Kenny Miller Free Agent

Goodwin didn't want the job after we pussied about far too long , had sounded out Neilson and then were courting Stubbs. I'm sure he would have taken it in the wake of JR leaving !

Don’t think that’s true Billy. As I remember it at the time he said he wanted to show some loyalty to Alloa who gave him his big break. I also seem to remember when jack was flirting with Barnsley, Jim knew he would be going to Sunderland! Skullduggery indeed. I think Jim Goodwin will one day be saints manager, but if the board we’re going to punt our manager after only 3 league games, who the hell would touch us?

Goodwin didn't want the job after we pussied about far too long , had sounded out Neilson and then were courting Stubbs. I'm sure he would have taken it in the wake of JR leaving !

Yip, of course he would. Gordon Scott fcuked up big time.

Goodwin would have had everyone behind him. Stubbs was never going to have the backing of the support.

3 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:
7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

How do you know?[/http://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11797/11389255/alloas-jim-goodwin-rejects-chance-to-speak-to-st-mirren-over-managers-job

Because he wasn't first choice , as I said !

2 hours ago, jkd said:

Yes watching on sportscene they look a whole lot better than we have. There missing goals which Miller will give them and they need to tighten up there defence but the full team are fighting and trying while we look like no one wants to play or even be there.

We looked ok on Sportscene FFS....

I'm way off angry, Andy.
Bemused? Yes.
Hatred? You're just being silly.
To be honest, I have my memories of a recent fantastic 18 months as a Saints fan. I suspect we are currently on an irreversible trajectory round the u-bend, but we'll recover from that eventually. It has happened before, and it will happen again.
I was never enthused by the Stubbs appointment. Far from it, but that won't stop me being a St Mirren supporter. It might result in me missing a few more matches for a period on account of having better things to do with my time and cash than spunk it away watching his failed project crash and burn. If that makes me a fair weather supporter, so be it. I'm far too long in the tooth to give two shits what anyone thinks of me.
I'll no doubt be back happy clapping at some as yet undesignated point in the future.
You'll always be a withered wee ball sack, however. That is the hand that life dealt you, sadly[emoji20]

Says it all about as a supporter then, there for the good times & can’t hack the bad times [emoji6]

Says it all about as a supporter then, there for the good times & can’t hack the bad times [emoji6]

Money has changed the game over the past 20/30 years. I get the impression that folk were far more relaxed in the past (pre 90s?) about results, performances etc. Entry prices were far more affordable as well. I saw a calculation that we’d be paying between £5-10 to get into football had prices risen with inflation since the 80s.

With the money coming into the game and the need for all seater stadia and a greater emphasis on facilities, fans are more likely to act as customers when times are hard. I’ve got a season ticket, so will continue to go to home games but why would I pay £28 to Hearts to watch the current team? I was up at Pittodrie and the game was over after 25mins, same on Saturday against Livingston.

Every fan has to balance the cost of football against their wider finances and the enjoyment they get from attending. As a fan, I don’t expect too much from the side - signs of organisation and motivation, playing to a suitable system and proving a bit of attacking excitement. I’ve seen 7 games this season and I’ve not seen much of any of those.

The Price Inflation Indicator would have us paying.. 

TEN POUND & TWENTY PENCE 

To watch Senior Football today. 

So, we are seriously getting well and truly fecking ripped off. 

Edited by shull

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

That's for league two, what about the other leagues? :lol:

I actually think when I checked, that was the amount we should pay for the Scottish Cup Final in 2018.

1 hour ago, ged62 said:

Says it all about as a supporter then, there for the good times & can’t hack the bad times emoji6.png

Aye, that'll be me.

I've attended pretty much all the relegation crunch matches home and away in both the top league and the Championship over more seasons than I care to remember, to the point where I could reasonably be considered a doom hunter.

I appreciate that you are probably being a bit tongue in cheek, but it is worth highlighting the distinction between not being able to hack the bad times (I can) and not wanting to endure match after match of brutal shite being served up (I won't).

Aye, that'll be me.
I've attended pretty much all the relegation crunch matches home and away in both the top league and the Championship over more seasons than I care to remember, to the point where I could reasonably be considered a doom hunter.
I appreciate that you are probably being a bit tongue in cheek, but it is worth highlighting the distinction between not being able to hack the bad times (I can) and not wanting to endure match after match of brutal shite being served up (I won't).

Never know it maybe get better [emoji6]