League within a league

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Go to Perth on Saturday. 

St Johnstone get every penny of your admission money. 

You are a St Johnstone Supporter. 

But, you're in the St Mirren End and not contributing a penny to them so at one match you're a St Mirren Fan and a St Johnstone Supporter. 

Rick's fecking logic. :lol:

FFS, how many scarfs do I need to buy? :lol:

Just now, shull said:

According to Rick, every St Mirren dude attending an away league game is just a fan and most definitely not a supporter. 

And if it's an away cup match, that must make us HALF A SUPPORTER

:lol:

So if I buy a half & half scarf do St.Mirren get half the money :P

The way I've always looked at is a supporter will normally go to the games, whether home or away, even both. A fan normally reads the match report etc. Not really much of a difference both will spend money on the club, Replica tops etc. To me a fan picks and chooses their game normally due to work or other commitments. I'm happy with either as they support St.Mirren. 

49 minutes ago, shull said:

Go to Perth on Saturday. 

St Johnstone get every penny of your admission money. 

You are a St Johnstone Supporter. 

But, you're in the St Mirren End and not contributing a penny to them so at one match you're a St Mirren Fan and a St Johnstone Supporter. 

Rick's fecking logic. :lol:

No. Those are the rules our club signed up to. I would prefer to go back to a 50/50 share of the gate. But..if you insist, under the rules, I am then supporting football and St Johnstone and when they come to us or TOF etc then they are supporting St Mirren. If none of us go to support teams by paying our money to watch live games then our team and other teams would die.  But, again Shull, you seem to think that I am suggesting that there is some sort of hierarchy involved between a Fan (A passive role) and a Supporter (An active role) who pays their hard earned dosh to the club and deserves to be treated as a customer. 

Edited by St.Ricky

FORFUXSAKE 

That's me telt.

I did ask the elderly dudette. 

She roared.. 

" I am not a fan of you or a fecking supporter. You'll get my fecking fare once you get me home. So stop fecking talking shite and put your foot down, or I will miss Loose Women. "

I guess she is just an auld crabbit customer. 

42 minutes ago, shull said:

Got a hire thankfully. 

The person who pays me is neither a fan or supporter. 

Understand Rick ? 

That's because it's a financial transaction without emotional involvement. A customer whom I'm sure you treated well as return business Is very welcome everywhere.  Whereas for a fan who becomes an active supporter there is financial and emotional attachment. However each customer Supports your standard of living.

Edited by St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

No. Those are the rules our club signed up to. I would prefer to go back to a 50/50 share of the gate. But..if you insist, under the rules, I am then supporting football and St Johnstone and when they come to us of TOF etc then they are supporting St Mirren. If none of us go to support teams by paying our money to watch live games then our team and other teams would die.  But, again Shull, you seem to think that I am suggesting that there is some sort of hierarchy involved between a Fan

(A passive role) and an Active Supporter who pays their hard earned dosh to the club and deserves to be treated as a customer. 

More shite. 

Nobody pays in to watch my daughter's Team play football. 

Her Club is not dead. 

And if it was 50/50 on Saturday, then according to you, you would be St Mirren and St Johnstone Supporter. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

That's because it's a financial transaction without emotional involvement. A customer whom I'm sure you treated well as return business Is very welcome everywhere.  Whereas for a fan who becomes an active supporter there is financial and emotional attachment.

At last, support your Club with your heart. 

No need to spend a penny if you don't want to. 

But if you do, thanks. 

But it doesn't make you more of a supporter than anybody else. 

10 minutes ago, shull said:

At last, support your Club with your heart. 

No need to spend a penny if you don't want to. 

But if you do, thanks. 

But it doesn't make you more of a supporter than anybody else. 

Take your last sentence first. Last time, I hope, whether you are a fan or a supporter by the definitions I am using doesn't elevate one above the other. For some reason you seem to think that I might be suggesting that. I'm not.

Edited by St.Ricky

10 minutes ago, shull said:

More shite. 

Nobody pays in to watch my daughter's Team play football. 

Her Club is not dead. 

And if it was 50/50 on Saturday, then according to you, you would be St Mirren and St Johnstone Supporter. 

Do you go to watch her play?

Are there admission charges?

Is her team part of a Professional League?

(Must be great fun to watch whatever)

26 minutes ago, shull said:

Another hire. 

Wonder if he or she will be wearing an I LOVE SHULL Scarf. 

Still getting nae fecking discount. 

The lady gave me a 2 pound tip and told me to spend it on a St Mirren Programme at next home match. 

Must make her a St Mirren Supporter. 

Must make me a St Mirren Fan and a Greggs Supporter as I have just purchased my lunch with the said 2 quid. 

Also Rick, my daughter has attended nearly all home matches since the age of 4. She is now 10. She hasn't spent one penny on anything to do with the Club she loves and adores. 

Is she a fan or supporter. Rick ? 

Just now, shull said:

The lady gave me a 2 pound tip and told me to spend it on a St Mirren Programme at next home match. 

Must make her a St Mirren Supporter. 

Must make me a St Mirren Fan and a Greggs Supporter as I have just purchased my lunch with the said 2 quid. 

Also Rick, my daughter has attended nearly all home matches since the age of 4. She is now 10. She hasn't spent one penny on anything to do with the Club she loves and adores. 

Is she a fan or supporter. Rick ? 

When I was dependent on my parents, as is your daughter,  they paid for my travel, entrance money, equipment etc as I did for my children and grandchildren. 

27 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Do you go to watch her play?

Are there admission charges?

Is her team part of a Professional League?

(Must be great fun to watch whatever)

Tens of thousands paid to watch bigoted shite at Ibrox. That Club is dead. 

Very few pay to watch lower league teams. They survive. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

When I was dependent on my parents, as is your daughter,  they paid for my travel, entrance money, equipment etc as I did for my children and grandchildren. 

Answer the fecking question. 

22 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

So you're parents were St Mirren Supporters and you were just a wee fan ?