spend millions they have the resources to nurture potentials and Ethan is one of them.  His aplomb is distinctive so watch this space (I should have been a chief scout:rolleyes:)!

1 hour ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Yes, perhaps optimistic but not unrealistic.  Other clubs search for potential players at a young age who they see as an investment too.  English Premier clubs don't always spend millions they have the resources to nurture potentials and Ethan is one of them.  His aplomb is distinctive so watch this space (I should have been a chief scout:rolleyes:)!

I will. :wink:

Chief Sitting Bull more like. :lol:

Wonder were the posters are that were slating the boy when he came into the team as a full back. Debut V Rangers. I've seen the boy since he was 15. Always a top midfielder. I bet anybody anything GLS is wondering how much he can sell him for. I was lucky enough to be ask to present his YPOTY award 2 seasons ago. And he's a lovely young man. TOP PLAYER

10 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Wonder were the posters are that were slating the boy when he came into the team as a full back. Debut V Rangers. I've seen the boy since he was 15. Always a top midfielder. I bet anybody anything GLS is wondering how much he can sell him for. I was lucky enough to be ask to present his YPOTY award 2 seasons ago. And he's a lovely young man. TOP PLAYER

Been saying the same for 2 years ,the way forward  for this club is to put faith in our youth and stop bringing  in shit from down south or Ireland .

32 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Been saying the same for 2 years ,the way forward  for this club is to put faith in our youth and stop bringing  in shit from down south or Ireland .

I get the what you mean in terms of what we have brought to the club but clubs like Motherwell have been successful at both ?. 

All managers are defined by their recruitment and at the moment question marks around Goodwin's recruitment.

Anyone who went to reserve games could see Ethan would be a top player, here's a post of mine from over 3 years ago.

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43346-St-Mirren-v-Heart-of-Midlothian-Colts.-Challenge-Cup-Rd-2#entry1481737