Welcome Lee Hodson ( loan )

Guest TPAFKATS
LEE is far better in the air and ALL round than Waters - and can play CB or midfield - His versatility is a huge bonus and not so long ago he was on big money way beyond what we could afford . . . 
Welcome back - keep fit and be the fab leader we expect you to be !  :spud7
But is Lee better in the air than Ross Stewart or Cosgrove?

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
6 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
LEE is far better in the air and ALL round than Waters - and can play CB or midfield - His versatility is a huge bonus and not so long ago he was on big money way beyond what we could afford . . . 
Welcome back - keep fit and be the fab leader we expect you to be !  :spud7

But is Lee better in the air than Ross Stewart or Cosgrove?

He is a smarter defender and will play any striker better than Waters - that's the improvement we need.

Will he never get beat in the air - no defender win's every header !

Anyway Cosgrove did not do too great against our new CB's, and Ross Stewart seems to have dried up a bit recently - sitting deeper in the midfield when he plays.

Guest TPAFKATS
He is a smarter defender and will play any striker better than Waters - that's the improvement we need.
Will he never get beat in the air - no defender win's every header !
Anyway Cosgrove did not do too great against our new CB's, and Ross Stewart seems to have dried up a bit recently - sitting deeper in the midfield when he plays.
So you think he's signed to play left back?

Cosgrove consistently moved onto waters whenever the ball was on our tight. Aberdeen didnt cross to him.
Mibees Stewart isn't playing against small full backs these days?

13 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Good luck to Lee, Always a hard worker. But if it was a choice between him and Paul McGinn I'll take McGinn every time. Seems were bending over backwards to help Hibs.

If they take points off Hearts, Hamilton, County and the Fakes, I'm all for it.  So long as there is  financial assists involved for us.

Totally agree.

The reaction of Mcginn going to Hibs this week and the signing of Hodson today you would think we have signed Andy Robertson to replace the worst full back in our history.

Another in a long list of strange decisions.

Good luck to Lee, Always a hard worker. But if it was a choice between him and Paul McGinn I'll take McGinn every time. Seems were bending over backwards to help Hibs.

Surprised at the amount of people that think McGinn is better than Hodson. Not only is Lee younger than Paul but he’s had a more successful career.

Hodson has over 100 games at League 1 and Championship level in England and has played for Rangers. Paul played part time till he was 24 then went to Dundee, Chesterfield and Partick Thistle.

I think McGinn is a decent lower level Premiership full back, but I actually think Flynn has been an improvement on him recently.

Hodson for me is a clear step up from McGinn and if we are getting a fee for Paul along with getting Lee this is a great bit of business.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

So you think he's signed to play left back?

Cosgrove consistently moved onto waters whenever the ball was on our tight. Aberdeen didnt cross to him.
Mibees Stewart isn't playing against small full backs these days?

It is up to JG where he plays not us. I suspect that most fans believe that Flynn is clearly doing a much better job at FB than Waters is.

I very much doubt Hodson will be understudy to either though - so what's your thoughts ?

Cosgrove did not have a good game against us last time - the Young CB's gave him a hard time. As usual there were a number of occasions when players waltzed by Waters or managed to get crosses in without a challenge from him AND he added nothing much going forwards.

As for Stewart - he has not featured for them this year - Erwin and McKay seem to be ahead of him OR he is injured perhaps?

Guest TPAFKATS
It is up to JG where he plays not us. I suspect that most fans believe that Flynn is clearly doing a much better job at FB than Waters is.
I very much doubt Hodson will be understudy to either though - so what's your thoughts ?
Cosgrove did not have a good game against us last time - the Young CB's gave him a hard time. As usual there were a number of occasions when players waltzed by Waters or managed to get crosses in without a challenge from him AND he added nothing much going forwards.
As for Stewart - he has not featured for them this year - Erwin and McKay seem to be ahead of him OR he is injured perhaps?
My thoughts are we've resigned a guy who was average at best in an awful season. He looks to be signed as a replacement for mcginn who has been consistently decent for a season and a half.
If he's not a right back then I really don't think he's good enough for our midfield.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Seems were bending over backwards to help Hibs.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with that.

I assume Paul would be going in the summer. As a result, this is an opportunity to cash in and get a fee for a player who’s on his way instead of losing him for nothing. The temporary replacement knows the club, knows a fair few of the players already, and has proven already he can play well in the specific position (while also proving versatility as well).

Personally I think it’s great business - the replacement is fine, and we gain financially from a player who was set to leave for nothing. I don’t think it has anything to do with “helping Hibs”.

47 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Your trolling continues. Oh newbie, wit you like. 

You trolled me

and my original point harks back to your negative bleating about our manager and our club

try being positive for a change and support the club instead of attacking fellow buds 👍

Edited by Hiram Abiff

8 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I don’t think it’s anything to do with that.

I assume Paul would be going in the summer. As a result, this is an opportunity to cash in and get a fee for a player who’s on his way instead of losing him for nothing. The temporary replacement knows the club, knows a fair few of the players already, and has proven already he can play well in the specific position (while also proving versatility as well).

Personally I think it’s great business - the replacement is fine, and we gain financially from a player who was set to leave for nothing. I don’t think it has anything to do with “helping Hibs”.

Sincerely hope Paul helps Hibs to hump Sevco and Celtic. 

15 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

You trolled me

and my original point harks back to your negative bleating about our manager and our club

try being positive for a change and support the club instead of attacking fellow buds 👍

No I didn’t 

on this subject your original post was trolling on Stubbs signing. 

reverse psychology attempt noted 👍

Guest TPAFKATS
Hodson has played part of his career as a wing back.
A manager would hardly play a player in that position if he couldn't contribute to the attack.<_>
I must've missed his attacking contributions in all the games he played for us last season.
I recall him getting a nose bleed whenever he approached the opposition box.