Gary Mac & Adam Eck

46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So they WERE injured after all,

A few fans should be feeling embarassed this morning.

This is what happens when grown adults spend their day frantically reacting to every piece of absolute f**king shite on Twitter.

Kick Twitter into the sea. How many times does it need said.

Twitter is merely a forum, just as this is. Difference is that it has hundreds of millions of members. Should we "kick this forum into the sea" as well?

I just spoke to Donald Trump he said the injuries to Eck & Mac is fake news.

I just dont believe a word Stubbs spouts [emoji12]

Give Stubbs a chance let’s see where he takes us, like some on this forum he wasn’t my choice but I can’t think who was out of the candidates. I’m 100% behind him though. COYS

Speedy recovery yo Eck & Mac, can’t see them playing for us again TBH.

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

Twitter is merely a forum, just as this is. Difference is that it has hundreds of millions of members. Should we "kick this forum into the sea" as well?

That is not the significant difference between them.

I posted elsewhere what the crucial differences were and I am not repeating myself.

Twitter is a pile of shite and it would be nice if people didnt walk it all over the nice carpets of this forum.

Keep Twitter shite on Twitter.

Weeks of utter tripe about this and other non stories and people are actually defending it.:rolleyes:

Edited by oaksoft

There's more at hand here. Stubbs couldn't allow the old story of "four of you can feck off" to be correct. So instead I reckon he stabbed both players and threatened them with more severe consequences if they gave up the ghost. Hence why they are now having operations for "injuries".

I don't believe that for a second, but I'm surprised the Anti-Alan Brigade haven't made that accusation yet.

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

There's more at hand here. Stubbs couldn't allow the old story of "four of you can feck off" to be correct. So instead I reckon he stabbed both players and threatened them with more severe consequences if they gave up the ghost. Hence why they are now having operations for "injuries".

I don't believe that for a second, but I'm surprised the Anti-Alan Brigade haven't made that accusation yet.

Strangely, they seem to have avoided this thread so far.:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

For your own sanity stay away from the St Mirren Facebook page, makes some of the lunatics on here look almost normal. :wink:

Plenty of truth in what you say unfortunately. Plus Dickson is being his usual self. Pulling up someone on "facts" who said something positive about JR while the post the guy was responding to claimed JR signed Webster/Clarkson and listed Flynn under dodgy signings, of which Dickson did not feel needed correcting.

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That is not the significant difference between them.

I posted elsewhere what the crucial differences were and I am not repeating myself.

Twitter is a pile of shite and it would be nice if people didnt walk it all over the nice carpets of this forum.

Keep Twitter shite on Twitter.

Weeks of utter tripe about this and other non stories and people are actually defending it.:rolleyes:

Glad you're not repeating yourself - especially since you're wrong. 

In other news, people will do whatever they like. If it's not to your liking - tough... 

:wink:

5 hours ago, Soctty said:

Glad you're not repeating yourself - especially since you're wrong. 

In other news, people will do whatever they like. If it's not to your liking - tough... 

:wink:

Wow. What a fascinating and truly unexpected insight.

People need to know this.

You should "tweet" about it to your "followers". :P 

Maybe it will "go viral". Am I doing this right? Even using these words induces cringe.

Edited by oaksoft

On 8/22/2018 at 11:28 AM, Soctty said:

He wasn't my preferred choice - I had a long argument against appointing him with someone on Twitter a few days before he got the job, but once he was appointed, he became our manager. For our club to do well, he had to do well. He has to be given a fair crack of the whip, and he hasn't remotely been given that. You onlu have to look at certain posters' signature on here to see that the knives have been out for him since his first interview after being appointed.

Deals have taken longer to get done than expected - is that Stubbs' fault? Eckersley and Mackenzie are injury prone and are both injured, yet Stubbs has got it in the neck constantly from people on the forum, on social media and the like, lambasting him for being too stubborn to play them. Will any of these clowns apoligise for their ill-conceived rants? Not a chance, mud sticks, and now the illusion is that he has torn the championship winning team apart when he's done nothing of the sort. He told Mack and Eck they could find a new club because they're injury prone and he couldn't guarantee them a regular game. Reilly took an age to sign a contract so Stubbs took back control and removed it from the table.

A win on Saturday would help give back some positivity, but it seems to me it will take a lot for some of our fans to go back on their initial assessment of Stubbs.

I'm glad their injuries have finally been confirmed to all the doubters. As much as both are fans favourites including mines, their current fitness status justifies the decision pre-season to move them both on. 

Reilly's contract withdrawal for me was also a correct decision. The contract was either good enough or he was holding out for another move. I know his Mrs was expecting their first child around the time, though the length of time the offer was on the table was more than enough to come to a decision, even through his agent.

Alfie Jones and Lee Hodson have been evident of how difficult it is to seal a deal for a player in this window of the required ability. Hodsons name was linked away back at teh start of July and Alfie has already confirmed his deal had been in the works for weeks before signing. Players change their minds, clubs change their minds and sometimes cost outweighs both. 

The window closes next week and we still have time to get another couple in. Deadline day always throws a few surprises. John Sutton and Charlie Adam 2005 anyone?

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Wow. What a fascinating and truly unexpected insight.

People need to know this.

You should "tweet" about it to your "followers". :P 

Maybe it will "go viral". Am I doing this right? Even using these words induces cringe.

You're a bore, and you make everyone cringe. 

Never change - we all need someone to remind us we're not that bad... :thumbsup

2 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I'm glad their injuries have finally been confirmed to all the doubters. As much as both are fans favourites including mines, their current fitness status justifies the decision pre-season to move them both on. 

Reilly's contract withdrawal for me was also a correct decision. The contract was either good enough or he was holding out for another move. I know his Mrs was expecting their first child around the time, though the length of time the offer was on the table was more than enough to come to a decision, even through his agent.

Alfie Jones and Lee Hodson have been evident of how difficult it is to seal a deal for a player in this window of the required ability. Hodsons name was linked away back at teh start of July and Alfie has already confirmed his deal had been in the works for weeks before signing. Players change their minds, clubs change their minds and sometimes cost outweighs both. 

The window closes next week and we still have time to get another couple in. Deadline day always throws a few surprises. John Sutton and Charlie Adam 2005 anyone?

Common sense - it'll never catch on...

Charlie Adam been told he can leave Stoke! Sutton gave up football altogether! [emoji14]

• 3 weeks later...