Billy Connolly.

linwood buddie

Sir Billy Connolly has trouble recognising his oldest friends, five years after going public with his Parkinson's disease diagnosis, Sir Michael Parkinson admitted today.

The legendary Scottish comedian, 75, struggled to remember who Sir Michael was in a "sad and awkward" moment over dinner recently, as the neurodegenerative disorder takes its toll on Billy's ailing health.

Sad news , best wishes to Billy and family.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Wonder if he remembers when he was a Partick Thistle fan?

Gerard Butler must be a neighbour, he could pop round, he knows how it goes.

On a far more serious note, a terrible thing to afflict anyone. One of the all-time greats. Comedian, actor, singer, musician, fabulous documentary front-man, great chat show guest.... an absolute 100% legend.

Truly sad for anyone suffering from degenerative diseases.

I personally have always enjoyed listening to Billy, it’s possible that I own a copy of every video tape/dvd/record/tape that he’s done [emoji4]

I also enjoyed his ‘World tour’ programmes, someone who can entertain so many people over so many years truly has talent.

Hopefully, we haven’t seen or heard the last of him yet.

Aye, very sad.

Degenerative conditions like Parkinson's are grim. Terrible for the person with the condition, but also for family and friends.

T here is no doubt that Connolly is a comedy legend.  I didn't really take to his cosying  up with the establishment set, as it seemed to fly in the face of the Connolly Brand, but that is a side note.  I've had some of my best laugh out loud moments watching/listening to him,  and he will always be irreplaceable.

26 minutes ago, Drew said:

T here is no doubt that Connolly is a comedy legend.  I didn't really take to his cosying  up with the establishment set, as it seemed to fly in the face of the Connolly Brand, 

There is no doubt that Billy would tell you to f**k right off and mind your own business. He would probably take the piss over the chip on your shoulder as well.

• 1 year later...

Had a difficult childhood in the 70s but the constant source of, at times, side splitting mirth all came from Conmolly, a huge part of my humour education and having seen my dad succomb to dementia I can imagine the sadness and frustration his family and friends are feeling but the legacy he has provided is immense. Not gone yet though and I expect the odd gem between now and the end.

• 10 months later...

Sir Billy Connolly was truly a great artist. Nothing could faze him in his prime nor now. Degenerative conditions are never easy and always ruthless. We hope it goes easy on him and his family.  As I am still a university student , I only know what my father used to tell about Sir Billy as he was a huge fan. 
I recently did an assignment on Parkinson disease, with the help of  best nursing assignment writers  as they have the experts to help out students with scoring the perfect grade. I hope it makes my father and Sir Billy proud.   

38 minutes ago, ronawedmore said:

Sir Billy Connolly was truly a great artist. Nothing could faze him in his prime nor now. Degenerative conditions are never easy and always ruthless. We hope it goes easy on him and his family.  As I am still a university student , I only know what my father used to tell about Sir Billy as he was a huge fan. 
I recently did an assignment on Parkinson disease, with the help of  best nursing assignment writers  as they have the experts to help out students with scoring the perfect grade. I hope it makes my father and Sir Billy proud.   

Honestly, I thought this sort of website had been made illegal. Then again, maybe the idiots who use your services to attempt to cheat their way to a degree deserve to be ripped off. I particularly liked the following excerpt from your shitty website:

Our panel of distinguished writers is well versed with all the formatting including referencing styles and sentence structures required for perfecting an immaculate essay in all disciples

1 hour ago, ronawedmore said:

:lol:

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly, I thought this sort of website had been made illegal. Then again, maybe the idiots who use your services to attempt to cheat their way to a degree deserve to be ripped off. I particularly liked the following excerpt from your shitty website:

Our panel of distinguished writers is well versed with all the formatting including referencing styles and sentence structures required for perfecting an immaculate essay in all disciples

Jesus Christ!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...