Ethan Erhahon

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:
2 hours ago, God of war said:
Calm down, rage is consuming u....clearly u need to control the rage, raging!

Remind us, when is your club opening with all the top DJ's making guest appearances?

Ffs u calm down as well...enough in the seething group already, u don't need to join in with shite patter, canny wait for ur amazing comeback. Hurry up, go on...

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Interesting to hear you say that Ethan played behind the front two and was all about beating players. What age group was that at? Before or during being part of the Performance school system?

Pretty sure he made his debut against Falkirk under Ross and played as a holding midfielder. And pictures of him playing for Scotland U17s, etc had him wearing #6.

When he was younger from age about 11-12...all the expert's on here will tell you different..

7 hours ago, Yflab said:

Changing positions did no harm to the careers of Gareth Bale and Thierry Henry. Did it?

Closer to home Trigger started his career with St Mirren as a striker.

Just goes to show you that managers and coaches often know more about the game than scouts. Dib dib.

Not saying they don't (well in Goodwin case he knows feck all imo). But Erahon is a complete shadow and different player that i used to watch....same goes for Joshua Jack on loan at Clyde. Josh was the most talented youngster i have ever seen by a country mile...

7 hours ago, God of war said:

Not saying they don't (well in Goodwin case he knows feck all imo). But Erahon is a complete shadow and different player that i used to watch....same goes for Joshua Jack on loan at Clyde. Josh was the most talented youngster i have ever seen by a country mile...

Heard from someone at Clyde say that he is very similar to Stuart Armstrong as a player. Also seen a couple of clips of him on Clyde TV and he seems to be doing well then. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 2:27 PM, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

No, don't panic, he's not away just yet.

After watching Saturday's game one thing clearly stood out for me and that was his accuracy and pace of the ball in the passes he made.  His style of play would certainly redirect him towards the attention of potentially bigger clubs, and yes, bigger than St Hibs (I like that description from Yflab).  Indeed, I would go as far as to say that come the end of this season it wouldn't surprise me to see approaches from clubs in the English Premier.  He could well be the best player in a generation to have been brought up in the club.  

I don't know how long his contract lasts but I do hope our club gets it right by the time he wants to go and receive a decent return on our investment.

We are now setup for at least a 1 million pound transfer to the English Premier.

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans

22 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

As if Jack Ross would asset strip saints🙄. Now, strange  he hasn't went back to Sunderland to sign some of the ones he brought in there............

:lol:

Hate to upset you but Saints, and every other team in Scotland, get "asset stripped" every season. 

That's what keeps us alive. 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Hate to upset you but Saints, and every other team in Scotland, get "asset stripped" every season. 

That's what keeps us alive. 

Agree with that's what keeps us going but instead of the  small fee with a million add ons which if you are amazingly lucky, you might get some serious money back, should be going for highest fee possible without the crap. 

31 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
59 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:
As if Jack Ross would asset strip saintsemoji849.png. Now, strange  he hasn't went back to Sunderland to sign some of the ones he brought in there............

Given the position they are in at the moment I'm not surprised he's let them be!

Very true but JR and owners at the time threw a ridiculous amount of money at it to get out of lg1 and it didn't work, to a lesser extent same at hibs imo to get a european place next season. 

Thing is I remember us with money in the late 80's and some of the disastrous signings made, sometimes better to be a bit more frugal.

24 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Very true but JR and owners at the time threw a ridiculous amount of money at it to get out of lg1 and it didn't work, to a lesser extent same at hibs imo to get a european place next season. 

Thing is I remember us with money in the late 80's and some of the disastrous signings made, sometimes better to be a bit more frugal.

Aye? 

Don't teams spend to be as successful as possible? 

The target would be as high in the league as possible, get to a final/win a cup.

There's a fine balance between frugal and suicidal. (relegation fodder) 

Not disagreeing with the fact clubs need to spend a bit to get as high a position as possible but if it doesn't work out, it can be a disaster for club.

What hasn't helped our cause is what's happened with the managerial merry go round over the last 5+ years along with the amount of players we have went through is staggering to say the least.

• 5 months later...