League within a league

8 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

It's looking like the league within a league angle in getting smaller. Dundee and ourselves will do well to reach Accies' and Motherwell's current points totals of 10 and 11 respectively before Christmas the way we are playing.

Aye, when I started this thread it was 6, recently down to 4 now it's 2.

The start of November and we're way behind 10th. 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, when I started this thread it was 6, recently down to 4 now it's 2.

The start of November and we're way behind 10th. 

Top part has 8 clubs covered by 8 points

Bottom 4 has 4 clubs covered by 8 points.

Still tight at top and bottom.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:19 AM, St.Ricky said:

Top part has 8 clubs covered by 8 points

Bottom 4 has 4 clubs covered by 8 points.

Still tight at top and bottom.

This weekends matches will see things become even tighter in the bottom four if we win in Dundee and other results go our way

The top eight continue to be covered by eight points. 

This weekends matches will see things become even tighter in the bottom four if we win in Dundee and other results go our way
The top eight continue to be covered by eight points. 

So you’ve managed to work out that nothing has changed at all since you made your post on Monday .

Thank you for doing the complicated maths for us all .

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So you’ve managed to work out that nothing has changed at all since you made your post on Monday .

Thank you for doing the complicated maths for us all .

Don't mention it old boy. 

I hope to be able to say that the bottom 4 will remain covered by 8 points by the close of Sunday's games. 

But of course with us closer to the top of the bottom 4.

Just now, shull said:

I would rather we were closer to the Top 1.

Got to show ambition. 

Aim for 10th then we might make it but no better. More likely we will finish 11th or bottom. 

Got to agree but we are where we are so slowly,  slowly catchee monkey is the state of play. 

• 3 weeks later...

The dramatic loss of form by both Hearts & Hibs has been disappointing as I'd hoped they could sustain early season form and make the battle for the title more interesting. 

Hearts are not far away in points but a mile in performance.

Hibs have not won in their last 5 and are 10 points off the top and nosediving towards the dross.

Credit to Killie for sustaining last seasons form, now sitting second.

Also St Johnstone, after getting pumped 6-0 at home to Celtic have rallied tremendously. 

The bottom three are looking doomed, with Hamilton looking safe as they take points off us with little effort. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

The dramatic loss of form by both Hearts & Hibs has been disappointing as I'd hoped they could sustain early season form and make the battle for the title more interesting. 

Hearts are not far away in points but a mile in performance.

Hibs have not won in their last 5 and are 10 points off the top and nosediving towards the dross.

Credit to Killie for sustaining last seasons form, now sitting second.

Also St Johnstone, after getting pumped 6-0 at home to Celtic have rallied tremendously. 

The bottom three are looking doomed, with Hamilton looking safe as they take points off us with little effort. 

Cant really argue with this. 

It's not comfortable in the slightest but it is certainly interesting in both the top and bottom of the Premiership. Our Govan neighbours disrespected Dundee today in making 6 changes in much the way Celtic disrespected Motherwell midweek and as a result both dropped a point to our rivals in the bottom half of the league,  the bit that matters to us. We did know it before this weekend but results certainly confirmed that the going is tough and going to remain that way.  Doesn't mean we should give up hope though.  Give Dundee credit today,  they defended well but the Govan team only have themselves to blame for a poor final ball despite dominating possession. 

Not all doom and gloom.

If we hadn’t got the unexpected results against Hearts & Hibs ( Albeit undone by results against Hamilton & Livingston ) then we’d look a complete lost cause.

We are not however ‘dead and buried’.

Kearney has done nothing to suggest he’s going to be the ‘saviour’as yet & it’ll be the end of February before we expect the potential new recruits to start yielding some points.

Will we be too far gone by then ? Who knows, but 1 win 2 draws 10 defeats do not suggest the current squad have much more to offer.

Kearney has had 13 games only for us to be propping up the rest.

I think we will survive despite all this.