Welcome Lee Hodson ( loan )

34 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Leicester City won the Premiership with no attacking potential from full back

Their Leftback had the 4th highest assists in the team that year - so no, not none.

They also had Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez at peak performance and could break up the park quickly... we are slower than a week in Barlinnie.

Edited by W6Saint

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

My thoughts are we've resigned a guy who was average at best in an awful season. He looks to be signed as a replacement for mcginn who has been consistently decent for a season and a half.
If he's not a right back then I really don't think he's good enough for our midfield. HE may well be our LB :magic

Fine our opinions differ on this one. Though on his day I think Hodson is better going forward and in midfield than Paul. Paul is probably better at CB, but there is not a great difference at FB. Although Hodson is younger, I suspect he has been available less through injury in recent seasons, but he was immense at the play-offs.

Paul had a great season last year and is never short on commitment, but I don't think he has been playing as well, at least in the earlier part of the season until around mid November. He would have been away to JR in the summer anytime - so we have a very decent replacement and no doubt a significant sum of money that made this deal make sense to the BOD.

Anyway, Hibs have a lot of injuries and especially defensively. We have had our share too - just hope Hodson and the rest of our squad have a fitter 2020 especially in the run in...

Good buy Paul - thanks for the dosh Hibies !  IS JR doing us a favour? (pausing for the vitriol)  :ninja

25 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Their Leftback had the 4th highest assists in the team that year - so no, not none.

They also had Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez at peak performance and could break up the park quickly... we are slower than a week in Barlinnie.

He had the 5th highest number of assists.

Leaving aside the keeper, the other 3 defenders and Kante, that made him 5th out of six with 4 assists.

My point stands, Leicester won the Premiership without attacking full backs.

Flynn has been the right back recently and he’s spent the majority of his career playing as a wide midfielder.

He can provide attacking threat 

Hodson for McGinn is a good bit of business.

The assumption was McGinn was out of the team on Sunday because he was offski. I actually thought he was dropped because it was he who switched off and let Defoe in front of him for the goal we conceded at Ibrox.

A good servant and sad to lose a McGinn but Hodson is a better footballer in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

He is a smarter defender and will play any striker better than Waters - that's the improvement we need.

Will he never get beat in the air - no defender win's every header !

Anyway Cosgrove did not do too great against our new CB's, and Ross Stewart seems to have dried up a bit recently - sitting deeper in the midfield when he plays.

Spot on Sweeper. Cosgrove got little out of our central defence and as I recall it we drew the game. 

Ross Stewart has been playing deeper and is playing more of a midfield role. I rate him though. His time at Alloa improved him as a player imo. 

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Spot on Sweeper. Cosgrove got little out of our central defence and as I recall it we drew the game. 

Ross Stewart has been playing deeper and is playing more of a midfield role. I rate him though. His time at Alloa improved him as a player imo. 

He has not played in 2020, or even been on the bench - so presume he is injured at the moment

5 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Anyway - Hodson brought in for LM to cover for the Magennis loss !

57 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Not regularly they didn't.

Without going back 15 years I can definitely remember Maxwell and Reid playing WB several times for us. I also recall McAusland playing WB in the early months of 2010/11.

How many games has Hodson played as a wingback statto?

27 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Leaving aside the keeper, the other 3 defenders and Kante, that made him 5th out of six with 4 assists.

Flynn has been the right back recently and he’s spent the majority of his career playing as a wide midfielder.

From the site I read it was joint 4th... even going with your version of events, 4 assists does not equal no attacking potential from fullback which is word for word what you stated Leicester had.

For reference I believe only one of our players has more than 1 assist this season

Edited by W6Saint

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

He has not played in 2020, or even been on the bench - so presume he is injured at the moment

Anyway - Hodson brought in for LM to cover for the Magennis loss !

There are tunes when you would argue with your shadow. My point backs up what you said. From the start of the season Stewart, in the games I have seen him play, is sitting deeper but, as we know to our cost, still pops up in the box. 

Already said that I think Hodson is a good addition. He took a little time to settle last time around but did well. Happy to have him here. 

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

It's like taking candy from a baby.

Last 24 hours have been pretty crazy on here Paul Mcginn has become the worst full back in our history and Lee Hodson has become one of the best full backs/left midfielders in the UK.

I must have missed this Lee Hodson playing for us previously.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, FTOF said:

So no attacking potential from full back then?emoji1787.png

There he is...

You ought to get a hobby other than this forum (or block anyone who doesn't share your view):rolleyes:

1 assist from Hodson and a goal from Obika and you're all over every inch of the forum with some weird sanctimonious cringefest. Sometimes it's almost like some members don't give a toss about the actual results, more about point scoring on the internet...

Delighted for them both, and the much criticised Durmus. Waters is another who has been impressive of late and has came in for stick.

There he is...
You ought to get a hobby other than this forum (or block anyone who doesn't share your view):rolleyes:
1 assist from Hodson and a goal from Obika and you're all over every inch of the forum with some weird sanctimonious cringefest. Sometimes it's almost like some members don't give a toss about the actual results, more about point scoring on the internet...
Delighted for them both, and the much criticised Durmus. Waters is another who has been impressive of late and has came in for stick.

You ought to get a hobby other than posting total shite all over the forum