Ethan Erhahon

Sonny

31 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
59 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:
As if Jack Ross would asset strip saintsemoji849.png. Now, strange  he hasn't went back to Sunderland to sign some of the ones he brought in there............

Given the position they are in at the moment I'm not surprised he's let them be!

Very true but JR and owners at the time threw a ridiculous amount of money at it to get out of lg1 and it didn't work, to a lesser extent same at hibs imo to get a european place next season. 

Thing is I remember us with money in the late 80's and some of the disastrous signings made, sometimes better to be a bit more frugal.

24 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Very true but JR and owners at the time threw a ridiculous amount of money at it to get out of lg1 and it didn't work, to a lesser extent same at hibs imo to get a european place next season. 

Thing is I remember us with money in the late 80's and some of the disastrous signings made, sometimes better to be a bit more frugal.

Aye? 

Don't teams spend to be as successful as possible? 

The target would be as high in the league as possible, get to a final/win a cup.

There's a fine balance between frugal and suicidal. (relegation fodder) 

Not disagreeing with the fact clubs need to spend a bit to get as high a position as possible but if it doesn't work out, it can be a disaster for club.

What hasn't helped our cause is what's happened with the managerial merry go round over the last 5+ years along with the amount of players we have went through is staggering to say the least.

• 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Personally I'm not a big fan, but that's only my opinion.

Good luck, as BOK says, can only help his development, and in turn, might improve him as a player. 

I was just about to break ranks and then saw you had beaten me to it.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with all the bollocks that GoW spouts, but for the most part I don’t really see what everyone else seems to see. For me he’s nothing more than a decent young player and I’d say it must be a bit of an indictment of the level of talent at U21 level in Scotland if Ethan has been called up.

As others have said though, fair play tae the lad and hope it’s a good experience for him. If it helps improve him, then that can only be to our (and obviously his) benefit. 

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was just about to break ranks and then saw you had beaten me to it.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with all the bollocks that GoW spouts, but for the most part I don’t really see what everyone else seems to see. For me he’s nothing more than a decent young player and I’d say it must be a bit of an indictment of the level of talent at U21 level in Scotland if Ethan has been called up.

As others have said though, fair play tae the lad and hope it’s a good experience for him. If it helps improve him, then that can only be to our (and obviously his) benefit. 

Ya woos. :P

48 minutes ago, God of war said:

Deserved? In what way? Has been honking for Saints...

So who should be in his place? We are still waiting to read what players you have scouted. Zzzzzzzz.

I think we need to consider that he is still very young.

Physically he needs further work in the gym and on the training pitch. He has been getting game time experience in the last two seasons that will stand him in good stead. There are not many young players in the top league with more games under there belt at age 19/20.

I think he would develop faster if he had a more experienced player alongside him in midfield. 

I believe he has proved a more consistent performer than McAllister or Magennis at the same age. Neither of those two players have set the heather alight during the last season. I have no doubt that Ethan has played more games this last season than those two combined.

Magennis has managed 4 starts since joining Hibs. He was permanently injured this season for Saints.

McAllister has hardly managed to start regularly never mind finish 90minutes.

Jim Goodwin obviously trusts Ethan and it shows that he was prepared to let both his captains this season leave the club in Magennis and Foley.

Let’s cut the young lad some slack. He’s still very young and inexperienced. This last season will have given him immense confidence to kick on. Not many St Mirren midfielders have experienced playing in two cup semi finals at age 19/20.

He deserves his call up. Unless someone can point me in the direction of another defensive Scottish midfielder at his age group.

9 hours ago, Yflab said:

I think we need to consider that he is still very young.

Physically he needs further work in the gym and on the training pitch. He has been getting game time experience in the last two seasons that will stand him in good stead. There are not many young players in the top league with more games under there belt at age 19/20.

I think he would develop faster if he had a more experienced player alongside him in midfield. 

I believe he has proved a more consistent performer than McAllister or Magennis at the same age. Neither of those two players have set the heather alight during the last season. I have no doubt that Ethan has played more games this last season than those two combined.

Magennis has managed 4 starts since joining Hibs. He was permanently injured this season for Saints.

McAllister has hardly managed to start regularly never mind finish 90minutes.

Jim Goodwin obviously trusts Ethan and it shows that he was prepared to let both his captains this season leave the club in Magennis and Foley.

Let’s cut the young lad some slack. He’s still very young and inexperienced. This last season will have given him immense confidence to kick on. Not many St Mirren midfielders have experienced playing in two cup semi finals at age 19/20.

He deserves his call up. Unless someone can point me in the direction of another defensive Scottish midfielder at his age group.

I don’t disagree with a single thing you say above mate, but my view remains that he is nowt special.

I’m not saying that I know of someone better to take his slot in the Scotland squad. I’m saying that if there isn’t anyone better, then it’s a bit of an indictment of the level of talent in that position at the moment.

Like you say though, hopefully he will continue to improve. 

I don’t disagree with a single thing you say above mate, but my view remains that he is nowt special.
I’m not saying that I know of someone better to take his slot in the Scotland squad. I’m saying that if there isn’t anyone better, then it’s a bit of an indictment of the level of talent in that position at the moment.
Like you say though, hopefully he will continue to improve. 

Aye I agree nothing special so far but we were spoilt growing up with a midfield lineup of Stark, Fitzpatrick and Richardson.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:59 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m not saying that I know of someone better to take his slot in the Scotland squad. I’m saying that if there isn’t anyone better, then it’s a bit of an indictment of the level of talent in that position at the moment

Or, and I know this is a real stretch, it could be that you are shit at spotting a good young player. 😁