Kenny Miller Free Agent

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

U seriously saying we should spend quarter of a million on a guy we know well who is scoring goals in lower Scottish leagues...... ??? 

He will go for less than that, of course Ayr are going to go large. We did by a certain Frank McDougall for that fee a very long time ago from Clydebank and look how that panned out!

Guest TPAFKATS
He will go for less than that, of course Ayr are going to go large. We did by a certain Frank McDougall for that fee a very long time ago from Clydebank and look how that panned out!
Today this thread has already seen someone try and draw comparison between Shankland and King Kenny. Are you now adding to it by comparing Shankland to Zico?

Shankland vs a 38 yr old has been??? Hmm I know which one I'd pick.

Can't believe the amount of people on here who wouldn't take Shankland. 

ETA: I'd happily have them both at the club for this season but if it was one or the other it would be a no brainer.

Edited by LargsBud

9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Today this thread has already seen someone try and draw comparison between Shankland and King Kenny. Are you now adding to it by comparing Shankland to Zico?

If he carries on as he is doing, gets a premiership club then he'll be in line for scotland caps. Something Zico found hard to get!

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If he carries on as he is doing, gets a premiership club then he'll be in line for scotland caps. Something Zico found hard to get!

I like Shankland, have done since he came to us but that's a fecking massive statement and, at this moment in time, less than likely. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I like Shankland, have done since he came to us but that's a fecking massive statement and, at this moment in time, less than likely. :lol:

Like any eligible player, its in his hands where he wants to go to in football. He has U21 caps, he's scoring freely, scotland are always short on goal scorers. Will it come to pass? Only time will tell.

i'd have Stewart in a heartbeat, but looks like his wage demands will see him either stay at Birmingham or go elsewhere. Shankland is a realistic option for us. And a chance to continue making a few bob in transfer fees.

Lewis Morgan got called up to the Scotland squad having only played championship level!

Edited by Lord Pityme

If he carries on like he was at Morton only cap he will be getting is a domino’s one.

He’s got fit and doing great good on him but to suggest he wouldn’t be a gamble is silly he flopped with us on his 2nd spell then flopped at Morton.

I’d be happy to give him another chance but wouldn’t pay what Ayr are believed to be wanting for him.

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

If he carries on like he was at Morton only cap he will be getting is a domino’s one.

He’s got fit and doing great good on him but to suggest he wouldn’t be a gamble is silly he flopped with us on his 2nd spell then flopped at Morton.

I’d be happy to give him another chance but wouldn’t pay what Ayr are believed to be wanting for him.

Ok, so given we only have one striker playing (Madsen) who would you bring in?

Ok, so given we only have one striker playing (Madsen) who would you bring in?

Where did Danny Mullen go?

I’d love to see Stewart in but again looks out of our budget.

Looks like Miller will be joining up as well.

Our main focus for me should be someone with a bit of pace on the left I’m hoping we get Johnstone from Celtic

Just now, buddies1877 said:

Where did Danny Mullen go?

I’d love to see Stewart in but again looks out of our budget.

Looks like Miller will be joining up as well.

Our main focus for me should be someone with a bit of pace on the left I’m hoping we get Johnstone from Celtic

Mullen is a winger, not a striker. Miller is an auld man who will be on the treatment table 24/7, and lose pace in a heartbeat.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And made a tidy profit on a less than originally fancied player from a diddy club!

If I remember right, we sold Zico for £100,00 .....a loss of £57,000 from the original fee.

Alex Miller unloaded the four biggest earners at the time...Zico, Mark Fulton, Cowboy McCormack and Billy Thomson.

After Miller threatened to freeze Zico out, the bold Zico said he would go back to being a Scaffolder......

The story back then was that Miller reckoned we were paying well over the odds for all our players and he would rectify that problem.....

How did the move to St.Mirren come about, would the club not let you talk to Celtic?

Celtic offered £140,000 but St Mirren offered £180,000. Clydebank had obviously to take the higher offer.  A lot of clubs had financial problems at that time so I suppose it was a lot of money at the time.

From Frank's interview before he did a Fan's Q and A two years ago.

Makes it even more of a loss.....:P

13 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

How did the move to St.Mirren come about, would the club not let you talk to Celtic?

Celtic offered £140,000 but St Mirren offered £180,000. Clydebank had obviously to take the higher offer.  A lot of clubs had financial problems at that time so I suppose it was a lot of money at the time.

From Frank's interview before he did a Fan's Q and A two years ago.

Makes it even more of a loss.....:P

Yeah . 180k is loose change these days.. you could get Pogba for 3 days.... or the mighty Glasgow Rangers (1873-2012) and still have 179999 left to play with

Edited by DougJamie