League within a league

Supporting them is actually going to the game, I’m not supporting them but glad they won. [emoji6]

I’m glad that Hamilton lost . As I said, I find it incredible that anyone who claims to be a st.mirren supporter would have wanted them to win.
There are some very mixed up individuals out there

3 hours ago, ged62 said:

Supporting them is actually going to the game, I’m not supporting them but glad they won. emoji6.png

I support Arthurlie and haven't been to a Match for a year or so.

My Mum supported St Mirren for decades and never attended a single game.

So you're incorrect

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The form of the bottom 5 really is tragic.

Between them, over the last 5 games, they have only managed 12 points from a possible 75.

As I thought, the gulf between the top and bottom is massive this season,

I expected this too ---- BUT you have to hand it big style to Livingston   - - - Who predicted that...

1 hour ago, shull said:

So you're incorrect

We're back to the definition of a supporter. For me,  there are people who have some interest in the club,  maybe read reports,  maybe post in online forums.and these  Fans. To be a supporter means adding revenue to the club in some way.... The most obvious being to attend home games in particular. Modern devopments mean that the club can be supported by signing up for Buddievision and St Mirren TV amongst others.  These are key differences.  

10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

We're back to the definition of a supporter. For me,  there are people who have some interest in the club,  maybe read reports,  maybe post in online forums.and these  Fans. To be a supporter means adding revenue to the club in some way.... The most obvious being to attend home games in particular. Modern devopments mean that the club can be supported by signing up for Buddievision and St Mirren TV amongst others.  These are key differences.  

Nonsense Ricky and you know it.

There are a raft of ways to support something without it being financial.

That support doesn't need to be financial and it doesn't need to be an ongoing or regular thing.

A single act of supporting allows you to call yourself a supporter.

You are entitled to decide how much support, financial or otherwise, you want to provide. You shouldn't project your choices onto others. 

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nonsense Ricky and you know it.

There are a raft of ways to support something without it being financial.

That support doesn't need to be financial and it doesn't need to be an ongoing or regular thing.

A single act of supporting allows you to call yourself a supporter.

You are entitled to decide how much support, financial or otherwise, you want to provide. You shouldn't project your choices onto others. 

Utter nonsense though that should not come as a surprise. You support a team by going along to eh support them. Not sitting at home polluting a forum with the highest post count full of wee smilies. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Utter nonsense though that should not come as a surprise. You support a team by going along to eh support them. Not sitting at home polluting a forum with the highest post count full of wee smilies. 

You can support a Club any way you like. 

All supporters. 

None better or worse than any other. 

Might even mean a dude sitting by his Tranny on a Saturday listening for every Saints score update and praying only for his Team to win. 

Still a supporter. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I know you're a bit simple but Ricky has the highest post count on the forum for the amount of time he's been a member.

How does that sit with you now? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

And if the above wasn't a supporter, he wouldn't really be posting on a St Mirren Forum. 

Would he ? 

So you're incorrect

Supporting & being a fan is an entirely different thing. I’ll leave you to work that out for yourself [emoji6]

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I wouldn't put you in charge of wiping your own arse so why would you think you can be relied upon to define the word "supporter"?

Just now, ged62 said:

Supporting & being a fan is an entirely different thing. I’ll leave yin to work that out for yourself emoji6.png

Just the same. 

As I have mentioned a few times, my mum supported St Mirren but never attended one match. 

She supported in her own way, always making sure the rest of us got to games, helping out financially and purchasing us plenty St Mirren merchandise. 

St Mirren was in her heart. 

58 minutes ago, shull said:

And if the above wasn't a supporter, he wouldn't really be posting on a St Mirren Forum. 

Would he ? 

Fan...listen to the tranny, watch on TV, read about, post on line.  To support is to put your money where your mouth is. Buy a replica shirt, watch on St Mirren TV, Buddievision, Attend Home Games, Buy the Buds, Hospitality, 1877 Club, Buy a Brick, Seat Plaques etc. I am NOT suggesting that a Supporter is Superior to a Fan. I am merely pointing out the difference as supporter actually takes the attributes of a fan to the next stage and prioritises the use of sometimes scarce resources. .could be time or money..into financially Supporting the Club. This is what any business would do. Until you pop the money into the till you are not a customer / supporter. It's not a superior position it's just different. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Fan...listen to the tranny, watch on TV, read about, post on line.  To support is to put your money where your mouth is. Buy a replica shirt, watch on St Mirren TV, Buddievision, Attend Home Games, Buy the Buds, Hospitality, 1877 Club, Buy a Brick, Seat Plaques etc. I am NOT suggesting that a Supporter is Superior to a Fan. I am merely pointing out the difference as supporter actually takes the attributes of a fan to the next stage and prioritises the use of sometimes scarce resources. .could be time or money..into financially Supporting the Club. This is what any business would do. Until you pop the money into the till you are not a customer / supporter. It's not a superior position it's just different. 

Absolute shite Ricky. 

And we are not customers. 

We support with our heart and our love for the Club, whether we spend a penny or not. 

You are up your own arse. 

Go to Perth on Saturday. 

St Johnstone get every penny of your admission money. 

You are a St Johnstone Supporter. 

But, you're in the St Mirren End and not contributing a penny to them so at one match you're a St Mirren Fan and a St Johnstone Supporter. 

Rick's fecking logic. :lol: