League within a league

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, chalky1 said:

The way I've always looked at is a supporter will normally go to the games, whether home or away, even both. A fan normally reads the match report etc. Not really much of a difference both will spend money on the club, Replica tops etc. To me a fan picks and chooses their game normally due to work or other commitments. I'm happy with either as they support St.Mirren. 

I would say a fan is more likely to be someone who attends games in on a more regular basis. The word actually derives from "fanatic". You can support someone's views without paying anything towards his causes. If you want to be more pedantic the dictionary doesn't differentiate between the two.

However, If an idiot tells you the same story for a year you might just end up believing it. NOT DIRECTED AT YOU CHALKY1.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I would say a fan is more likely to be someone who attends games in a more regular basis. The word actually derives from "fanatic". You can support someone's views without paying anything towards his causes. If you want to be more pedantic the dictionary doesn't differentiate between the two.

However, If an idiot tells you the same story for a year you might just end up believing it. NOT DIRECTED AT YOU CHALKY1.

No direction taken. from me it is just another word to define something/one. Bit like Potato - PAtAto  :D

14 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Good result tonight with the bottom team in our mini league getting a kicking. Dundee now a point behind us with a game more played. A nice wee win against St Johnstone on Saturday and things start to look a whole lot better emoji846.png

Yeah, 5 points from the next three would be pretty decent return. 

On 10/21/2018 at 8:44 PM, faraway saint said:

Some other good news, Dundee play Hearts and Celtic in their last 2 games of the first quarter.

Unlikely they will get anything from both these games IMO so it's up to us to pick up points and get away from them a wee bit. 

Part one, check.

Not exactly Nostradamus :rolleyes: but I'm pretty sure Celtic will not let us down in part two. 

Ball's in our court.

PS The goal difference has taken a turn for the better for us as well, -7 in the last 2 games. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Its more the manner of the defeat to Hearts and all the things that make up a calamity of a season. Remember us 2014.... Thats 2 defeats and 0-7 for McIntyre and no side man. Amazing how they bag McCann and then make a conditional appt in McIntyre in that his side kick is not welcome. Our players will know how massive the next 2 are but so will Fakes and Well

Part one, check.
Not exactly Nostradamus :rolleyes: but I'm pretty sure Celtic will not let us down in part two. 
Ball's in our court.
PS The goal difference has taken a turn for the better for us as well, -7 in the last 2 games. :lol:

Exactly , let’s hope all other teams in our Mini league keep getting skelped as long as we manage to scrape some points .

I would think only a fool would want otherwise.

Granted 

Playing, acting and being the fool suits me fine. 

Been at it all my life, with ease. 

Check most of my content on this Forum. 

It's the only way to alleviate the tedium of the MASSES. 

Anyway, as long as my Team give 100%, get fecking stuck in at all times, attack attack attack, aim to win every single competitive match and aspire to win whatever league they are in... 

I DINNAE GIVE A FECK WHAT OTHER TEAMS DO, LEAST OF ALL SHITE LIKE DUNDEE AND HAMILTON. 

Do you think Livy are worried about Dundee?? 

Naw.

They are aiming to get above Hearts. 

Fecking winners just like Leicester a couple of years ago 

Imagine getting promotit with all that glory then fecking about in a league of four shite losers till next May. 

I am foolish and proud. :thumbs2

Edited by shull

I see in the media today Oran has introduced boxing to the training regime! As if our beleagured backline havent been battered around the ring enough this season?

on a slightly more serious note, all this talk of a "League within a league" is excusist hogwash, if we lose the next three then its over for us before xmas. Then your mini league of two will be us and Dundee trying to avoid automatic relegation by having one less goal against.

Our problems will multiply in January if we lose as described above, as the class Hammill, Jackson and Anton are showing will spur someone up here, or league one down south to offer them double the wages. Only silver lining being get a bit of a fee for Anton.

we need a win against St Johnstone or Motherwell or we will be cut adrift. 

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I see in the media today Oran has introduced boxing to the training regime! As if our beleagured backline havent been battered around the ring enough this season?

on a slightly more serious note, all this talk of a "League within a league" is excusist hogwash, if we lose the next three then its over for us before xmas. Then your mini league of two will be us and Dundee trying to avoid automatic relegation by having one less goal against.

Our problems will multiply in January if we lose as described above, as the class Hammill, Jackson and Anton are showing will spur someone up here, or league one down south to offer them double the wages. Only silver lining being get a bit of a fee for Anton.

we need a win against St Johnstone or Motherwell or we will be cut adrift. 

Wonder if Gus is behind the boxing thing. We saw a video on the bus to Aberdeen about the 2005-6 championship win  with shots of training and boxing training was a big part of it.

5 hours ago, shull said:

Granted 

Playing, acting and being the fool suits me fine. 

Been at it all my life, with ease. 

Check most of my content on this Forum. 

It's the only way to alleviate the tedium of the MASSES. 

Anyway, as long as my Team give 100%, get fecking stuck in at all times, attack attack attack, aim to win every single competitive match and aspire to win whatever league they are in... 

I DINNAE GIVE A FECK WHAT OTHER TEAMS DO, LEAST OF ALL SHITE LIKE DUNDEE AND HAMILTON. 

Do you think Livy are worried about Dundee?? 

Naw.

They are aiming to get above Hearts. 

Fecking winners just like Leicester a couple of years ago 

Imagine getting promotit with all that glory then fecking about in a league of four shite losers till next May. 

I am foolish and proud. :thumbs2

This is your best ever post.  Feeling quite tearful :happyclapper

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Two Leagues within the Premiership. 

The top eight clubs are covered by 8 points. 

The bottom 4 clubs are covered by 8 points. 

Dramatic?  It sure is. Not for the faint hearted but not to be missed IMO. 

No it isn't. 

It is a shite League. 

It would be more competitive if 2 Clubs didn't have more money to spend than the other 40 Clubs combined. 

A non sectarian Club hasn't won the Top League since 1985.

Probably never will again. 

It would be marvellous if all 12 Clubs had a chance to win the League and compete in the Champions League. 

Just now, shull said:

No it isn't. 

It is a shite League. 

It would be more competitive if 2 Clubs didn't have more money to spend than the other 40 Clubs combined. 

A non sectarian Club hasn't won the Top League since 1985.

Probably never will again. 

It would be marvellous if all 12 Clubs had a chance to win the League and compete in the Champions League. 

Apart from the obvious then Shull. This is still a great league.  Take them out and you have 6 clubs still within 8 points at the top and 4 within 8 at the bottom.