Gary Mac & Adam Eck

15 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Both treated disgracefully by Stubbs. I think Ecks chances have gone considering we are playing a 17 old centre mid at left back.  Was a great player for us last season. GMack also a great player, though his chances will be very limited once returning from injury due to the rotation we have between Ferdinand, Jones and Baird.

Exactly how did Stubbs, and for that fact the club treat them disgracefully?

you might want to consider that Ross didnt play them in the championship every time they were available, and Oran hasnt felt Like taking a chance with Eckersley since he returned from injury.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Exactly how did Stubbs, and for that fact the club treat them disgracefully?

you might want to consider that Ross didnt play them in the championship every time they were available, and Oran hasnt felt Like taking a chance with Eckersley since he returned from injury.

LPM. I'm not one who thinks that our immediate past manager treated them badly.  But.. Surely another poster can have a different opinion. 

I liked both players when fit and selected but think both might be short of what's needed for the Premiership. 

Edited by St.Ricky

I can see Mackenzie, Eckersley and Tansey all getting crocked in the Alloa match and then out till next season. 

Mac and Eck should be paid off now. 

Dunno why we have injury prone Tansey. 

1 minute ago, scrappy coco said:

Good to hear he's back training, but the big man is not good enough for this league he'd get tore to ribbons..

Probably best if he can get himself an 18 month deal with a Championship club...

Another one who thinks he's a manager. 

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Absolutely astounded that these two are still on the payroll.

Time for a little perspective Top Cat.

Gary MacKenzie was an Alex Rae signing at a time when we looked like we might be dropping down to League 1 and helped us finish 6th that season and helped get us promoted last season. I think Gary MacKenzie almost managed more first team appearances last season (when he was out injured for half the season) than all of Stubbs signings combined.!MacKenzie played 18 first team games last season and 37 first team games the season before.

Adam Eckersley joined us at the end of the January window in 2017 when we were once again looking like dropping down to League 1 again, and made 15 first team appearances in that half season, and last season he made 27 first team appearances and helped us get promoted.

9 hours ago, scrappy coco said:

Naw mate just a realist, but there's a daft cnut who post's on here who reckons everyone who play's for St Mirren is pish..

Well I know your not talking about me because I know I have never ever said any individual player is pish now as a team it just doesn't gel. 

9 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Gary MacKenzie was an Alex Rae signing at a time when we looked like we might be dropping down to League 1 and helped us finish 6th that season and helped get us promoted last season. I think Gary MacKenzie almost managed more first team appearances last season (when he was out injured for half the season) than all of Stubbs signings combined.!MacKenzie played 18 first team games last season and 37 first team games the season before.

Adam Eckersley joined us at the end of the January window in 2017 when we were once again looking like dropping down to League 1 again, and made 15 first team appearances in that half season, and last season he made 27 first team appearances and helped us get promoted.

But this season?

i love big Mac, but sadly, even if he gets fully fit, he shouldnt be seen as anything other than a squad player, able to step in for injury, or brought on to see out a game. He isnt up to it at this level, and if Anton stays you cant have two centre backs strolling through the game. Bib Mac is entitled to see out his contract, get the necessary rehab and be able to play again next season for someone else.

Eckersley sealed his own fate by going to the media and social media to slate his manager, even though he was crocked yet again, and taking up a wage whilst offering nothing positive in return. Its obvious now Oran doesnt trust him, and it seems he will be hard to offload as it looks like next to no one else trusts him. His bad.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

But this season?

i love big Mac, but sadly, even if he gets fully fit, he shouldnt be seen as anything other than a squad player, able to step in for injury, or brought on to see out a game. He isnt up to it at this level, and if Anton stays you cant have two centre backs strolling through the game. Bib Mac is entitled to see out his contract, get the necessary rehab and be able to play again next season for someone else.

Eckersley sealed his own fate by going to the media and social media to slate his manager, even though he was crocked yet again, and taking up a wage whilst offering nothing positive in return. Its obvious now Oran doesnt trust him, and it seems he will be hard to offload as it looks like next to no one else trusts him. His bad.

Thought players had insurance when injured? I may be wrong. 

19 hours ago, shull said:

Dunno why we have injury prone Tansey. 

Over 400 career appearances before he was 30 ? Hardly injury prone ! He had a bad injury at Aberdeen and has now recovered , otherwise we wouldn't have signed him !

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Ask Billy above. 

In other words, read the whole f**king thread. 

Who's Billy?  Is it necessary to swear.  It's a Gary Mac & Adam Eck thread.  Besides, it was a genuine question. I wasn't aware he had other injuries.

Absolutely none of that is relevant.

3 hours ago, billyg said:

Over 400 career appearances before he was 30 ? Hardly injury prone ! He had a bad injury at Aberdeen and has now recovered , otherwise we wouldn't have signed him !

But come on , how fit is he to play in the Premier league right now, 12 games in 18 months!!