Kenny Miller Free Agent

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Not so. Let’s say , for example , we had appointed Goodwin and he had stuck with the basis of last season, minus Morgan and Davis , and added a couple of others. We’d be sitting here just now saying , let’s hope he brings a couple more in before Friday. We would all know the capabilities of the squad , who would all be working like the same unit as last season. But no , we’re a bitty , disjointed shambles , the result of a clueless manager who thought he was being clever , but in essence , is taking the club back to where we were after Craig .

I honestly think the board are not going to throw anymore money at Stubbs given his signings. The board will wait for the new manager and the January window. Just hope we are not too adrift by then. 

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

What's funny faraway or is this another attempt by you to belittle people and there opinions. You asked me a question I answered honestly that I watched there highlights on sportscene but you laugh. So me giving my honest opinion is what you find funny or is it that you try to act the keyboard gangster on here while wanking yourself into a frenzy saying I've got another.

3 minutes ago, jkd said:

What's funny faraway or is this another attempt by you to belittle people and there opinions. You asked me a question I answered honestly that I watched there highlights on sportscene but you laugh. So me giving my honest opinion is what you find funny or is it that you try to act the keyboard gangster on here while wanking yourself into a frenzy saying I've got another.

You come to a conclusion Dundee are better than us based on Sportscene..................you don't find that funny?

Need to go, need another wank. :byebye

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Reading the forum is possible without being registered as is reading social media comments. But...I take your point.

How many potential signings might though is a different question.

I don't think this forum has anything to do with players signing for us or not. It's all about the money.

I'm disappointed we didn't get Miller - as a short term solution I can't see how it would have been anything other than beneficial for us.

I wouldn't have given out a two year deal - if thats true thats a real punt by Dundee - but I think he will get goals this year for whoever he plays for.

Dundee's major problem has been scoring so I think this will make life better for them and - by extension - survival harder for us.

Ah well - hopefully we will get a wee striker boost before the window closes.

8 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

I'm disappointed we didn't get Miller - as a short term solution I can't see how it would have been anything other than beneficial for us.

I wouldn't have given out a two year deal - if thats true thats a real punt by Dundee - but I think he will get goals this year for whoever he plays for.

Dundee's major problem has been scoring so I think this will make life better for them and - by extension - survival harder for us.

Ah well - hopefully we will get a wee striker boost before the window closes.

Ballsy move by Dundee. We are in a league of ballsy  clubs prepared to take gambles and all are hell bent on staying in the top flight. Let's see what the next few days bring. 

Edited by magnus

Aye, but the bad news is that he isn't coming despite the best efforts of our deranged manager.

Your anger and hatred of the new manager after 3 league games suggests that your ‘Stubbs must go’ thread wasn’t tongue in cheek after all.....

Helped lead to pozbaird’s meltdown over his racist joke mind you, which was highly entertaining. [emoji1][emoji12]

All eyes turn towards Ayr for the 48 hours of the transfer window..?
it would appear, in Scotland at least we are the last man standing interested in Shanks!

I’m actually hoping we sign him just to take some of the wind out of your sails. I can’t imagine struggling all season long and having to read your “we should’ve signed Shanks”, “Mullen is a winger” and “Jack Ross left this club in mess” posts ad nauseam.

Not so. Let’s say , for example , we had appointed Goodwin and he had stuck with the basis of last season, minus Morgan and Davis , and added a couple of others. We’d be sitting here just now saying , let’s hope he brings a couple more in before Friday. We would all know the capabilities of the squad , who would all be working like the same unit as last season. But no , we’re a bitty , disjointed shambles , the result of a clueless manager who thought he was being clever , but in essence , is taking the club back to where we were after Craig .

Sort of agree with this.

We should have appointed Goodwin the minute JR left.

To wait all that time and the end up with Stubbs was a big mistake

59 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Your anger and hatred of the new manager after 3 league games suggests that your ‘Stubbs must go’ thread wasn’t tongue in cheek after all.....

Helped lead to pozbaird’s meltdown over his racist joke mind you, which was highly entertaining. emoji1.pngemoji12.png

I'm way off angry, Andy.

Bemused? Yes.

Hatred? You're just being silly.

To be honest, I have my memories of a recent fantastic 18 months as a Saints fan. I suspect we are currently on an irreversible trajectory round the u-bend, but we'll recover from that eventually. It has happened before, and it will happen again.

I was never enthused by the Stubbs appointment. Far from it, but that won't stop me being a St Mirren supporter. It might result in me missing a few more matches for a period on account of having better things to do with my time and cash than spunk it away watching his failed project crash and burn. If that makes me a fair weather supporter, so be it. I'm far too long in the tooth to give two shits what anyone thinks of me.

I'll no doubt be back happy clapping at some as yet undesignated point in the future.

You'll always be a withered wee ball sack, however. That is the hand that life dealt you, sadly:(

Edited by Drew

9 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Goodwin didn't want the job

Exactly. Some people on here just can't seem to get their head round the fact that just because they want something to happen the person involved eg Goodwin might not. Same as some people wanting to keep Jack Ross. He didn't want to stay. We can't force people to come or stay with us. 

For what it's worth I think Goodwin is holding off knowing Jack's  successor was bound not to do as well after which Goodie would be in a no lose situation coming back. 

15 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Exactly. Some people on here just can't seem to get their head round the fact that just because they want something to happen the person involved eg Goodwin might not. Same as some people wanting to keep Jack Ross. He didn't want to stay. We can't force people to come or stay with us. 

For what it's worth I think Goodwin is holding off knowing Jack's  successor was bound not to do as well after which Goodie would be in a no lose situation coming back. 

Danger is Jim picks up another job like Falkirk or Thistle etc. He'd definitely take one of them

Done a tremendous job at Alloa and shows great potential as a manager 

Edited by lenziebud

31 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Goodwin didn't want the job

Goodwin didn't want the job after we pussied about far too long , had sounded out Neilson and then were courting Stubbs. I'm sure he would have taken it in the wake of JR leaving !

Guest TPAFKATS
All eyes turn towards Ayr for the 48 hours of the transfer window..?
it would appear, in Scotland at least we are the last man standing interested in Shanks!
Is that the royal "we" ?