Kenny Miller Free Agent

Guest TPAFKATS
I’d imagine Kenny Miller is more likely to score the goals that keep Dundee up than any of our strikers who appear to be of a poor standard. It’s very strange that he would rather travel three hours per day to Dundee than sign for us. He wants nothing to do with us and this is a worry . Nobody of any standing will come near us. 
You're right, I don't see any of our strikers scoring the goals that keep Dundee up. [emoji4]

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As usual you choose to believe anything to match you're consistent belief in anyone who doesn't match your  standards of yesteryear.

Gies a brek! 

All I did was repeat the quote in the report ! :blink:

17 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

I’d imagine Kenny Miller is more likely to score the goals that keep Dundee up than any of our strikers who appear to be of a poor standard. It’s very strange that he would rather travel three hours per day to Dundee than sign for us. He wants nothing to do with us and this is a worry . Nobody of any standing will come near us. 

Maybe potential signings read the forum. All this negativity... Who would want it? 

20 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

At least not until Stubbsypoohs is off his mark !

Just now, billyg said:

All I did was repeat the quote in the report ! :blink:

Billy, I get that but it seems all you prefer is anything negative.

The "report" could be a bag of shite yet you choose to post it?

I respect your dedication and "support" but you are "knee jerk" and stick to your view and scrape around to find "reports" to support it.

It's dreary and comes across as someone who's stuck in the past and nothing/no one will match your expectations.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even Oaky. :wink:

I'm indifferent.
Stubbs has lost the plot, and we'd be a shambles with or without Miller.
No doubt time will have been wasted chasing Miller at the expense of pursuing other options.
What a clusterf**k.

So it’s Stubbs’ fault for Miller not signing?

Stubbs is the manager and should be allowed to assemble his squad how he sees fit, whether that means Cammy leaving or Miller signing, it’s up to him.
He’ll live and die by his decisions as will Tony and Gordon for hiring him but he simply needs to be allowed to complete his squad regardless.

After Saturday, I feel like we needed Miller more now than before, we’re crying out for experience and leadership. He has it in abundance. I’m quite gutted we’ve missed out on him.

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Could it simply be that we offered a shorter contract than Dundee rather than assuming he didn't want anything to do with us? It is claimed Dundee matched our offer but that may be alluding to wages. Who knows? Noone other than St Mirren and Miller.

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Kenny`s maybe looked at this in close detail and thought whos going to get the bullet first :unsure: and chosen Dundee.

How`s that for positivity Ricky  :clapping were on our way were on our way

Going by results so far...that would be the Dundee manager. 

It's dreary and comes across as someone who's stuck in the past and nothing/no one will match your expectations.

Not so. Let’s say , for example , we had appointed Goodwin and he had stuck with the basis of last season, minus Morgan and Davis , and added a couple of others. We’d be sitting here just now saying , let’s hope he brings a couple more in before Friday. We would all know the capabilities of the squad , who would all be working like the same unit as last season. But no , we’re a bitty , disjointed shambles , the result of a clueless manager who thought he was being clever , but in essence , is taking the club back to where we were after Craig .

Just now, jkd said:

Maybe Miller's watched both teams play and thought Dundee look a better side than us more fight and attitude than us at the moment and decided to sign for them .

Maybe getting a 2 year deal was the deciding factor?  :1eye

More fight and attitude.........................have you seen Dundee and their current league position? :lol:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe getting a 2 year deal was the deciding factor?  :1eye

More fight and attitude.........................have you seen Dundee and their current league position? :lol:

Yes watching on sportscene they look a whole lot better than we have. There missing goals which Miller will give them and they need to tighten up there defence but the full team are fighting and trying while we look like no one wants to play or even be there.

Reading the forum is possible without being registered as is reading social media.

I am well aware of how this forum operates. However even on match days there are rarely 200 people reading it. Those that regularly do think it is bigger than it is.

7 hours ago, Dan Is The Man said:

So it’s Stubbs’ fault for Miller not signing?

Stubbs is the manager and should be allowed to assemble his squad how he sees fit, whether that means Cammy leaving or Miller signing, it’s up to him.
He’ll live and die by his decisions as will Tony and Gordon for hiring him but he simply needs to be allowed to complete his squad regardless.

After Saturday, I feel like we needed Miller more now than before, we’re crying out for experience and leadership. He has it in abundance. I’m quite gutted we’ve missed out on him.

Where did I suggest that it is Stubbs' fault?

As for him being "allowed" to assemble his squad as he sees fit, are you suggesting that the BoD (ie - his employers) should have no oversight of this? That would be a very unusual state of affairs, would it not?

The BoD are the custodians of the club, and they have a responsibility to safeguard it's interests. If that requires them to intervene if things are going awry, then that is what they should do - up to and including relieving an employee of his position.

To suggest that a manager should be permitted to carry on regardless is absolute madness.

Stubbs won't be sacked just now, of course, but I fully expect the BoD to have very keen oversight of just what the f**k he is up to. If for no other reason than I am not at all confident that the man himself knows.

As for Miller, it was a desperate throw of the dice. It failed. Whether it would have worked in any event is moot (personally, I don't think it would have, but that is simply conjecture on my part, as is any contrary view on the part of others).

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Games on Alba this weekend might give you the chance to see the Stubbs masterpiece

TBH not looking forward to this game, and unlikely I'd watch the replay, win or lose.

Seen the "masterpiece" at Aberdeen, planning my next away day, although I'll keep this "secret", don't want to spoil your fun. :wink: