Stubbs can go now

Changed my mind.... can’t give that coaching team any more time. No fight, no desire, no hope. Livingston are average yet look like a great team against us. I’ve kinda had this nagging feeling about him not being the right guy from the start but wanted to give him the chance. We will go down unless we get rid of Stubbs... the players don’t fight for the guy .. totally apparent after today.

Sums the guy up 100%. 

Gordon Scott got lucky with the appointment of Jack Ross but has made a rip roaring c**t of this choice & a 3 year contract to pay off too. 

At least we now know what the Smisa money will be used for in the future. 

Screenshot_20180825-165324.png

Yeah. I've been very much on the fence with everything so far but have seen enough since the league campaign has started to form the opinion that this guy is completely out of his depth. 

Exactly we had to give the guy a chance but I trusted my instincts with Ross when he was struggling in the beginning and it’s the same now. Stubbs is not good enough and has to go.

Nice and honest guy but shit football manager.

No fecking point hoping that this week is going to change the outcome of what has been the worst transfer season I can remember. I can't see this week changing anything.  Is it wrong to expect that you put together a team with a desire and capability to compete rather than adding a bunch of loans and players with non proven top end professionalism, experience or skillset.  We are a development club which should be concentrating on having experienced pros mixed with some of our own younger players. We are not going to compete with players who have their minds elsewhere or aren't up to standard. Wrong choice, wrong time. and feck waiting 3 seasons till he can put out a decent team.

I really feel for the guys who have had to watch this from the start of the season due to circumstances I have not been able to get to one single cup or league game other than Sunderland friendly and I seen enough to tell me we were in deep shit. 

Edited by elvis

Totally out his depth and his lack of Scottish knowledge is frightening. Never gave G Mac a look in yet better than all 3 central defenders he has signed. Had the current Scottish U21 full back on loan so presumably had first dubs, chose not to sign him and his two replacements are nit a patch on Smith. The central defenders are a joke and the players left from last season look to have had the heart ripped out them. A total cluster f**k.

23 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Sums the guy up 100%. 

Gordon Scott got lucky with the appointment of Jack Ross but has made a rip roaring c**t of this choice & a 3 year contract to pay off too. 

At least we now know what the Smisa money will be used for in the future. 

Scott said at the end of 16/17 that we were a premiership club , and we need to get back there. If he truly believes that , then he already must know he's made a boo boo of horrendous proportions , and he needs to take action quick. You could see today that some players just weren't playing for Stubbs.

We need about 5 EXPERIENCED players in this week. I feel sorry for the loanees flung in at the deep end. Whether we sign anyone is anybody’s guess but a blind man can see the problems. A strong commanding centre half, a central midfielder, a winger and at least one experienced striker required

As for those calling for the manager’s head after 3 league games. Ffs have a word with yourselves

Totally out his depth and his lack of Scottish knowledge is frightening. Never gave G Mac a look in yet better than all 3 central defenders he has signed. Had the current Scottish U21 full back on loan so presumably had first dubs, chose not to sign him and his two replacements are nit a patch on Smith. The central defenders are a joke and the players left from last season look to have had the heart ripped out them. A total cluster f**k.

Agree it’s looking like it’s only going to end one way unless a management miracle happens but no need for people to make utter shite up g MAC is injured and has been since he was due to be involved the the squad for a league cup game.

It’s bad enough having to watch that pish on the park without coming on here to read people talk utter pish

Scott got lucky appointing jack Ross
Injured players not given a look in.

Our squad wasn’t good enough for the premiership last year and we haven’t improved on what we had.

9 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Agree it’s looking like it’s only going to end one way unless a management miracle happens but no need for people to make utter shite up g MAC is injured and has been since he was due to be involved the the squad for a league cup game.

It’s bad enough having to watch that pish on the park without coming on here to read people talk utter pish

Our squad wasn’t good enough for the premiership last year and we haven’t improved on what we had.

Correct but our team last season would have hammered our current side. 

Got lucky f**k off
Yes he did get lucky took a complete novice as manager who turned out to be an amazing manager for us nothing in Jack Ross's career up to then would have led you to believe that would be the case therefore he got lucky.

If you would like to repeat your f*** comment to my face message me and we can meet up any time anywhere.

Question- Did Stubbs actually go and watch all his signings from down south in action and what homework did he do.We are a development club who should be signing experienced pros to play alongside our home grown talent not filling our squad with young inexperienced loanees.We had a good squad last season better than Livi and really should have been looking to add say five or six quality signings.Christ even Livi managed it on a much lesser budget adding the likes of Lawless etc.Taxi for Stubbs I am afraid.

14 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

We need about 5 EXPERIENCED players in this week. I feel sorry for the loanees flung in at the deep end. Whether we sign anyone is anybody’s guess but a blind man can see the problems. A strong commanding centre half, a central midfielder, a winger and at least one experienced striker required

As for those calling for the manager’s head after 3 league games. Ffs have a word with yourselves

Do you honestly have faith in Stubbs to bring in ANYONE of ability after the transfer window we've had?!

This is his squad. Everyone agreed that we needed improvement but he's ripped Jack Ross' side apart almost out of principle and he ultimately should and will be to blame for all of our many shortcomings. Even the players from last season who are still here are either going or you feel can go if they want to. 

No one will tell me that any of the new faces in that side today were even a marginal improvement on the most mediocre of the players who have been allowed to leave. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Hard to disagree with this. Based on what I've seen so far, and how Stubbs has spoken, I have no confidence that he can turn this round.

Sadly, I think the rumours about unrest within the squad look very plausible. I carefully watched the likes of McGinn and Magennis this afternoon, and there really weren't enjoying their fitba one little bit. When that is the case, there tends to be an underlying issue.

No point in calling for his head, though, as there is no way that Scott will bag him just now. Not a chance.

Just now, Drew said:

Hard to disagree with this. Based on what I've seen so far, and how Stubbs has spoken, I have no confidence that he can turn this round.

Sadly, I think the rumours about unrest within the squad look very plausible. I carefully watched the likes of McGinn and Magennis this afternoon, and there really weren't enjoying their fitba one little bit. When that is the case, there tends to be an underlying issue.

No point in calling for his head, though, as there is no way that Scott will bag him just now. Not a chance.

I fear you are right but the brave and correct decision for the good of the club is to do it. 

9 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Fully aware Gary is injured but he wasn't going to feature by all accounts. We didn't sign 3 central defenders because of his injury. For a central defender Stubbs seems a very poor judge in the one department you would expect him to have a clue. The lack of spirit and fight also suggests a lack of support from within the squad which this early is alarming Ross Stewart was better than the guy brought in up top too but again he saw issues quickly and wanted away. Three year deal looks to have us by the baws, poor decisions all round.