Gary Mac & Adam Eck

Kyle Magennis has only played a handful of games this season due to injury. Does that make it a bad decision to have given him an extended deal?

Eck and Mack have only managed a handful of games every season of their career due to injury!

On that basis, Stubbs was right to tell them to go.

And he’s been proved right!

The rest of your post is irrelevant!

Lets see where Stubbs manages again to see what the football community think of him.
If he manages again ?
Stubbs for me was the worst appointment SMFC have ever made in over 50 years of watching the team.
I have a hunch that Oran Kearney is going to turn out to be a quality appointment. 

What has any of that got to do with the point I made? [emoji1]

:1eye

Stubbs did not want to get rid of them because they were injured, he wanted to get rid of them because he didn't think they were good enough. He recanted it towards the end of the window and actually stated 'I'd love to play them but they're injured'  

You’re last line contradicts your first sentence and proves me right and you wrong! [emoji1]

Who is the additional first team coach?

Darren Jackson left and Jimmy Nichol has joined.

Needless to say this post will be ignored by LPM as he believes I'm making him look stupid, when in reality he's doing it all by himself.

You pick one one small bit of his post and ignore the rest then state that LPM will ignore it! [emoji1]

You are so fucking thick cockless!

Have you worked out how the dates on the forum work yet thicko? [emoji1]

:1eye

On 12/28/2018 at 5:25 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

You’re last line contradicts your first sentence and proves me right and you wrong! emoji1.png

No it doesn't. Stubbs wanted to get rid of them before the injury severity was apparent. He then realised his new signings were donkeys, wanted to keep Eck and Mac, wanted to play them but couldn't because they were injured.

Good effort but you're wrong, Stubbs physically said he wanted to keep them. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

No it doesn't. Stubbs wanted to get rid of them before the injury severity was apparent. He then realised his new signings were donkeys, wanted to keep Eck and Mac, wanted to play them but couldn't because they were injured.

Good effort but you're wrong, Stubbs physically said he wanted to keep them. 

That's correct I remember that. 

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Keep or punt these two?

Both treated disgracefully by Stubbs. I think Ecks chances have gone considering we are playing a 17 old centre mid at left back.  Was a great player for us last season. GMack also a great player, though his chances will be very limited once returning from injury due to the rotation we have between Ferdinand, Jones and Baird.

15 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Both treated disgracefully by Stubbs. I think Ecks chances have gone considering we are playing a 17 old centre mid at left back.  Was a great player for us last season. GMack also a great player, though his chances will be very limited once returning from injury due to the rotation we have between Ferdinand, Jones and Baird.

Ferdinand isn’t guaranteed to be here much longer though, which just leaves us with Jones and Baird.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Ferdinand isn’t guaranteed to be here much longer though, which just leaves us with Jones and Baird.

You are right. Leaves us with serious questions about big Gary. 1. Will he be fit?  2. Will he be able to step up a level? 

We seem to be in a Catch 22 position.  As Sweeper says.  We can't (easily)  punt him whilst Injured but a number wonder if he can step up when fit. 

He might not be costing us a wage just now if his injury was covered by insurance. 

Gary McKenzie will be 34 next birthday and unfortunately has not had a great track record with injuries. I love the big fella but the fact is , unless you are an exceptional player and in peak condition who has played continuously at a high level , the chances of coming back into the SPFL and holding down a place after his injury torment is very slim. Anton Ferdinand is older but at least has the advantage of being the owner of the Jersey and at least fit enough to play. (Mostly) I would say if Gary Macks heart still beats for football, he has a season or two at best in SPFL championship.

Ecks is ( was) a smashing player for us when fit but like Gary, he will be 34 this year and in his position age can be a very limiting factor in ability to compete effectively.

I fear both may have played their last games for us. In an ideal world, both would have got fit in the run up to Xmas and been able to play a part in securing our premiership place but I feel time has caught up with both and we need to move on.

They will not be here next year, regardless of where we are playing .

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

You are right. Leaves us with serious questions about big Gary. 1. Will he be fit?  2. Will he be able to step up a level? 

We seem to be in a Catch 22 position.  As Sweeper says.  We can't (easily)  punt him whilst Injured but a number wonder if he can step up when fit. 

He might not be costing us a wage just now if his injury was covered by insurance. 

My thoughts are that MacKenzie is February till he is back, though he hasn't had a pre-season.  Is he doing his training just now or is he still in recovery mode, i am unsure. 

A loanee to fill for an injured position is probably the best solution. I think insurance for players covers at least part of their wage.

With regards to Anton, I would like to think he would stay for the remainder of the season if he is not homesick. Seems to be a very likeable guy and has bags of experience to pass on to our younger players which is a key asset in such a predicament we find ourselves in.