Ethan Erhahon

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Personally I'm not a big fan, but that's only my opinion.

Good luck, as BOK says, can only help his development, and in turn, might improve him as a player. 

I was just about to break ranks and then saw you had beaten me to it.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with all the bollocks that GoW spouts, but for the most part I don’t really see what everyone else seems to see. For me he’s nothing more than a decent young player and I’d say it must be a bit of an indictment of the level of talent at U21 level in Scotland if Ethan has been called up.

As others have said though, fair play tae the lad and hope it’s a good experience for him. If it helps improve him, then that can only be to our (and obviously his) benefit. 

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was just about to break ranks and then saw you had beaten me to it.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with all the bollocks that GoW spouts, but for the most part I don’t really see what everyone else seems to see. For me he’s nothing more than a decent young player and I’d say it must be a bit of an indictment of the level of talent at U21 level in Scotland if Ethan has been called up.

As others have said though, fair play tae the lad and hope it’s a good experience for him. If it helps improve him, then that can only be to our (and obviously his) benefit. 

Ya woos. :P

9 hours ago, Yflab said:

I think we need to consider that he is still very young.

Physically he needs further work in the gym and on the training pitch. He has been getting game time experience in the last two seasons that will stand him in good stead. There are not many young players in the top league with more games under there belt at age 19/20.

I think he would develop faster if he had a more experienced player alongside him in midfield. 

I believe he has proved a more consistent performer than McAllister or Magennis at the same age. Neither of those two players have set the heather alight during the last season. I have no doubt that Ethan has played more games this last season than those two combined.

Magennis has managed 4 starts since joining Hibs. He was permanently injured this season for Saints.

McAllister has hardly managed to start regularly never mind finish 90minutes.

Jim Goodwin obviously trusts Ethan and it shows that he was prepared to let both his captains this season leave the club in Magennis and Foley.

Let’s cut the young lad some slack. He’s still very young and inexperienced. This last season will have given him immense confidence to kick on. Not many St Mirren midfielders have experienced playing in two cup semi finals at age 19/20.

He deserves his call up. Unless someone can point me in the direction of another defensive Scottish midfielder at his age group.

I don’t disagree with a single thing you say above mate, but my view remains that he is nowt special.

I’m not saying that I know of someone better to take his slot in the Scotland squad. I’m saying that if there isn’t anyone better, then it’s a bit of an indictment of the level of talent in that position at the moment.

Like you say though, hopefully he will continue to improve. 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:59 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m not saying that I know of someone better to take his slot in the Scotland squad. I’m saying that if there isn’t anyone better, then it’s a bit of an indictment of the level of talent in that position at the moment

Or, and I know this is a real stretch, it could be that you are shit at spotting a good young player. 😁

• 1 month later...

Barnsley back in for Erhahon apparently, this time as a transfer. Rumoured "six figure fee" 

A player that has come on so much in the last couple of season with bags of potential. I would be sorry to see him go but if he does, hope we are negotiating a significant sell-on clause. He obviously still has some developing to do but his awareness and composure on the park are very promising, oh too rare for the position he plays. Future Scotland player for me. 

Edited by bazil85

Erhahon is top drawer. Hugely impressed with him over last few seasons. If he keeps developing as he has been then he will play at top level.

Going to the right club also in Barnsley where I think he is good enough to make it. Never thought that of Mallan at either Barnsley or Hibs

Erhahon has a few shortcomings in his game but he's constantly improving still is learning. End of the day, we have on our books, a guy who has represented Scotland at every level bar full international, will have well over 100 first team appearances before he hits 21 and still has two years to run on his current deal.

When you look at other clubs like St. Johnstone and Motherwell doubling down and refusing to let themselves be short sold on their assets, then neither should we. Barnsley paid £1.25m last season for a lad from Liverpool who is two years older, and with no first team experience save for couple of loans out to League 1.

We'd be doing ourselves a genuine disservice by accepting low to mid six figures for him.

£350,000, %25 sell on, a further £150k if he makes 25 appearances and we get him on loan for a season would be a fair deal. 
So we give him 25 appearances during his loan to us and get another £150k? Sounds too easy. [emoji16]

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

All depends on whether Ethan wants the move. If he wants to go then a deal needs to be done.

He’s been to Barnsley before.  I don’t understand why anyone would consider returning , mind you could be worse - could be Doncaster or Huddersfield  🤮

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

He’s been to Barnsley before.  I don’t understand why anyone would consider returning , mind you could be worse - could be Doncaster or Huddersfield  🤮

If he went to Doncaster he would technically still be in Scotland.