Gary Mac & Adam Eck

5 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

But come on , how fit is he to play in the Premier league right now, 12 games in 18 months!!

He is not someone we could normally afford. Hamilton and Dundee were also in for him. Obviously a certain Mr Rice knows him I'm confident he is fit. fit like :P

46 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Absolutely none of that is relevant.

If you were suggesting their injury problems this season are the reason they shouldn't be on the payroll, they have both played a decent amount of games for us since joining us. If you are suggesting they are not good enough for this level, I would suggest that in all probability a fit Eckersley would have been better at left back than Coulson was, Hodson being played out of position at left back was, and Erhahon being played out of position at left back has been. Whether Eckersley is of premiership standard or better than what we've had at left back this season will only be shown if he gets a run in the team for a month or more.

If he is out of Kearney's plans despite being fit the pressure falls on Kearney and the recruitment team to recruit a left back who plays so well that any debate about Eckersley or playing other players out of position in that spot is ended. 

41 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If you were suggesting their injury problems this season are the reason they shouldn't be on the payroll, they have both played a decent amount of games for us since joining us. If you are suggesting they are not good enough for this level, I would suggest that in all probability a fit Eckersley would have been better at left back than Coulson was, Hodson being played out of position at left back was, and Erhahon being played out of position at left back has been. Whether Eckersley is of premiership standard or better than what we've had at left back this season will only be shown if he gets a run in the team for a month or more.

If he is out of Kearney's plans despite being fit the pressure falls on Kearney and the recruitment team to recruit a left back who plays so well that any debate about Eckersley or playing other players out of position in that spot is ended. 

Eck missed a third of last season, despite it being his most injury free season! Mack only played 14 games. They are both in their 30s.

Stubbs has ultimately been proven correct on these 2 players and on McShane as well.

Yet, there was a meltdown when they were told to leave in the summer!

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Eck missed a third of last season, despite it being his most injury free season! Mack only played 14 games. They are both in their 30s.

Stubbs has ultimately been proven correct on these 2 players and on McShane as well.

Yet, there was a meltdown when they were told to leave in the summer!

To be fair he was also correct about Smith.

Was he correct about Heaton, Rogers, Kpekawa or King though?

• 5 weeks later...
Looks like Mac is starting for the reserves today. Might be a long shot at this stage but if we can get him back on form and into a solid partnership with Popescu it would be massive for our defence. 

He played the first half. I only saw 15-20 minutes of it but he looked ok. Wasn’t really tested much but done what he had to.
Have to say the big No5 playing beside him played well, done the simple stuff, no nonsense .

12 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

He played the first half. I only saw 15-20 minutes of it but he looked ok. Wasn’t really tested much but done what he had to.
Have to say the big No5 playing beside him played well, done the simple stuff, no nonsense .

That was Max Potter - thought we played better 2nd half after Mackenzie went off, Liam Miller also played well so we have two promising young central defenders who if they progress may be worth looking out for in the future

4 minutes ago, alwaysabuddy said:

That was Max Potter - thought we played better 2nd half after Mackenzie went off, Liam Miller also played well so we have two promising young central defenders who if they progress may be worth looking out for in the future

Any up date on the injuries to our 3 who were subbed?

Should we not have been beating Killie - we had 1st team guys, and largely they did not?

Any up date on the injuries to our 3 who were subbed?
Should we not have been beating Killie - we had 1st team guys, and largely they did not?

There was no mention on Twitter feed of any injury to GMac only the other 2. As it was GMac first game for 10 months I think he was only ever going to get a half.

According to papers Mullen has a gash above his knee.

16 minutes ago, Langbank said:

There was no mention on Twitter feed of any injury to GMac only the other 2. As it was GMac first game for 10 months I think he was only ever going to get a half.

According to papers Mullen has a gash above his knee.

I was on the twitter feed yesterday and it said that the 3rd (From Memory I think this was Mullen) of the three was going off with an injury just as the other 2 had - perhaps someone removed this - or are there more than 1 twitter feed that this could have been on?

Anyway, hope they are all fitter soon. 

Official Site - Adam Eckersley

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that Adam Eckersley has signed a pre-contract agreement with Ladbrokes League One side Forfar Athletic.

The 33 year-old full-back joined the Loons on loan from Saints in January until the end of the season. With his St Mirren contract set to expire at the end of the season Adam has put pen to paper with the League One side to continue playing his football at Station Park next season.

Adam joined St Mirren in January 2017 and made 42 appearances in the Black & White, helping the club complete the ‘great escape’ to avoid relegation to League One, before winning the Ladbrokes Championship last season.

We’d like to thank Adam for his contributions and wish him all the best for his future.