Can you rate a player after only 90 mins?

On 8/22/2018 at 10:52 AM, Cornwall_Saint said:

Sometimes the best goal scorers are the ones who appear to be lazier, perhaps because they focus more on getting in the box than being out wide to get the ball. Kris Boyd has always been labelled lazy but his goalscoring record speaks for itself. Higdon scored more goals in one season that Dargo managed in his whole Saints career (across all competitions). Dargo was always praised as hard working etc but his finishing was shite. Meanwhile Higdon was criticised constantly for being "lazy". Once Billy Mehmet eventually got going his goals record was decent (more so in the cups than league) and he was always involved in the play, but him being pulled out of position meant he wasn't in the box to finish off the chances.

Ally McLeod was the "laziest" player I ever saw But he was the best finisher As Iain Munro once said he passed the ball into the net.

Ally.jpg

Edited by Danny

On 8/21/2018 at 10:05 PM, shull said:

And Elliot looked shit hot as he penned his Contract.

I always think it’s weird when you and others slag of Davie Elliot.

He played for us during the only era since I started supporting saints (in the mid 70s) when I didn’t attend many games. When I first moved to Jersey in 86 I vowed to myself that I would come back for at least 6 games a season. I kept this up for a few years but then weans, wives and being skint came along and I wasn’t able to come up as much for the next few years.

I think I only ever saw Elliot play once. It was in a New Year game at Cappielow. I remember it well. It was a 1-1 draw. Eddie Gallacher scored for us with a header from a cross supplied by Elliot. Elliot was fantastic that day and tore the Morton full back to shreads.

I obviously know you’re probably right because you watched him every week, but in my memory he was always a superstar. :D

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I always think it’s weird when you and others slag of Davie Elliot.

He played for us during the only era since I started supporting saints (in the mid 70s) when I didn’t attend many games. When I first moved to Jersey in 86 I vowed to myself that I would come back for at least 6 games a season. I kept this up for a few years but then weans, wives and being skint came along and I wasn’t able to come up as much for the next few years.

I think I only ever saw Elliot play once. It was in a New Year game at Cappielow. I remember it well. It was a 1-1 draw. Eddie Gallacher scored for us with a header from a cross supplied by Elliot. Elliot was fantastic that day and tore the Morton full back to shreads.

I obviously know you’re probably right because you watched him every week, but in my memory he was always a superstar. :D

He could have been a superstar and a St Mirren legend. He had the talent. 

But had no heart.