Gary Mac & Adam Eck

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

That's more like the spirit you hope to see in players. 

Hmmm, this is the same player who tweeted his delight when the last manager got sacked? I think Oran, or any manager worth their salt would have clocked the attitude there. I would suggest this guy has already played his last first team game for the club?

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hmmm, this is the same player who tweeted his delight when the last manager got sacked? I think Oran, or any manager worth their salt would have clocked the attitude there. I would suggest this guy has already played his last first team game for the club?

I would guess not, as he is the best defensive full back we have.

25 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I would guess not, as he is the best defensive full back we have.

Correct , we are weak on the left side , and whether Scott or others within the club are "meh" about whether Adam gets involved again or not , I think Oran's hand will be forced and he'll have to play him in the short term anyway and give Coulson a less demanding and less disciplined role !

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

You mean if he was able to play, you believe he is?

the fact is he's crocked and will be out for weeks, maybe months yet. Just can't see him featuring when he's fit. We will have moved on by then.

There are many cases of footballers being injured for weeks and yet somehow still managing to bounce back and relaunch their careers.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Correct , we are weak on the left side , and whether Scott or others within the club are "meh" about whether Adam gets involved again or not , I think Oran's hand will be forced and he'll have to play him in the short term anyway and give Coulson a less demanding and less disciplined role !

They have to play Coulson as, is at least till January as part of the loaner deal. He will improve, he's much more mobile than Eckersley, he's fast, pacy gets forward more, and he's not crocked! I would defo ease Coulson's workload now, but they signed a loan agreement to play him there.

with the injury situation clearing up, and Edwards in the squad, maybe Ferdinand too Oran will have a number of options in defence. I can see young Alfie maybe playing in a back three, on the left to give us some insurance there.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

There are many cases of footballers being injured for weeks and yet somehow still managing to bounce back and relaunch their careers.

Of course there are. But unlike Big Mac, who got his head down and seemed to have convinced Stubbs he was wrong to bin him. Eckersley took the petulant option. 

I can see Big Mac playing himself into contention when fit, but not Eckersley. Just my observation based on comments, or lack therof!

Edited by Lord Pityme

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

They have to play Coulson as, is at least till January as part of the loaner deal. He will improve, he's much more mobile than Eckersley, he's fast, pacy gets forward more, and he's not crocked! I would defo ease Coulson's workload now, but they signed a loan agreement to play him there.

with the injury situation clearing up, and Edwards in the squad, maybe Ferdinand too Oran will have a number of options in defence. I can see young Alfie maybe playing in a back three, on the left to give us some insurance there.

Eck will have to earn his place like any other player (and learn to keep his mouth shut outside the club environment) 

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How do we have to play Coulson till January. Are you saying any loan player who underperforming is above the managers discretion ? You seriously believe that. 

There is certainly no way 'Boro can force us to play Coulson at left back. If the story of this contract to play him at left back is true (which I doubt) the worst that can happen is he is recalled.

He is good on the ball and can beat a man, but he can't defend and can't cross, so we are a bit stuck with what to do with him anyway.

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

How do we have to play Coulson till January. Are you saying any loan player who underperforming is above the managers discretion ? You seriously believe that. 

If fit, he plays. That is what Stubbs said was in the loan agreement. No use getting on my back about it, i didnt sign the deal, someone at the club did.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

There is certainly no way 'Boro can force us to play Coulson at left back. If the story of this contract to play him at left back is true (which I doubt) the worst that can happen is he is recalled.

He is good on the ball and can beat a man, but he can't defend and can't cross, so we are a bit stuck with what to do with him anyway.

As above. 

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

These deals are often written so that the amount the host club (us) pays is less if he's playing - incentivized rather than forced.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Scott talking today about offloading loanees in January if they don't do the business before then, allowing us to bring in more experience.  I would imagine we can play Coulson a little further forward if we wish , tbh , he wouldn't be a great loss if he does go back in January.

If fit, he plays. That is what Stubbs said was in the loan agreement. No use getting on my back about it, i didnt sign the deal, someone at the club did.

It's not enforceable in any way though. The only thing that could be contracted is that we pay, for example 60% of his wage if he plays and 100% if he doesn't. 

Other than that? A contract that actually forces a player to be picked is completely impossible. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's not enforceable in any way though. The only thing that could be contracted is that we pay, for example 60% of his wage if he plays and 100% if he doesn't. 

Other than that? A contract that actually forces a player to be picked is completely impossible. 

Play him a bit further forward for 60% of the time. :whistle

As above. 

The manager can't be forced to play him a certain position as, depending on formation, that position may not suit or, even better, may not exist. Coulson's parent club would not end the loan just because his talents are being used further forward with some protection in behind him.

57 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The manager can't be forced to play him a certain position as, depending on formation, that position may not suit or, even better, may not exist. Coulson's parent club would not end the loan just because his talents are being used further forward with some protection in behind him.

Only the messenger here. But that is exactly what Stubbs and the club eluded to. Boro insisted on a play in that position if fit clause. Its bonkers yes, but i guess they see it as still paying a portion of his wages, and wanting him developed in the role they see him fulfilling for them.

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hmmm, this is the same player who tweeted his delight when the last manager got sacked? 

Did he? Got a link for that?

Edit: Actually, don't bother, I've checked his feed and there's no sign of that 'delight'.

You're just talking utter, baseless, easily-disproved bollocks yet again.

Edited by Magic Monkey

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2018 at 1:56 PM, oaksoft said:

So they WERE injured after all,

A few fans should be feeling embarassed this morning.

This is what happens when grown adults spend their day frantically reacting to every piece of absolute f**king shite on Twitter.

Kick Twitter into the sea. How many times does it need said.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-defender-gary-mackenzie-13470502

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 10:29 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Adam Eckerslay should be installed to left back against Aberdeen with the young Erhahon  put into midfield his natural position who now has good first team experience. Come on Oran it makes sense.  

Worth a try, not hopeful of Ecky or GMac coming in a making a difference  though I do hope I, m wrong, only bonus is they will be away at the end of the season. On their day, both very good Championship players, but spend too much time on the treatment table, so not ideal players to have in a squad. 

Adam Eckerslay should be installed to left back against Aberdeen with the young Erhahon  put into midfield his natural position who now has good first team experience. Come on Oran it makes sense.  

Iain Munro was an extremely talented midfielder in his youth who won moves to Hibs and Rangers.

Fergie converted him to left back and he became the best left back in the country. Certainly, the best left back ever to play for St Mirren.