Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
munoz

Gary Mac & Adam Eck

Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, shull said:

Ask Billy above. 

In other words, read the whole f**king thread. 

Who's Billy?  Is it necessary to swear.  It's a Gary Mac & Adam Eck thread.  Besides, it was a genuine question. I wasn't aware he had other injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Time for a little perspective Top Cat.
Gary MacKenzie was an Alex Rae signing at a time when we looked like we might be dropping down to League 1 and helped us finish 6th that season and helped get us promoted last season. I think Gary MacKenzie almost managed more first team appearances last season (when he was out injured for half the season) than all of Stubbs signings combined.!MacKenzie played 18 first team games last season and 37 first team games the season before.
Adam Eckersley joined us at the end of the January window in 2017 when we were once again looking like dropping down to League 1 again, and made 15 first team appearances in that half season, and last season he made 27 first team appearances and helped us get promoted.


Absolutely none of that is relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, billyg said:

Over 400 career appearances before he was 30 ? Hardly injury prone ! He had a bad injury at Aberdeen and has now recovered , otherwise we wouldn't have signed him !

But come on , how fit is he to play in the Premier league right now, 12 games in 18 months!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, shull said:

So you haven't read the thread. 

:snore

Couldn't be arsed. Thought you could just tell me. If you of course were being serious. 

Hope your not sleeping at the wheel. ^_^

Edited by pod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

But come on , how fit is he to play in the Premier league right now, 12 games in 18 months!!

He is not someone we could normally afford. Hamilton and Dundee were also in for him. Obviously a certain Mr Rice knows him I'm confident he is fit. fit like :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TopCat said:

 


Absolutely none of that is relevant.
 

 

If you were suggesting their injury problems this season are the reason they shouldn't be on the payroll, they have both played a decent amount of games for us since joining us. If you are suggesting they are not good enough for this level, I would suggest that in all probability a fit Eckersley would have been better at left back than Coulson was, Hodson being played out of position at left back was, and Erhahon being played out of position at left back has been. Whether Eckersley is of premiership standard or better than what we've had at left back this season will only be shown if he gets a run in the team for a month or more.

If he is out of Kearney's plans despite being fit the pressure falls on Kearney and the recruitment team to recruit a left back who plays so well that any debate about Eckersley or playing other players out of position in that spot is ended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If you were suggesting their injury problems this season are the reason they shouldn't be on the payroll, they have both played a decent amount of games for us since joining us. If you are suggesting they are not good enough for this level, I would suggest that in all probability a fit Eckersley would have been better at left back than Coulson was, Hodson being played out of position at left back was, and Erhahon being played out of position at left back has been. Whether Eckersley is of premiership standard or better than what we've had at left back this season will only be shown if he gets a run in the team for a month or more.

If he is out of Kearney's plans despite being fit the pressure falls on Kearney and the recruitment team to recruit a left back who plays so well that any debate about Eckersley or playing other players out of position in that spot is ended. 

Eck missed a third of last season, despite it being his most injury free season! Mack only played 14 games. They are both in their 30s.

Stubbs has ultimately been proven correct on these 2 players and on McShane as well.

Yet, there was a meltdown when they were told to leave in the summer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Eck missed a third of last season, despite it being his most injury free season! Mack only played 14 games. They are both in their 30s.

Stubbs has ultimately been proven correct on these 2 players and on McShane as well.

Yet, there was a meltdown when they were told to leave in the summer!

To be fair he was also correct about Smith.

Was he correct about Heaton, Rogers, Kpekawa or King though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×