Kenny Miller Free Agent

32 minutes ago, andrew87 said:

Story seems to be that Livvy wanted him to stop playing and concentrate on management. Have to assume he wasn't impressing in the pitch or they would have been happy for him to continue in the dual role.

I suppose that's the point.... 

He doesn't need to impress anyone on the pitch - it's for him (as manager) to judge - unless you have an overbearing Chairman or Assistant Manager.

5 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Imagine this

Stubbs-  Kenny we're interested in signing you

Miller- You're playing Livi on saturday aren't you?

Stubbs- Yeah

Miller- Where do I sign!!

Saturday, scores a hat-trick

Then quits on Saturday night. :byebye

1 hour ago, andrew87 said:

Story seems to be that Livvy wanted him to stop playing and concentrate on management. Have to assume he wasn't impressing in the pitch or they would have been happy for him to continue in the dual role.

According to Tam McManus, he was sacked.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

My mate is a Peterhead fan and watched him in the petrofact Cup final he said he is like poetry in motion a joy to watch the way he directs everyone round about him. I would suggest that he is way better than  anything we have at the club right now even at 38

Poetry in motion? I take it your mate had been on the bong that morning?

Danny Mullen is ready 2/3 of the way to matching his scoring record from last season.

Miles better my pimply blue arse!

1 hour ago, elvis said:

My mate is a Peterhead fan and watched him in the petrofact Cup final he said he is like poetry in motion a joy to watch the way he directs everyone round about him. I would suggest that he is way better than  anything we have at the club right now even at 38

Poetry :lol:

2 hours ago, elvis said:

An absolute hum dinger of a post mate.

Brilliant.

I just love all the sage wisdom on here around KM's managerial/coaching abilities and the circumstances under which he left Rangers and now Livi.

I (like everyone else on here regardless of the pish they might spout) know the square root of eff all about the aforementioned. It did seem to me that he had a training ground meltdown at an utterly shambolic Rangers, because he simply couldn't take any more of the nonsense, but like I say, I don't know.

I'll tell you what I do know about Kenny Miller though. For literally his entire career he has been the absolute epitome of a model professional. He has taken whatever talents he was blessed with and maximised them to the limit. In an depressingly turgid era for Scottish International football, he was a bright light, was always available and deservingly finished his international career as something like the 5th of 6th highest Scotland scorers of all time. At the age of 38 I expect he is still twice as fit as umpteen top division players much more junior to him in years.

Maybe (just maybe), he might be a little past it for what we need, but I wouldn't bank on it. If we could get him on some sort of appearance based deal, I'd accept him with open arms. I realise that is probably unlikely though and I'd reluctantly agree that he probably isn't worth the risk of an expensive contract.

35 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I just love all the sage wisdom on here around KM's managerial/coaching abilities and the circumstances under which he left Rangers and now Livi.

I (like everyone else on here regardless of the pish they might spout) know the square root of eff all about the aforementioned. It did seem to me that he had a training ground meltdown at an utterly shambolic Rangers, because he simply couldn't take any more of the nonsense, but like I say, I don't know.

I'll tell you what I do know about Kenny Miller though. For literally his entire career he has been the absolute epitome of a model professional. He has taken whatever talents he was blessed with and maximised them to the limit. In an depressingly turgid era for Scottish International football, he was a bright light, was always available and deservingly finished his international career as something like the 5th of 6th highest Scotland scorers of all time. At the age of 38 I expect he is still twice as fit as umpteen top division players much more junior to him in years.

Maybe (just maybe), he might be a little past it for what we need, but I wouldn't bank on it. If we could get him on some sort of appearance based deal, I'd accept him with open arms. I realise that is probably unlikely though and I'd reluctantly agree that he probably isn't worth the risk of an expensive contract.

Simmer down Kenny, I'm sure your mammy still loves you.

4 hours ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Imagine this

Stubbs-  Kenny we're interested in signing you

Miller- You're playing Livi on saturday aren't you?

Stubbs- Yeah

Miller- Where do I sign!!

Saturday, scores a hat-trick

I like the Script so far.... but what happens in the second act? 

24 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I like the Script so far.... but what happens in the second act? 

4 Weeks Later

Alan Stubbs: Kenny, I need you to play out wide this week.

Kenny Miller: Naw. I will do what I want. I'm a striker and I'm playing striker. I am the great Kenny Miller.

AS: You will do as I say. Harry loves his new LM position, Cammy has settled into the role behind the striker even though he's a winger-

KM: Whit are you oan aboot? Cammy ain't a winger.

AS: Yes he is. But him, Harry and also Danny have tried and loved the wide position. Now it's your turn.

KM: f**k off. I'm leaving. You're all a bunch of cunts. 

Guest TPAFKATS
FFS. Raman on STV sport has just said we’re interested in Miller as a player, as are another top flight club.
I was concerned until I re read and noted it was raman.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
FFS. Raman on STV sport has just said we’re interested in Miller as a player, as are another top flight club.

I was concerned until I re read and noted it was raman.

Aye, but he’s ra’ man. :)