Build from the Back

I said Friday we are shipping goals. We could have Ronaldo upfront. He would need at least 3 goals a game. Livi are in far better shape than us they have big defenders and set up not to lose. Do we actually have any quality defenders... for me just Eck. The rest still have a mindset to attack.... appalling considering Stubbs was a quality defender. Gus had the right idea at the back. Jack right idea upfront albeit in a lower league. The window has nearly past. Killie got in big experienced defenders as did fakes Hearts and Well. The premiership is a huge step up we set up for a doing each week. Lets be honest Dundee should have thrashed us.... 10 man sevco cruised. I hope Stubbs actually has a plan or we will need to score 60 goals this year to stay up ....

Edited by DougJamie

The great Sir Alex always talked about having a good spine to his team. This usually referred to 3 key positions held down by experienced pros with a good attitude who could 'captain' the area they operated in. A central defender, central midfield and centre forward were the positions he referred to. We have the centre midfield in Captain Fantastic but need two others in the next two weeks. Will we achieve it?

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I said Friday we are shipping goals. We could have Ronaldo upfront. He would need at least 3 goals a game. Livi are in far better shape than us they have big defenders and set up not to lose. Do we actually have any quality defenders... for me just Eck. The rest still have a mindset to attack.... appalling considering Stubbs was a quality defender. Gus had the right idea at the back. Jack right idea upfront albeit in a lower league. The window has nearly past. Killie got in big experienced defenders as did fakes Hearts and Well. The premiership is a huge step up we set up for a doing each week. Lets be honest Dundee should have thrashed us.... 10 man sevco cruised. I hope Stubbs actually has a plan or we will need to score 60 goals this year to stay up ....

Not like you to be online at the weekend. 

No visitors today ? 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

The odd bloomer apart,  I would say yes. 

Most 'keepers will make mistakes. Sammy has done plenty of good for us, even Stubbs himself said yesterday Sammy just got on with it after his error and kept the score down. If we cannot defend properly, whichever goalie is playing is going to have more to deal with and as a result, will be more likely to mess up. 

Rogers should have provided a good challenge for Sammy this season based on his Falkirk performances and Aberdeen's reports on him. Unfortunately he massively messed up in both of his games in July which guaranteed Sammy the N1 jersey. 

Livi are in a far better shape than us? How would you know that? Come back & after the game on Saturday & I maybe agree with you, hope not.

35 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Livi are in a far better shape than us? How would you know that? Come back & after the game on Saturday & I maybe agree with you, hope not.

Aye, some other zoomer said something similar..............when you look at their results they tell a different story. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

FAR better shape than us?

Have you looked at the league table?

You are at least 2 months too early to make this sort of statement.

What is it with negative people that everything has to be boom or bust?

Your brain must exhaust you.

We are only two weeks into the league campaign and have had to visit Aberdeen and Ibrox in the last 7 days.

Calm the f**k down and give us peace FFS. :lol:

17 hours ago, oaksoft said:

FAR better shape than us?

Have you looked at the league table?

You are at least 2 months too early to make this sort of statement.

What is it with negative people that everything has to be boom or bust?

Your brain must exhaust you.

We are only two weeks into the league campaign and have had to visit Aberdeen and Ibrox in the last 7 days.

Calm the f**k down and give us peace FFS. :lol:

The thread is called Building from the back and in that respect livi are better than us.  I m calm ur the one getting all flushed.... how is neg saying we have a poor defence. Stop being a fe cking drama queen like the others on here that just react rather than debate

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

The thread is called Building from the back and in that respect livi are better than us.  I m calm ur the one getting all flushed.... how is neg saying we have a poor defence. Stop being a fe cking drama queen like the others on here that just react rather than debate

Explain please? 

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Explain please? 

FAS if u care to read what was posted it stated Livi are in better shape at the back. A t no point did i say they were better. We need a better defence or at least a defence that better understands each other or we will need goals every week to pick up points

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

FAS if u care to read what was posted it stated Livi are in better shape at the back. A t no point did i say they were better. We need a better defence or at least a defence that better understands each other or we will need goals every week to pick up points

Eh..............................

The thread is called Building from the back and in that respect livi are better than us.  

Yes, and can you explain why as the facts don't really support this view?

Have you seen them play? 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

OK I shall try smaller words.

How does the fact that we have both conceded 3 league goals this season lead you to conclude that they are in "far better shape than us"?

I actually don't think Livi are better at building from the back, but I will agree that they seem to encourage a system that has tall, bustling players in the back 4 and when it comes to playing at the opposite end of the pitch, especially in set plays, they crowd the box with these tall players and hope to get something out of the panic that ensues.

I actually don't mind it as a tactic, it is faintly amusing as it takes football back to yesteryear and tells me that in some cases not much has changed!

Personally I don't see how that is 'building from the back'.